Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Non League football  (Read 1593 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 08:23:24 »

Yesterday I went to a non league game for the first time in ages and absolutely loved it. I know Tans goes to Banbury quite often. It was such a brilliant day out.

I watched Dorchester Vs Poole with 1600 others. Yes, the ref and lino were crap both with beer guts, but the standard of football was very good at times. Brilliant atmosphere, mostly the younger generation, a beer on the stands and generally people having no expectations. I was genuinely surprised on how much I enjoyed it.

They have a 3G pitch which is the only downside but it does save money I guess. Those bastard black things. Overall, a relatively cheap day out which was very good.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 09:25:19 »

Should be able to do it again next season
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:21:02 »

Yesterday I went to a non league game for the first time in ages and absolutely loved it. I know Tans goes to Banbury quite often. It was such a brilliant day out.

I watched Dorchester Vs Poole with 1600 others. Yes, the ref and lino were crap both with beer guts, but the standard of football was very good at times. Brilliant atmosphere, mostly the younger generation, a beer on the stands and generally people having no expectations. I was genuinely surprised on how much I enjoyed it.

They have a 3G pitch which is the only downside but it does save money I guess. Those bastard black things. Overall, a relatively cheap day out which was very good.

Same division as Supermarine. 1600 is an excellent crowd for 7th level football. Marine were away to merthyr yesterday in front of nearly 1100. Yeovil had 6500 for 6th tier and Bury 4500 for 9th tier. Marine average about 250.
A lot of non league teams are getting very healthy attendances.
The main thing I find at this level is not getting rinsed at every opportunity. Beer prices decent. Also the food is invariably excellent and cheap. Proper away fans grub - stuff that sticks to the ribs and and soaks up the beer, which as Sippo says you can drink pitchside. Fans are friendly.
The chairman Jez Webb and committee members are very approachable and don't take you for granted.
Marine fans are either ex Town, joint Town or those who have moved to Swindon who would never support Town but want to see football. John Trollope is at virtually every home game.
Its nice to be able to go to the football, watch the game and not bother about the politics.
I want Town to do well but even if a sugar daddy appeared and got to Premiership I wouldn't go back. I don't want to be part of it. Good luck to you all and I hope you get rid of the parasites. Town fans deserve a good owner not the serial pieces of shit who have taken Town fans for mugs.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:26:21 »

Same division as Supermarine. 1600 is an excellent crowd for 7th level football. Marine were away to merthyr yesterday in front of nearly 1100. Yeovil had 6500 for 6th tier and Bury 4500 for 9th tier. Marine average about 250.
A lot of non league teams are getting very healthy attendances.
The main thing I find at this level is not getting rinsed at every opportunity. Beer prices decent. Also the food is invariably excellent and cheap. Proper away fans grub - stuff that sticks to the ribs and and soaks up the beer, which as Sippo says you can drink pitchside. Fans are friendly.
The chairman Jez Webb and committee members are very approachable and don't take you for granted.
Marine fans are either ex Town, joint Town or those who have moved to Swindon who would never support Town but want to see football. John Trollope is at virtually every home game.
Its nice to be able to go to the football, watch the game and not bother about the politics.
I want Town to do well but even if a sugar daddy appeared and got to Premiership I wouldn't go back. I don't want to be part of it. Good luck to you all and I hope you get rid of the parasites. Town fans deserve a good owner not the serial pieces of shit who have taken Town fans for mugs.

I go to both. Not as often as CS couple or three times a season. I love it. Jez is a great bloke. I love ST however, after nearly fifty years of supporting a club who other than the PL and a few seasons either side of that have over promised and under delivered with god knows how many owners. One thing can be sure is that the owners have all done well out of STFC, the fans not so. I see nothing changing going forward, sadly.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:26:37 »

Bath played Yeovil before Xmas with nearly 4000 there.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:34:59 »

I love it, so much so i have even started volunteering behind the scenes.

Banbury had 1100 there in a derby vs Brackley yesterday. Scunthorpe in the same league and have one player on 3k per week!

Attendances have been dipping a bit recently, small squad and too many injuries. Sound familiar?

Tope Obadeyi and Morgan Roberts played yesterday, had Harry Parsons on loan until a couple of weeks  ago too. Looking forward to the South Shields game in February, think my BIL is sponsoring that day. Of course, Tom Broadbent plays for them
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:36:50 »

I love it, so much so i have even started volunteering behind the scenes.

Banbury had 1100 there in a derby vs Brackley yesterday. Scunthorpe in the same league and have one player on 3k per week!

Attendances have been dipping a bit recently, small squad and too many injuries. Sound familiar?

Tope Obadeyi and Morgan Roberts played yesterday, had Harry Parsons on loan until a couple of weeks  ago too. Looking forward to the South Shields game in February, think my BIL is sponsoring that day. Of course, Tom Broadbent plays for them

My newly acquired work colleague up in Newcastle supports South Shields. Goes regularly too. Says great club well run and no trouble.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:56:26 »

My newly acquired work colleague up in Newcastle supports South Shields. Goes regularly too. Says great club well run and no trouble.

Their owner has just pulled funding i think so looking for new ownership. Had Kevin Phillips as manager i think
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 11:19:45 »

Their owner has just pulled funding i think so looking for new ownership. Had Kevin Phillips as manager i think

I’ll be rubbing shoulders with him in Bradford a week Saturday at the company crimbo party so iwill ask what he knows, or doesn’t.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 15:24:45 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
tans

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 13:19:59 »

I’ll E rubbing shoulders with him in Bradford week Saturday at the company crimbo party.

South Shields today have now sacked their manager Julio Arca and ex STFC player Tommy Miller!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 20:27:28 »

Should be able to do it again next season

I knew I would get a cuntish answer.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 28, 2023, 20:35:58 »

Eh? I'm talking about town's inevitable relegation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: