Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League Playoff Dates  (Read 48758 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 12:43:51 »

every club would want home advantage in the second leg.

Are we not reading this wrong? does it not mean if they are due to have a home first leg FIRST then it will have to be on the Friday instead of the Saturday due to the cup final clash, it doesn't say they are guarenteed any choice whether they go home or away first does it?
lambourn red

« Reply #106 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 13:49:03 »

In order to avoid a direct clash with the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium on Saturday 15th May, should Charlton Athletic finish 6th, the match order for both 1st and 2nd legs would reverse.

*If Charlton Athletic and Millwall finish in the bottom two play-off positions, and Charlton Athletic do not play Leeds United, Millwall will play on Friday and Charlton Athletic on Saturday.

I have read it over a few times and I am know more confused than I was the first time I read it, I really do not understand why does it make a difference if Charlton have to play Leeds as to when or where the game is played.
laufav

« Reply #107 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 14:09:06 »

Are we not reading this wrong? does it not mean if they are due to have a home first leg FIRST then it will have to be on the Friday instead of the Saturday due to the cup final clash, it doesn't say they are guarenteed any choice whether they go home or away first does it?

You're right, the league have just ballsed up the wording. No need to panic.

Why they have even published this info when nobody has a clue who is going to finish where, and there are so many extra factors to consider, is beyond me.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 14:13:07 by laufav » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #108 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 14:10:16 »

Leeds and Millwall have a bit of history
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 14:47:47 »

Yeah, Leeds lose to them.

Clems Army!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 15:52:38 »

Yeah, Leeds lose to them.

They lose to us, too.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 19:29:26 »

Does anyone else feel that their whole lives are on hold until the outcome of Saturday's games so that you can start planning days off to get to the play off games (or maybe not) and you can't commit to any other social arrangements until then. Hoping for either auto or the 4th vs 5th game against Charlton for minimal disruption.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 19:36:55 »

My day off for the final got rejected, how gay...
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 19:38:18 »

To be honest Oaksey i am just concentrating on getting out of London in one piece...if i do then anything else will be a bonus.
Talk Talk

« Reply #114 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 19:38:53 »

Does anyone else feel that their whole lives are on hold until the outcome of Saturday's games so that you can start planning days off to get to the play off games (or maybe not) and you can't commit to any other social arrangements until then. Hoping for either auto or the 4th vs 5th game against Charlton for minimal disruption.

My life has been on hold waiting for Saturday to be honest.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 20:01:29 »

To be honest Oaksey i am just concentrating on getting out of London in one piece...if i do then anything else will be a bonus.

Think it should be fine. In my dreams I have imagined that we're 0-0 and Leeds are winning 1-0 then the Gas get an equaliser with about 5 to go. Millwall get wind of this and go for broke and then our late goal curse reverses itself with a late, late breakaway goal to send us up.

Can't see it being too tricky getting out but rumours we might be held in afterwards for an hour. Once back to London Bridge it should be fine. I'm popping down to Beckenham afterwards to see a mate who used to watch Millwall a lot and most of his mates in the pub are Millwall so could be fun but they're all a reasonable bunch.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 20:07:09 »

Will be a great day whatever....love us to batter them.
The playoffs are a lovely fallback though.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 20:20:09 »

oh no! just can't agree that the play-offs are a lovely fall-back.
If we have to go that route and Wembley I will be fit for nothing for 10 days or so.  Won't be able to sleep, won't be able to eat, won't be able to do my work right, will have dreams about scoring the winner though and be taking in plenty of rum and coke.

Just keeping the faith for a great day out this Sat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 20:23:27 »

I had a dream Frank Nouble scored a last minute winner (far post, 6 yards)  to take us up. Not sure if it was Wembley or Millwall. It looked a bit like Chedworth village pitch to be honest.

Still, you heard it here first.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #119 on: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 21:42:13 »

I had a dream Frank Nouble scored a last minute winner (far post, 6 yards)  to take us up. Not sure if it was Wembley or Millwall. It looked a bit like Chedworth village pitch to be honest.

Still, you heard it here first.
Magic mushroom dream?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: