Pages: 1 ... 3345 3346 3347 [3348] 3349 3350 3351 ... 3978   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8995549 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50205 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:14:51 »

There's a difference between "every player has a price" and actively hawking around your captain though - not suggesting that the latter is happening for sure, but it would likely unsettle the squad a bit if there was an active attempt to move a few of them on.

Well according to reports that is exactly what is happening.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50206 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:30:11 »

Again, where does it suggest that we are hawking players out or actively seeking to sell them. At worst the stories suggest that we are open to offers which doesn't seem particularly different to any other club at this level. Doesn't mean we are going to accept any offers unless they are in the best interest of the club, in the opinion of those making the decisions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50207 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:40:04 »

Every player is for sale if the right money is there arent they. Business sense.
know the price of everything, the value of nothing is the quote I'd use.

it would have to be a bloody good offer. in top 2 CB. club captain. vital experience for the run in.

he could of course want out. which is different.

sure we may get fbt. but that leaves lb an issue
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #50208 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:41:08 »

Not if we sign Tomlinson
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #50209 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:41:49 »

Again, where does it suggest that we are hawking players out or actively seeking to sell them. At worst the stories suggest that we are open to offers which doesn't seem particularly different to any other club at this level. Doesn't mean we are going to accept any offers unless they are in the best interest of the club, in the opinion of those making the decisions.
I agree with this. Nothing I've seen suggests that the club is actively trying to sell him, just that they are open to offers (for any player) which is basically the same position that every club in League 2 is in (and League 1 and almost all of the Championship and probably quite a few in the Premier).

We get this sort of stuff every season, in the Summer and in January. Until he is actually sold I'll take it all with a pinch of salt. And if he is sold and we get in a replacement that is better then no problem. I'd imagine, like Reed/Cain, we'd have a player lined up as a replacement if he is sold.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50210 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:42:28 »

Report  I saw when it first broke said we were shopping him around and transfer listed him. Don't have it to hand.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #50211 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:43:34 »

know the price of everything, the value of nothing is the quote I'd use.
We never get told the transfer fees nowadays. Always undisclosed. So, basically, we don't know the price or the value.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #50212 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:45:16 »

Report  I saw when it first broke said we were shopping him around and transfer listed him. Don't have it to hand.
Are you talking about this one?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-swindon-town-listening-to-transfer-offers-for-senior-player/
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50213 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 12:52:07 »

Can't really remember, just remember the wording sounding more like we were the ones pushing it and that does seem to indicate that so may have been.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50214 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 13:15:41 »

Not if we sign Tomlinson

That works
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #50215 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 13:24:35 »

That works

No it doesn't we would be selling a centre back to sign a full back (do we need him ?) still be a centre back or 2 short
DMC

« Reply #50216 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 13:25:22 »

No it doesn't we would be selling a centre back to sign a full back (do we need him ?) still be a centre back or 2 short
I think Batch means if we get FBT for Macdonald
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50217 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 13:33:07 »

Batch said: "sure we may get fbt. but that leaves lb an issue"

To which Aud responded "Not if we sign Tomlinson"

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #50218 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 13:34:57 »

Our GK, midfield and attack is looking good in my opinion,....but defence needs attention. I'd like to keep MacDonald and sign at least one more good CB, but unsure how realistic that is.

Harries is useless and Baudry realistically is done.

Brennan has been pretty bad but he looked good Saturday. If he stays there may be a player there for us this season under new management.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #50219 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2023, 14:31:26 »

There's definitely a player in Brennan imo, his progress has been patchy because of that concussion, immediately followed by a red card then his form wasn't great when called upon but I have a feeling he'll come good between now and May.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 3345 3346 3347 [3348] 3349 3350 3351 ... 3978   Go Up
Print
Jump to: