Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aussies  (Read 3347 times)
Johno

Ignore
« on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:37:08 »

will there team be the same without Mcgrath and Warne?? and Langer??

Mcgrath and Warne have been the big gun for years and has won them the test matches, without them can they do it? I dson't think Langer will be a big big miss as Phil Jacques looks a quality replacement.

For the bowling though, Brett Lee will have to start taking more wickets, as Shaun Tait i guess will come in and he does the same sort of job as Lee Does. Stuart MacGill (spelling?) will probably come in for Warne....a good bowler aswell.

More Discussing.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:44:12 »

Hussey could open and they could bring in Brad Hodge. Phil Jacques is another option who battered England bowlers in the first couple of warm-up games. For the bowlers Mitchell Johnson and Shaun Tait are good replacements for Mcgrath i cannot see Kasprowicz or Dizzy Gillespie coming back. For the replacement of Warne i think it will be Dan Cullen. Not Stuart MacGill because he has a bit of temprement(spelling).
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:46:13 »

Ah yes Dan Cullen, watched him for somerset last season, was abit crap really. Tall, gets alot of bounce but didn't do alot for somerset. Johnson looked good in the warm up's. Forogot about Brad Hodge and the fact that Hussey opens for Durham so could move up the order.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:48:35 »

Also they have Shane Watson to return. Mark Cosgrove is a very good batsmen who played for glamorgan i think last summer he reminds me of Darren Lehman a fat Bastard. Stuart Clark is going to the spearhead of the attack now with Brett Lee.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:49:23 »

haha, i really forgot about loads of players really. sod it, i thought they had to worry about replacing them, just gone and put me back into depression.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 16:57:03 »

This might cheer you up.

Here is a picture of Mark Cosgrove

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/62100/62112.jpg

Fat Bastard.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 17:06:11 »

he is a typical aussie ain't he. you expect him to be on neighbours. which, is great btw. Question, where is the ball? hasn't reached him yet hopefully.
STFC Village

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 17:08:11 »

Looks like he's well through his stroke Johno, look like it's gone fine, so i'd guess behind him
Scot Munroe

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 17:09:40 »

or gone square.
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 17:59:31 »

stuart clark has been their best seam bowler, so mcgrath wont be missed that much in the short-medium term?

warne will be missed imensely though, cos his replacement stuart macgill is never too far from a long hop. plus warne must be among the world's best all rounders at present!

what about england though? broad? tremlett? plunkett? mahmood?
hansgruber

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 18:30:48 »

Broad will be in next summer because he can bat
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 18:40:33 »

I can see Broad taking over from mahmood in the summer, because he can bat, and is a much better bowler. If Nixon has a good world cup, i could see him playing a few tests aswell. Leicestershire is coming back to the fore  Cheesy

Things get better but they never get good
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 19:13:33 »

Nixon....only cricketer older than caddick.  Soapy Tit Wank
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 4, 2007, 19:17:30 »

they have enough young talent that they have been nurturing for a few years now. i think the Aussies have learned their lesson from the 80's and have made sure their is talent there for when the likes of McGrath and Warne retire
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: