Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266714 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9555 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:13:44 »

We're akin to a fucking egg timer. Which ever way we turn we drop into a hole.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #9556 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:15:09 »

I have also just cancelled my direct debit to the trust

They are in bed with the club ownership and not doing their role currently

£8.2m in outgoings each year- yeah right pull the other one it’s got bells on it

Clem needs to fuck off and take his bunch of shady chancers with him. Getting outplayed by a side with a third the average gate of ours is embarrassing- they can get physical league 2 players why can’t we?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #9557 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:15:37 »

I’ve just done the same.

A new low today.

Morfuni and co out.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #9558 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:35:54 »

Well Boxing day will be the clubs last big pay day... and suggest will be an embarrassing time for everyone at the club. Last time for Morfuni to need to be here I expect.
He has obviously no respect for season ticket holders so just wait to see how many walk ups will turn up when there is not a Fit for purpose playing staff.
You had a chance to make it happen here and you have blown it.
You wanted the ground and you got it. Now time to go.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9559 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:39:54 »

If it is to have a valuable role, it is surely to be a critical partner.  If the Club has too much to hide, then the Trust would do well, imo, to distance itself and at least present a business-like synopsis of the challenges and barriers it has faced.  Rob Angus resigned for "personal reasons".  I sincerely hope he is a well man but I can't help feeling he had the wisdom to back off because he knows a conflict of interest when he sees one.

Other resignations both at the club and the trust as well. Nobody can tell me it isn't for a very good reason because of what is happening at the club.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9560 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:43:47 »

Well based on the Trust statement and the worthless email that i got sent, i am going to cancel my £10 per month contribution to the trust, as far as I am concerned they are not doing their job of representing me as a fan, not representing the wider fanbase and not providing the communication that I expect for my contribution.  By positioning themselves so close to the club they are in effect an extension of the current ownership and I am not interested one bit in contributing to that.

If anyone says to me that I could get involved and join the board, go fuck yourselves.  If you think that is the answer to any criticism aimed at the trust then you are as good as in bed with them and the shady cunting ownership that we are currently watching dismantle our club brick by brick..

Clap Clap Clap Clap
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9561 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:45:10 »

Well based on the Trust statement and the worthless email that i got sent, i am going to cancel my £10 per month contribution to the trust, as far as I am concerned they are not doing their job of representing me as a fan, not representing the wider fanbase and not providing the communication that I expect for my contribution.  By positioning themselves so close to the club they are in effect an extension of the current ownership and I am not interested one bit in contributing to that.

If anyone says to me that I could get involved and join the board, go fuck yourselves.  If you think that is the answer to any criticism aimed at the trust then you are as good as in bed with them and the shady cunting ownership that we are currently watching dismantle our club brick by brick..

It's a good way to help deliver the change you want?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9562 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 18:48:48 »

It's a good way to help deliver the change you want?
Regular a clockwork! Is that the best you’ve got?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9563 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 19:08:18 »

There’s also the question of is it really his money going in or is he just a funnel?

Indeed.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9564 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 19:08:30 »

Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9565 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 19:40:17 »

How long until the Trust 'memory hole' their railroading of Morfuni's ownership on their website?

They should be made to keep it there forever and a day as a stark reminder of the dangers of a few people getting drunk on 'access'.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9566 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 19:45:02 »

So on the Trust, I'm the kind of sad sack that reads constitutions. It takes 5% of the membership (not quite sure how many that is, but something in the region of 75) to call an EGM at which resolutions can be passed. If the feeling is strong enough, the direction of the Trust can be changed - it's a democratic organisation which any member has a vote in.

The difficulty is what comes next if you did oust the board - it's easy enough to change the public position of the Trust to be in opposition to, rather than concert with, Clem's ownership, but what then? The only real card the Trust holds is trying to discourage ST renewals, which are a nuclear option as we know it'll harm the club in the short term. For almost anything else, you'd be reliant on the goodwill of the club - which seems unlikely if the position of the 'new' Trust board is that they're a bunch of charlatans and worse.

I don't really know what the solution is - I do find a lot of the Trust's current positions to be... difficult to understand, but they're now legal owners of the ground, so for me at least, there's more value in trying to reform and evolve their position than burn it to the ground.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9567 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 19:57:46 »

75 people is 5% of membership? I'm sure we can muster that together to call the EGM......although maybe not if the trust membership keeps dropping in protest.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9568 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 20:00:09 »

75 people is 5% of membership? I'm sure we can muster that together to call the EGM......although maybe not if the trust membership keeps dropping in protest.

Like I say, I don't think calling the EGM would be difficult. But you need alternative candidates, you can't just make the existing board do what you (or I) might want.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9569 on: Saturday, December 16, 2023, 20:08:19 »

For me, the Trust has become all things to all people, and that creates confusion, division and a lack of deliverables.  It's taken on a role that the Supporters Club should be left to fulfill, it has taken on roles that the Club should be left to do on it's own and it has dabbled in stadium related activity that should be for the JV to manage (I know two members of the Trust will need to focus 100% on that activity).

instead, it should revert to two things - the JV (which can, almost, be carved out - so the two Board members who take this on, that is what they do, nothing else and the rest of the Trust focuses very little on it).  The JV should report back on progress, but be a sort of standalone project.

Second, and the primary focus for everyone else on the Board and within the membership, the Trust should focus on the supporters gaining an interest in the Football Club.  Be that a position on the Board, a minority equity stake, a significant equity stake, partner in a full takeover, or the ultimate aim of full ownership.  Whatever model they think will deliver the best results, maybe with staging posts between zero and the end game.  

Drop everything else.  They don't actually need a relationship at all with the club, not in the sense of needing to be too close or needing to send out public criticism's.  Let the club do what the club needs to do, and work towards your own goals.  As and when needed, relationships can be developed to achieve a goal.  For example, to get a place on the board - first we need to understand how that would be possible, what do the club expect and what do the Trust need to do to get into the right position to deliver?  Next, how would the Trust go about pooling funds to buy into the club, even a 5% stake to begin with for example?  Who would they need to work with at the club to agree terms, and so on.

Leave shouting about wrongdoing to us, the rabble on the outside, the freeloaders, the riff raff.  That way they do not burn bridges, but they also do not end up being a mouthpiece.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 637 [638] 639 640 641 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: