Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23588 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:52:10 »

FT 0-2 to the pikeys.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:52:13 »

Really enjoyed watching that. Very good performance by all bar one of our players and amazing to see Conroy back and play well. DJ was a joy to watch and MOTM.

Unfortunately, Curran was a predictable disaster, at fault for both goals (hilariously so for the second...where's he going!) and it's a damning indictment that he's part of our club.  
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:52:37 »

Why didn't Shezza make changes earlier?  Wait until we are 2 nil down - frustrating
Yes but which changes.  There was only one team going to score the next goal for me.  May have put Caddis on for Grounds as Grounds had little going forward after being forced by injury into a LB role

Quite satisfied with the afternoon apart from the obvious.  
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:52:50 »

Well that was frustrating. We really were good, just two defensive fuck ups and a mix of bad finishing and bad luck finishing.

Not despair, but this can't keep happening.

No game on Tuesday: thank fuck for that.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:53:01 »

A loss with a bit of a whimper at the back and up front..  Bossed midfield.  That about sums up the 94 for me.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #275 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:53:04 »

I’m no fan of Curran but if the 2 goals are to be laid at his door it’s a bit much when you consider the out and out horrendous individual mistakes others have made this season.
Almost every game there have been horrendous mistakes by our defence/keeper, he is just 1 in a long line.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:53:19 »

I’m no fan of Curran but if the 2 goals are to be laid at his door it’s a bit much when you consider the out and out horrendous individual mistakes others have made this season.
I agree. Curran has improved and didn't look as bad as he has in the past. But still not a L1 defender.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:54:19 »

I agree. Curran has improved and didn't look as bad as he has in the past. But still not a L1 defender.

Agreed

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #278 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:54:40 »

Good performance from 10 of the 11 players today, shit result though.

Not unenjoyable at times but we were unlucky in front of goal and please don't play Curran again, he is nowhere near L2 standard let alone L1.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:55:10 »

Disappointing result

Nothing to see here
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:56:19 »

He seems to set teams up from the start with quite a decent amount of tactical thought - we've played in quite different ways over the last three games and largely, they've worked to begin with.

However he also seems utterly averse to making any tactical changes in-game, even when it's blindingly obvious that there's an issue.

It's an odd one.
Remember last Saturday?

So which subs would you have made that would have changed the game and avoided a sucker punch?
REDBUCK

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:57:47 »

Nobody said otherwise, but without Currans 2 worst mistakes we would have at least drawn the game.

I didn't say they did, it's just an opinion am i not allowed to join in with the gang.

You could also say without hitting the bar at 1-0 we might have got a draw.
china red

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:58:58 »

No idea the game wasn’t on at 3pm today, just logged on to OS to pay for the game and saw the result.......
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:59:26 »

The difference between today's goals against and the others is that until now, our mistakes were made by footballers. Starting with Curran means a -2 is virtually a given. We slaughtered them in midfield, but we never had enough pressure in their box either. We just don't have anyone there.

Lots of positiives from that performance, but two more injuries. Makes you wonder what we could do in this division with a fit first team.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, December 5, 2020, 14:59:32 »

We were totally dominant.  

Given the bench I don't see what subs would have changed the game.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: