Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Run In/Business End  (Read 42469 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 08:04:39 »

That's great news and certainly making us look stronger ornthe run in

So, give no fucks
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 08:08:23 »

A bit more on the additional allocation for Walsall. Of course, it's all about additional income for them but a decent gesture nonetheless. We've done something similar in the past on a few occasions that I can think of.

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/2022/march/important-ticket-update-ahead-of-final-game-of-the-season-against-swindon-town

If we were in their position, I'd fully expect the club to make the most of the commercial opportunity. It'll be a dead rubber for them and they can probably make an extra £20k by accommodating the extra Town fans on ticket sales alone.

Nice gesture to offer something to the home fans being moved.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 08:35:41 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

"We have Louie Barry and Joe Tomlinson back after training all week. Harry McKirdy is not available for tomorrow after picking up an injury and we have one player ill who won't be available. Harry will be out tomorrow but it shouldn't keep him out for the remainder of the season. He has responded really well to treatment.

doesn't really say though if that's one week or 3.

After Easter is going to be too late to make any gap up
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 09:01:25 »

Would be content with a draw for us at Rodney Parade tomorrow. The anticipated win at Rochdale would take you above Newport, and set it up really nicely for next Saturday's clash at the CG, where I'd be happy with another draw !

Love The Run In, well, whenever we're in the mix at the right end that is !!  Cheesy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 09:03:07 »

Would be content with a draw for us at Rodney Parade tomorrow. The anticipated win at Rochdale would take you above Newport, and set it up really nicely for next Saturday's clash at the CG, where I'd be happy with another draw !

Love The Run In, well, whenever we're in the mix at the right end that is !!  Cheesy

The top three is yours to grasp now surely it's time you went up! Here's hoping you beat Newport!

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 09:04:37 »

Love The Run In, well, whenever we're in the mix at the right end that is !!  Cheesy

This is your season im sure.

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 09:05:00 »

If we were in their position, I'd fully expect the club to make the most of the commercial opportunity. It'll be a dead rubber for them and they can probably make an extra £20k by accommodating the extra Town fans on ticket sales alone.

Nice gesture to offer something to the home fans being moved.

Agreed.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 10:13:02 »

The top three is yours to grasp now surely it's time you went up! Here's hoping you beat Newport!

Appreciate that, Jimmy, and obviously hoping you're right, but as we both know things can change very quickly ! Critical couple of games coming up for Town, and looking at your run in I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you come up on the rails to secure a top three place yourselves.

Might even venture in to watch you muller FGR on Tuesday 26th, if I can get a ticket. That said, should be plenty of room available on the Bank.  Yes
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 10:59:57 »

Appreciate that, Jimmy, and obviously hoping you're right, but as we both know things can change very quickly ! Critical couple of games coming up for Town, and looking at your run in I wouldn't be at all surprised to see you come up on the rails to secure a top three place yourselves.

Might even venture in to watch you muller FGR on Tuesday 26th, if I can get a ticket. That said, should be plenty of room available on the Bank.  Yes

Reckon you will bag second place. The best side I’ve seen us play over two games this season.

As for us I would bite the hand off for 7th spot right now, just think there are better equipped teams than us. Crawley was woeful how we lost that one. Have to win tomorrow which won’t be easy, or else a gap could be forming and that will add to additional pressure with a young team.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 12:30:53 »

The extra Walsall tickets seem to be shifting quickly. Have passed the 3K mark:

https://twitter.com/STFC_Ticket/status/1509862046720053272?s=20&t=ai4OhZMOxUWDSeIUq0vWPA
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #175 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 12:36:29 »

The extra Walsall tickets seem to be shifting quickly. Have passed the 3K mark:

https://twitter.com/STFC_Ticket/status/1509862046720053272?s=20&t=ai4OhZMOxUWDSeIUq0vWPA
Thats a damn great turn out.

Thats more fans travelling to a game 90 miles away than the home average attendance of Barrow, Sutton, Rochdale, Stevenage, Colchester, Scunthorpe, FGR, Harrogate, Crawley and Salford.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 12:57:42 »

Thats a damn great turn out.

Thats more fans travelling to a game 90 miles away than the home average attendance of Barrow, Sutton, Rochdale, Stevenage, Colchester, Scunthorpe, FGR, Harrogate, Crawley and Salford.

Put together.  Smiley

Hopefully we'll still be in the running for either top 3 or the autos.

If not, then just a celebration of a very fine football club that has still exceeded expectations in it's rebirth.

Think it will be a case of the former rather than latter so all to play for.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 14:12:50 »

The way that Garner communicated Payne's return vs the reality makes me nervous that the original rumoured prognosis of McKirdy's return could be closer to the truth than what Garner was spinning today - i hope I am wrong.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 15:31:32 »

Just bought 2 Walsall tickets, numbers 3173 and 3174, so the remaining few look to be going quick
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, April 1, 2022, 16:23:02 »

It will be a bit of a pisser if our season has fizzled out and we have so many fans in the Midlands for an end of season dead rubber! Let's of course hope that's not the case.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: