Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Run In/Business End  (Read 42469 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Friday, April 8, 2022, 19:49:58 »

JJ the tef stato😀

* IMG_4171.JPG (19.47 KB, 176x287 - viewed 111 times.)
« Last Edit: Friday, April 8, 2022, 19:53:01 by Jimmy QuitMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #226 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 09:14:34 »

Christ,  that’s bloody amazing Venks.  Where the hell do you get all these statistics from ??  !!.
I used to work part time as a statistician for the company I used to manage, I have also worked (unpaid) as a Football Manager (FM16 & 17) analyst for Swindon Town FC for Sports Interactive a few years ago.

I love facts and statistics! I find it interesting collating information to see relative patterns.

JJ the tef stato😀
Too much hair for me TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 10:12:31 »

I used to work part time as a statistician for the company I used to manage, I have also worked (unpaid) as a Football Manager (FM16 & 17) analyst for Swindon Town FC for Sports Interactive a few years ago.

I love facts and statistics! I find it interesting collating information to see relative patterns.

I think that for a club the size of Swindon we are blessed to have commited club historians like Mattick & Plowman with the excellent quality of printed output and not to mention the fantastic efforts of Banyard in maintaining the go to resource on STFC facts & figures.

No doubt there are plenty of other keen STFC statto's out there who keep their own records as well.

The TEF as well of course a dynamic record of fan interaction & opinion going back for many years now.

The LS Podcast as well!

Wouldn't be surprised if a fair few much "bigger" clubs probably don't have anything near as much historical reference material available as we have access to.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 10:14:17 »

I concur we are very lucky to have these, all excellent too I might add.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 10:55:13 »

Yep, couldn't agree more...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, April 25, 2022, 09:17:49 »

Update on where things are realistically for the PO places we can steam (or not)

Note that some teams are playing Saturday, some bank holiday Monday

6th Mansfield (P43, 72 Points, +13 GD)
Mansfield v Stevenage (tommorrow)
Salford v Mansfield (Monday)
Mansfield v FGR

7th Sutton (P 43, 70 points, +14)
 Sutton v Crawley (tomorrow)  
 Sutton v Bradford (Sat 30th)
 Harrogate v Sutton
---
8th Salford (P44, 69 Points, +16)
Salford v Mansfield (Monday)
Stevenage v Salford

9th Tranmere(P44, 69 Points, +10)
Tranmere v Oldham (Saturday)
Orient v Tanmere

10th Swindon(P43, 68 Points, +18)
Swindon v FGR (Tomorrow)
Swindon v Barrow (Saturday)
Walsall v Swindon
-------
Surely dead:

11th Newport(P44, 66 Points, +10)
Port Vale v Newport (Monday)
Newport v Rochdale  
« Last Edit: Monday, April 25, 2022, 09:21:00 by Batch » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 06:29:23 »

I am certain many of you, like me, are looking at the fixtures and asking yourself who is going to blink first and lose their nerve? I doubt Mystic Meg could work this one out, after all like all purveyors of bollocks they don’t see their own demise coming.

So looking at Saturday, (where all the teams in contention are playing must win games), I think the ones in danger of a slip up are The Gas, oddly Sutton Utd at home to Bradford and Mansfield.

Any thoughts? Of course you have.
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 06:50:17 »

Yep been doing the same LL. Not the most likely team to bow out but after recent performances I'm going for Port Vale to blow it and lose at home against Newport (a bit like us) on Monday and lose again at Exeter next week.

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #233 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:03:05 »

I am certain many of you, like me, are looking at the fixtures and asking yourself who is going to blink first and lose their nerve? I doubt Mystic Meg could work this one out, after all like all purveyors of bollocks they don’t see their own demise coming.

So looking at Saturday, (where all the teams in contention are playing must win games), I think the ones in danger of a slip up are The Gas, oddly Sutton Utd at home to Bradford and Mansfield.

Any thoughts? Of course you have.

Only team I can see slipping up is Mansfield. Sutton and Rovers are going well and have a perfect run in on paper. Mansfield got to play Salford and FGR. As above, Vale possibly too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:21:33 »

If we take it we win both our games - 77 points. No need then to worry about Salford and Tranmere

I can see Gas losing at Rochdale but a guaranteed 3 points v Scunny - we end up above them on GD

I can see Mansfield only getting 1 point from Salford and FGR - finish on 76

Sutton to get 4 points - 77 above them on GD

Vale to get 1 point v Newport, lose at Exeter - 76 points

Cobblers - need them to get just 1 point out of Barrow and Exeter

STFC finish 3rd!

Potential problem comes with a couple of those final day fixtures where a certain result would suit both teams.

skiptotheLouMacari

« Reply #235 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:37:43 »

I was adamant the sags would have stumbled by now but they look the most guaranteed a PO spot. Wouldn't want to have either Port Vale or Mansfields last 2 so they will drop points. So in true Swindon fashion we will make it hard for ourselves with another stupid result somewhere.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:50:44 »

Put me money where me gob is

* 461B089E-B827-4A6E-B6EF-5133DFF23F8A.jpeg (156.22 KB, 587x1536 - viewed 95 times.)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:53:34 »

Saturday will be another tense affair now that it's a must win game and then hopefully on to Wallsall who have won five out of their last six at home No Way

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 07:53:43 »

I was adamant the sags would have stumbled by now but they look the most guaranteed a PO spot. Wouldn't want to have either Port Vale or Mansfields last 2 so they will drop points. So in true Swindon fashion we will make it hard for ourselves with another stupid result somewhere.

If we sneak into the play offs then we’ll join a combination of Northampton, Rovers, Port Vale, Mansfield & Sutton right?

All teams we’ve beaten this season right?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Thursday, April 28, 2022, 08:11:06 »

Un fortunately

Really can't see many if any of the present teams above us slipping up  Doh
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: