Pages: 1 ... 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266624 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11415 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:40:48 »

Stfc Manc will be around soon to tell us that Australia is a country built by criminals so this is nothing to worry about

I’d put money down that as soon as certain individuals disappear from having any connection with STFC or said certain individuals are personally charged officially with breaking of FA, EFL governance rules or criminal law in the U.K. or Australia that he’ll vanish into thin air like others have in the recent past.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #11416 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:51:59 »

I’d put money down that as soon as certain individuals disappear from having any connection with STFC or said certain individuals are personally charged officially with breaking of FA, EFL governance rules or criminal law in the U.K. or Australia that he’ll vanish into thin air like others have in the recent past.

Why would I disappear? On the rules front (owners and directors), are they just for when a person takes over or ongoing?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11417 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:54:00 »

Why would I disappear? On the rules front (owners and directors), are they just for when a person takes over or ongoing?

We’ll see.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11418 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:54:39 »

Wasn't trading whilst insolvent what Diamandis was banned from being a director on account of?

If Morfuni is the sole benefactor of the club and the club is trading at a loss, it's not hard to see why him being sued personally would be a problem. Also if he was to be disqualified as a director, we have no others...

And most of the ones Clem would want to step in are convicted criminals and wouldn't be allowed to.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11419 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 09:59:22 »

Ongoing. Obviously, if you think about the purpose it attempts to achieve. EFL’s site states:

“The EFL’s Owners’ and Directors’ test requirement sets out criteria for who is and who is not permitted to own a club or exercise control over it. The test requirements can be viewed here. This test forms part of any takeover process and is applied to all current and prospective owners on an ongoing basis.”

If there is a right of appeal to the Australian charge, there is a risk that this could get drawn out for a considerable period of time, with zero investment in the club.  

Dennis Bergkamp and Ronald Koeman, come on down.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:02:32 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #11420 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:06:32 »

2.1 No Serving Officer who becomes subject to a Disqualifying Condition on or after the Effective Date may
continue to act as an Officer of a Club

A person needs to pass, and continue to pass, the Fit and Proper Person test.

Hope that helps x

Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #11421 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:08:31 »

Does the EFL/FA actually hold the power to force Clem to sell, isn't one of the issues with fit and proper that one an owner is in they're almost impossible to remove unless they choose to sell?

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11422 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:11:01 »

A person needs to pass, and continue to pass, the Fit and Proper Person test.

Hope that helps x
Well, if they can’t get it right in the first place I can hardly believe they keep a weather eye on every owner on an ongoing basis - until things go very publicly tits up, of course. Way too late as usual.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11423 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:15:18 »

When Fleetwood’s owner, Andy Pilley, was jailed last year for fraud, he simply transferred ownership to his son.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11424 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:17:28 »

Stfc Manc will be around soon to tell us that Australia is a country built by criminals so this is nothing to worry about

Girl Giggle Clap
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11425 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:19:28 »

A lot of the Power apologists seemed to disappear as soon as he did, that is for sure. Anyone remember Gareth Gillman from the facebook group?

People assured me he was a real Swindon fan at the time but never seemed it, just seemed a Lee Power fan. Where is he now?
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11426 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:24:42 »

A lot of the Power apologists seemed to disappear as soon as he did, that is for sure. Anyone remember Gareth Gillman from the facebook group?

People assured me he was a real Swindon fan at the time but never seemed it, just seemed a Lee Power fan. Where is he now?

There were a few around when that wannabe sporting mogul JM  ‘allegedly” had his dirty fingers in the till.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #11427 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 10:46:25 »

My understanding, they can't force an owner to sell  (look at Reading), but they can make their lives considerably harder with personal fines and such. Not sure if repercussions could extend to the club in the way of points or fines.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11428 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:14:06 »

Genuinely feel like the club is dying before our eyes and no one is doing anything about it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11429 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:21:22 »

Genuinely feel like the club is dying before our eyes and no one is doing anything about it.

….because that’s exactly what is happening.

The ‘football only’ ‘support the club’ fans will just continue to be oblivious to all it and keep going.
The pro Clem super fans will be continue to be pro Clem super fans
The anti Clem brigade will continue to focus all their efforts in tweeting about how bad everything is & how stupid/idiotic the pro Clem fans are whilst doing absolutely fuck all to help the situation.

Trust should be galvanising the fan base as we speak…

…and as I’ve said countless times - we can not force an owner to sell the club & we can’t even put pressure on said owner unless there is a viable publicly known alternative for people to unite behind.

So, yeah we are sleeping walking to death and no one is doing anything about it - even those whose eyes are open to it and are the most vocal. Nothing.
Pages: 1 ... 759 760 761 [762] 763 764 765 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: