Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: premature jubilation  (Read 4290 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 10:23:49 »

o hanlon didn't appear to be anywhere near fit. he was playing everyone onside numerous times and had no positional sense. our backline couldn't decide if they were going to push up or sit back and we got punished.

curo/cock played well together when peacock wasn't getting raped.
ifil was ace. rest of the defence was utter shite

umm i think that's about it, everyone in the midfield was shite. but we're playing long ball now so we don't need a midfield. especially not two wingers, heavens no

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 13:48:09 »

We haven't been playing long ball recently though which is why we've been doing better.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 14:15:25 »

Agree with Tails there. The reason we were crap yesterday was because (i hear) we didn't get it wide..

To me this is a joke because all of our success recently has come from wide areas. Why change it? There is no point putting out 11 players if you are only going to use 7 or 8 of them
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 14:32:12 »

the wingers didn't help themselves though at all. they didn't get forward, make runs and because of rotherham battering us in the centre of the park, the wingers then joined in the middle. i can understand why, but it didn't help.

was a complete cock up in midfield.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 14:32:39 »

also, forgot to say. Smith ahd Nicho didn't help the wingers either. they were crap yesterday.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 21:37:55 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Johno"
no one was there for the 2nd goal. can't blame just o hanlon for that.  can understand why, but he isn't our defence, there were 3 others.

I meant the first goal my mistake  Oops
Their second goal came from a great free kick (wasn't a foul though!!) and was a rehearsed move. Peacock? went to sleep and didn't challenge their free man at the back post.

Their first goal came from a classic headless chicken blunder from Ifil. It was his man free at the back who scored. O'Hanlon was missing out wide with Smith as Rotherham worked a crossing position. Ifil had to decide who to mark but went into panic mode. The ball was whipped in. Nicho followed his man as the strikers crossed. Jerel didn't and left his man free.  Absolutely and totally Ifil's fault ... again.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 22:08:43 »

It was a foul, Nicho hauled him down. Besides he shouldn't have got done in the first place. Nor would I call it great, pretty routine cross that should've been dealt with.

The first goal was awful, both CB's got sucked in to the man at the near post and no-one bothered to cover the lad at the back post.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 22:25:03 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
It was a foul, Nicho hauled him down. Besides he shouldn't have got done in the first place. Nor would I call it great, pretty routine cross that should've been dealt with.

The first goal was awful, both CB's got sucked in to the man at the near post and no-one bothered to cover the lad at the back post.
Bollox.

Nicho read the check back and stood still while the attacker fell over. Ref was conned. Looks like you were too.

Both CB were not in the middle. One CB (O'Hanlon) was out wide. The other (Ifil) lost his man. Pay attention. Wink
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 22:28:54 »

If that what happened... then how can you expect Ifil to cover? He stays on his man, the guy at the front post has a clear run on goal... he goes in he leaves his man alone behind him... no win situation

If Nicholas was back covering it wouldn't have mattered  Wink
santini

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 19, 2006, 23:12:26 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
If that what happened... then how can you expect Ifil to cover?
1. Stay awake
2. Run when his man runs.
3. Preferably in same direction.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 20, 2006, 09:16:00 »

As i feared Saturday was crap,as usual we failed to turn up in front of a big home crowd Sad Fair play to the yorkies,they played well and deserved to win.They played the way we've been playing over recent weeks,chasing the ball putting the opposition under pressure. Even though we scored two goals,there was never really a point at which i thought we'd get something out of the game.
At least most of the other results went our way.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
McLovin

« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 20, 2006, 10:34:31 »

From teh Arkells, it seemed as if Reeves held J.Smith at fault for the first goal.  As O'Hanlon came out wide (following his own poor clearance) he was yelling at Smith to get in the middle and cover for O'Hanlon.  This he ignored, and when the goal went in, Reeves turned towards the dugout and appeared to yell "I fucking told him"...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 20, 2006, 12:00:02 »

To be fair the defence parted like the red sea all match. It wasn't helped by a completely anonymous midfield display.

A wake up call indeed. But at least we are still with a fighting chance.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 20, 2006, 12:25:43 »

It wasn't helped by a completely anonymous midfield display.

Yep,it was like the bad old days again,the ball was almost constantly coming back at the defence,we couldn't seem to hold on to the ball at all.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
santini

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 20, 2006, 12:58:42 »

Quote from: "Johno"
also, forgot to say. Smith ahd Nicho didn't help the wingers either. they were crap yesterday.
Great insight there from young Johno. Just shows how much we have relied on our full backs to drive forward.  They play well, we play well. Saturday they were both inept and we saw what happened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: