Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Carlisle pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 42121 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:46:26 »

They are there for the taking if we get a few shots in on target, they are not playing good football but it is working.

HT 1-2

No, you are wrong - we are playing Fake football, they are playing football as it is supposed to be played..  Stadler and Waldorf said it so it must be true

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:46:37 »

HT. Disappointing. Reed and Grant not playing well together. Critchlow and Conroy don't. Look great together. Critchlow possibly better at LB where Hunt is having difficulty.

Gladwin not getting into the game. Would be better Infront of Grant like last week.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:46:41 »

You don’t win in this league unfortunately by playing nice football. As annoying as their commentators have been that half they are right about that
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:47:20 »

Fanny football from us. No end product, no threat and more than a bit dodgy at the back. Not much on the bench to change things.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:47:50 »

You don’t win in this league unfortunately by playing nice football. As annoying as their commentators have been that half they are right about that

We did with Wellens? Did we not?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:47:59 »

Let's be honest, Carlisle thoroughly deserve their lead.  It could be more.  They play long, bustle and win throws and corners.  They also support their own players on the ball and haven't looked under any pressure.  very well.  That's why they're winning.  Not because they're big.

Ler's hope we can learn quickly in the 2nd half.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:48:07 »

Disagree - I refer to 2 years ago and the Di Canio season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:49:31 »

Sounds like we look disjointed, which we are currently. It's pretty much a brand new side put together at lightening speed and very late in the day. A point today would be great , once Garner has had time to work with the players and get them to gel, we'll be fine.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:49:46 »

We're playing like a group of individuals who don't know each other yet.

Carlisle comms are obnoxious
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:50:21 »

We won this league playing nice football precisely two seasons ago.

We look too negative. Simpson doesn't seem to be holding the ball up or getting in behind. They've had the better of the chances and we look a bit devoid of ideas when we go forward.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:51:05 »

not sure if I'm more disappointed with the performance of the players or the fans. quiet as anything. Carlisle are winning on both fronts.

gladwin and Payne invisible this week and we desperately need to get a grip on midfield
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:51:50 »

Sounds like we look disjointed, which we are currently. It's pretty much a brand new side put together at lightening speed and very late in the day. A point today would be great , once Garner has had time to work with the players and get them to gel, we'll be fine.
Agree about disjointedness.

Interested to see if he can fix it for 2nd half.

Shows Scunthorpe were not very good.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:52:46 »

not sure if I'm more disappointed with the performance of the players or the fans. quiet as anything. Carlisle are winning on both fronts.

gladwin and Payne invisible this week and we desperately need to get a grip on midfield

Gladwin I agree with, but I thought Payne has been one of our better players.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:53:04 »

This is the type of performance we expected last week - we all said it was going to happen for the first month or two..  It will come, but to say our style of play will not be successful in this league is just wrong..

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, August 14, 2021, 14:53:44 »

Gladwin I agree with, but I thought Payne has been one of our better players.

Agree

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: