Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Stockport County matchday thread  (Read 22156 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 18:57:49 »

My thoughts:

If this was an isolated game then losing 4-2 to a flying team and playing well for 60 minutes isn't a disaster.

That in itself is hard to accept - should we be happy with such things. It's this our new place in football.

First half I thought was a bright game with Stockport getting into decent positions before shaking their shot, though they did hit the woodwork.

We also looked bright and when Kemps deflected shot went n I wouldn't say it was underserved.

Stockport looked better after half time and Stockport really started to expose the fact we play with high wing backs. Mahoney was a bit unlucky to concede the penalty but he did clean their man out

I thought we'd collapse, but w can't back to life a bit and retook the lead.

Looked like it would be a good game for us

But sloppiness and shitness found their way in and with a team like Stockport you can see they are solid and know what they are doing. As someone else said, their subs didn't disrupt them and ours did. The end result was inevitable.

Honestly, our midfield isKinsella is pointless. Not a bad player but we already have one 6/10 every weeker in mcEchran. Shade will be going. Khan is hot and cold. Don't think any of them win much and offer little protection to the back 1.

Only 4 points from the playoffs. soapy tit wank.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 19:41:50 »

It’s all very well Clem saying he’s coming over to ‘oversee’ the January transfers, but why can’t he fucking make sure we’ve got the right squad AT THE START OF THE SEASON instead of trying to fix it in January?!

It’s an absolute joke and he’s taking us all for a ride.

Well his last Jan transfer window was as bad as it gets. Totally cut out legs out. Imagine a similar one is incoming unless he is coming over to sell the club which i half expect.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 19:44:17 »

I can’t imagine there’s an abundance of quality players within our price range in January.

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 19:52:24 »

The buck ultimately though stops with the owner. Certainly be lucky to break 5k crowds next year if he is still around

Which lets all be honest, should still see us on a higher budget than we're on now when compared to other clubs attendances and ticket prices.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 19:59:11 »

Better from us but we came up against a much better side.
Our squad simply not adequate. Frustrating.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 20:04:21 »

There will be no squad strengthening in January- we have no money and will also lose Kemp/Youngs goals.

Let’s hope the sale rumours are true as if not I can see us in a relegation battle

Although all the blame doesn’t lie with Flynn find it baffling that he has been given a contract extension with a 30% win rate and on this run of form.

The buck ultimately though stops with the owner. Certainly be lucky to break 5k crowds next year if he is still around

Agree.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 20:06:20 »

Security had to be called to the Corporate lounge in the Arkells stand after the match.

One supporter mouthing off that we’re useless and he could do better etc etc.
Another supporter basically told him to zip it. They were either ends of the room and they ended up squaring up to
each other.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 20:10:46 »

Security had to be called to the Corporate lounge in the Arkells stand after the match.

One supporter mouthing off that we’re useless and he could do better etc etc.
Another supporter basically told him to zip it. They were either ends of the room and they ended up squaring up to
each other.

This will only get worse unless every sane fan who can tell we're going nowhere but to non league under Clem stops going.

Too many not only happy to eat a shit sandwich and tell you it tastes nice, but get angry at anyone suggesting it doesn't taste very nice at all.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 20:47:24 »

People need to take a chill pill!

It’s a game! We lost (again) and it’s disappointing. But, there are much worse things that can happen to us. We could be ‘living’ in Gaza or Ukraine!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 20:55:42 »

This will only get worse unless every sane fan who can tell we're going nowhere but to non league under Clem stops going.

Too many not only happy to eat a shit sandwich and tell you it tastes nice, but get angry at anyone suggesting it doesn't taste very nice at all.

Perhaps the club could use this an idea to raise funds.

Clembots vs other fans in a ring to raise money for transfers
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 21:11:12 »

I expect Powers Platinum security thugs that are for some reason still on our books are licking their lips at the prospect of some bovver.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 21:13:54 »

The most frustrating bit for me is this isn’t your normal just a shit team stuff. Forgetting the off field nonsense we are playing a style that to be successful over a sustained period requires us to regularly score 3 or 4 goals in a game. It’s just fucking stupid.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 21:24:47 »

People need to take a chill pill!

It’s a game! We lost (again) and it’s disappointing. But, there are much worse things that can happen to us. We could be ‘living’ in Gaza or Ukraine!

I'm sure most posters actually realise that - I mean, it's sport.  Just because a post suggests negativity or positivity, doesn't mean the individual is off to the funny farm.

On a personal level, I'm enjoying a nice bottle of La Crema tonight, or two.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 21:39:41 »

It’s just fucking stupid.

If we rip away the context of the underlying structural issues, this is my current biggest worry.  We know we have a poor squad, with no options and we know we are not going to add to that anytime soon.  In the meantime, the one thing we can do is extract the most we can from what we have.  Right now, we are busy providing real life evidence that doing the same thing over and over again is the definition of insanity.  To continue leaving the defence so exposed, when it is so bad at defending, is just nuts.  We are not even in a shootout anymore, the impact of games on legs means we can't sustain the back and forth rhythm of the earlier games.  We are much slower in build-up now, which means we don't have as many attacks, but we are still as exposed at the back.  It's like watching some odd Training sessions right now - set-up for a 4 on 4 counter attack, with everyone at half way.  I'd be amazed if any other wing backs in the league spend as little time defending with their back to their own goal as ours do.

Flynn has to find a variation that he can use to stem the tide a little.  We can't suddenly find five defenders, but we can tweak the system a little.  Maybe keeping the entire back three....back?  If Clayton was fit, I'd have FBT at LWB to add some solidity on one side at least.  Or maybe play one forward with Kemp in behind and add another holding midfield body, especially if the wing backs will continue as wingers?  Something different.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, November 11, 2023, 22:44:06 »

I've said it before, but I'd move FBT to LWB and Dokes to RWB and get some proper out and out defenders in at CB. 

Its the only way I see 3-5-2 working going forward.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: