Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC - V - Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38035 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 02:40:13 »

Well, I haven't stopped smiling yet. And I'm shitfaced.
bobby barnes jink

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 02:49:19 »

Living in Singapore, thank god for interweb forums and youtube. Thanks to those who've uploaded footage of what looked like one of those days which become signposts in your life.

I had a ST in 1993 and it reminded me of those intangible feelings. A packed County Ground means so much and - unlike with the super rich clubs - it doesn't happen as often as we'd all like anymore, but when it does you really appreciate it.

I'm off for a leaving do in Bangkok next weekend. It'll be carnage and I'll be wearing my Town shirt throughout, with pride.

Well done everyone for playing your part.

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 03:32:47 »

Just got in and WHAT A DAY!!!

We are Champions and a thoroughly enjoyable day that will live long in the memory!

Highlight seeing Caddis lift the Trophy and Ferry prancing around in his pants....great memories that will last in everyone of our minds forever!

Big appreciation to Jeremy Wray for bringing Paolo and his staff in, and well done to Paolo and the team for such a great season, party atmosphere at Bradford next week and to finish off the night had a decent chat with Alan McCormack and Jay Maceverly in a chicken outlet opposite TPs who said training will be light, Macca's best 2 weeks of his life and got myself a pic with the man himself(upload unavailable as too pissed to work my phone)

Anyways, Swindon Town FC League 2 Champions 2011/12 season get innnnnnnnnnnn!!!  Beers

#VivaKenBarlow!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 04:08:37 »

The past 24 hours have been fucking amazing.

Getting we are the champions played in the SU and singing along to every word a particular highlight, along with someone other than myself dedicating a song to "the mighty Swindon town"

I fucking love my team.

Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 06:27:21 »

Stand up for the Champions !!  Beers
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 07:08:51 »

May as well come on here as I'm too hungover to sleep.
What a day. What a team. What a fucking celebration. Was in the CG Hotel after the match. Waited for every player to come out of the ground after to get pics. Nice close up of Ronan Murrays medal. He was first out but ended up leaving last beacause Benson had blocked him in. Saw Paolo and his entourage comming out to the car park and rushed back into the CG to tell everyone mid celebrations. We all piled out and fair play, he didn't just drive off but stayed a few minutes for pics and handshakes all round. Really up close and personal. Made my fucking day.
Paolo you are a legend.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:17:47 »

The past 24 hours have been fucking amazing.

Getting we are the champions played in the SU and singing along to every word a particular highlight, along with someone other than myself dedicating a song to "the mighty Swindon town"

I fucking love my team.

Good to see you pop into the Sir Dans yesterday Mr Sugg.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:19:08 »

As days go yesterday was pretty damn good. To win the league was one thing but to do it in such style was another. Great atmosphere in the ground and before and after the game. A brilliant day to be a Town fan. Let's hope Paolo remains here for a while longer and builds on this success like Macari did. 
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:37:10 »

What an end to an amazing season. What a difference a year makes, all a bit unreal really. Perfect day, like going to a football match with 13,000 mates. Whatever happens in the future that is in the memory bank...never a dull moment supporting this club. Very,very happy that I was there........... Cheesy

Bathtime
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:48:43 »

Wow. What a fucking day. Just got back to Kent. Met some great Swindon fans today. Some old some young. Saw people I have not seen for years. Town were simply fab today. The townend was like old times. Even had gills fans on train back from London singing our praises. Roll on Bradford and next season. Coyr

Good to meet you Medway. Great day!  Pint
Give us an S

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:54:30 »

Give_us_an_S started that. Was brilliant when the whole ground stood up and sung along!

I'm bollocksed.....time for bed! Night all!!

A proud moment I shall treasure forever! What a great day Smiley
anglia red

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:55:53 »

What a fantastic day and super atmosphere ,our second goal was pure quality.gutted I had to leave the ground at 1705 hrs to catch the train and missed the presentation  (only to find it was running 12 minuts late) ,Nice to meet Medway Red and his boys at Paddington.

ome on you reds
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 09:59:54 »

That were brilliant. The sight of nearly 13,000 Town fans singing "stand up for the Champions" across all four stands is a sight I never thought I would see at the CG. And to win in such style - none of this "it's 0-0 we desperately need an injury-time winner 'cos Shrewsbury are winning" bollocks. The sight of Town players parading a trophy - marvellous (I missed the presentation in 1996). And to cap it all off is the meltdown also known as Yellows forum.

And to all those managers who queried Paolo "what does he know about this League" Di Canio at the beginning? Stick that in your fucking pipe...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:18:12 »

Brilliant way to (almost) finish the season - going up as Champions is just another part of this roller coaster ride that is Swindon Town. There are very few, if any, other clubs in the Football League who have jumped around the Divisions like us through either being Champions, automatic and play off promotion or unfortunately relegation sides. Hopefully we will have the "promotion bounce" that a lot of teams get when we kick-off in Division 1 next season and it can take us to the next level again. 1st Place

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, April 29, 2012, 10:24:58 »

Has anyone got/ found any video of singing  stand up for the champions?

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: