Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92519 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 17:10:16 »

The bollocks surrounding these 2 games with the 82ers have been worse than anything that occurred with the Pox.

At least they, like us, know our place in the scheme of things.

Fuck knows what the Traders would have made of the 'ballboy incident' we had at the Kassam.

Glad to see the back of the cunts

I would certainly agree that the fallout of both games on the City side has been somewhat intense.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 17:49:38 »

I know our fans have a reputation on here for being miserable/negative but the post match reception was excellent considering we had lost 3-0 to our local rivals - not many sets of fans would react the same in the circumstances.

The match has been well covered on here. Impressive first half, we started the second half dominantly without ever looking like scoring.

Branco costing us two goals has been overshadowed by his marking on Flint and hopefully we will find a back three without him that will remain in place during the play offs. As we have known for a while, he is a very, very limited footballer and out of his depth at a side chasing promotion.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 17:56:51 »

One consolation of staying down IF that is what happens will be no local derbies next season.

The testosterone fuelled dick waving, the good natured and hilarious 'banter', the wonderful warm afterglow of another derby defeat. Fuck that.

Regarding Branco, that is without doubt the most remarkable defensive performance I've ever seen from any player at any Club. Coupled with the blindest set of Officials ever and the fact that he didn't seem to get much stick at all from the Wurzels made it an utterly surreal experience.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 17:58:33 »

Branco is an old skool defender. I can't be the only one who loves him. It was a local derby, and flint deserved
it. Branco's job was to stop him scoring and he did that too perfection.

Flint clearly ran into his elbow.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:01:54 »

Branco is an old skool defender. I can't be the only one who loves him. It was a local derby, and flint deserved

I'll join you in the Branco camp....
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:02:10 »

But if it wasn't for the utter incompetence of the Officials, we would have had to play 85 minutes (or how ever long it was) with 10 men. Utterly reckless. If nothing else, the Club should fine him unless of course that was exactly what Cooper told him to do. I can't believe he did but his Old Man did play for Dirty Leeds after all. They were about as Old Skool as you can get.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:03:02 »

I'll join you in the Branco camp....
He needs to be a bit more clever than that Reg, it was laughable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:04:58 »

I like local derbies.

I don't have a problem with the way Branco defended Flint, but only because he got away with it. I'm not so keen on Branco the defender though, I just don't think he's in our best 3 (4 now with Ricketts).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:12:12 »

He needs to be a bit more clever than that Reg, it was laughable.

Who Sippo?

I don't much like it when players get scapegoated, as they do on a daily rotating basis on here....we've a small squad of Div 3 players, who by defintion are likely to be a bit limited.

For sure Branco, makes the odd howler, but we got a Brazilian from a Conference South side for nowt...we could have paid £50 mill and got a Brazilian defender prone to the odd howler....see David Luiz.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:27:07 »

Branco gets way too much stick. He makes the odd marking error, that usually leads to a goal. Mainly when we've been caught up field, and he's left on his own, backtracking, and under pressure, so mistakes will happen. Maybe we should go get Frampton or Ward back?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:27:55 »

Who Sippo?

I don't much like it when players get scapegoated, as they do on a daily rotating basis on here....we've a small squad of Div 3 players, who by defintion are likely to be a bit limited.

For sure Branco, makes the odd howler, but we got a Brazilian from a Conference South side for nowt...we could have paid £50 mill and got a Brazilian defender prone to the odd howler....see David Luiz.
I'm not talking about the 'odd howler' Reg, I'm talking about his fore arm smash on Flint in the first minute followed by his subsequent WWE bout with him throughout the rest of the game. Even the Sky commentators saw it FFS!

I'm certainly not making him a scapegoat and I've said nothing to suggest that. FWIW I don't think that defensively he's anywhere near as bad as some people make him out to be. But are you seriously saying that what he got up to the other night was OK? Would it have still have been OK if he'd been red carded?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:30:06 »

Branco gets way too much stick. He makes the odd marking error, that usually leads to a goal. Mainly when we've been caught up field, and he's left on his own, backtracking, and under pressure, so mistakes will happen. Maybe we should go get Frampton or Ward back?
There are two issues here.

1. His general defensive play.
2. The afore mentioned WWE bout with Flint the other night.

I don't have too much of a problem with 1 but I definitely do with 2.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:31:51 »

Yeah 2 was a problem, not condoning or defending that.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:33:02 »

Not suprised, but how did the Cov defender get away without a ban for his 'stamp' on Louis T in Jan, which was missed by the officials, which was live on TV.

Double standards...again?

And what about the kick in the head Luongo got against franchise? (Don't deserve a capital f.)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:36:22 »

branco gets stick,warranted or otherwise,because he is the weakest defender we have,who as you say,gives away a lot of goals.not the worst weve had by any means and definitely not a scapegoat.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 18:41:33 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: