Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266859 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8985 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:55:12 »

But why? If you've got £6M+ tied up and want a ROI you don't run it into the ground.

To my mind there are three options. I'm sure there are loads more:
 1. Trussing the pig to sell.
 2. No money and desperately trying to wheel and deal in the background
 3. Its a nice little earner for someone even if we shed a few fans.

I have no idea which it is.
Likely a combination of all the above.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8986 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:57:57 »

I think the revelations about Chelsea sending money our/Powers way shows us we should never discount anything when it comes to football.  The very basic P&L doesn't tell us much of a story - I can make a business loss making if I create sufficient "costs".

I am not saying that is true for us right now, we just don't know though.  We can't, clearly, just take their word for it is the thing.

Also, if someone does go and buy the club for decent money, it will all be worth it regardless.

On Hall - he is not someone who seems (on available information and public viewing) at all qualified to be a CEO of a football club, a CEO of any business or someone who would be placed in charge of a significant football ground development.  He is clearly there to protect Clem's interests and do his bidding.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8987 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 13:18:40 »

Likely a combination of all the above.
I guess the one other one is what is the club actually being used for, is the operation of it as a business/football team an irrelevance to those actually calling the shots. We basically had it confirmed the club was used for money laundering/FFP evasion under Power with the Abramovic thing.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8988 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 13:26:39 »

I guess the one other one is what is the club actually being used for, is the operation of it as a business/football team an irrelevance to those actually calling the shots. We basically had it confirmed the club was used for money laundering/FFP evasion under Power with the Abramovic thing.

Luckily no one with a background in laundering is involved in any way with the club.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #8989 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 13:44:07 »

We need to approach Nick Watkins to come back. A gentleman and a professional
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8990 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 13:52:17 »

Good old Zav - see his efforts are likely to pay dividends (and probably a whole host of fees associated with obtaining Visa's etc):

https://footballpakistan.com/2023/06/pakistani-footballers-to-get-uk-scholarships/
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8991 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:03:30 »

Good old Zav - see his efforts are likely to pay dividends (and probably a whole host of fees associated with obtaining Visa's etc):

https://footballpakistan.com/2023/06/pakistani-footballers-to-get-uk-scholarships/
Seeing that some people pay £50k+ to be smuggled in I dread to imagine what people would pay for a ‘legitimate’ visa.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8992 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:09:10 »

It was always clear what the game was with the Pakistan link-up, especially when it became clear the team did not exist.  There is anther article in March, on the same site, describing the set-up from a local Coach point of view.  Essentially, they created a brand new team specifically for this purpose (not a team that was bothered with competing in a league), the link up with STFC provides the legitimate sponsor and the education scholarships provide the way in.  Locals get some better facilities and coaching, so good for them, but ultimately our involvement is necessary to make the scheme financially viable I assume.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8993 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:13:55 »

It was always clear what the game was with the Pakistan link-up, especially when it became clear the team did not exist.  There is anther article in March, on the same site, describing the set-up from a local Coach point of view.  Essentially, they created a brand new team specifically for this purpose (not a team that was bothered with competing in a league), the link up with STFC provides the legitimate sponsor and the education scholarships provide the way in.  Locals get some better facilities and coaching, so good for them, but ultimately our involvement is necessary to make the scheme financially viable I assume.
Will the government’s brilliant initiative on curbing immigration not have a bearing on this?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8994 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:30:40 »

Will the government’s brilliant initiative on curbing immigration not have a bearing on this?

Perhaps STFC can solve a few of Rishi's many problems and agree to hold our entirely above board talent trials in Rwanda?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8995 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:36:09 »

Not likely, this is all above board skills based and education based immigration with a Country within the old Empire.  Even if it does, it will simply enhance the premium people will pay to get their family sponsored over.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #8996 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 14:39:40 »

Not likely, this is all above board skills based and education based immigration with a Country within the old Empire.  Even if it does, it will simply enhance the premium people will pay to get their family sponsored over.
When this was first mooted, I asked why it was not being done in co-ordination with the Community Foundation, which already has an excellent partnership in Livingston, Zambia. I wrote to all levels of the club, but received no reply or acknowledgement at all. Enuff said.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #8997 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 16:19:09 »

So fed up with everything STFC to be honest. Have been going near enough my whole life and will most probably continue to do so for the rest of it. That being said my interest is at an all time low. Problem after problem, shite after shite. The club really needs someone to grab it by the balls and sort it out once and for all. As pointed out by many people the potential is enormous at the club, it just needs the right people behind the scenes to get it moving. We thought we had it under Black/Fitton but in true Swindon style it came crashing down.

I don't see any way that January isn't a disaster. Either Clem is looking for cash before he sells or he's looking for cash into the club regardless. That most probably entails that Kahn will be sold, perhaps Hutton as well. Young to return, but that's a given anyway. Supposedly there is a deal to be done for Kemp, MK owe us money for Twine, so does Clem use that as part of a bid for Kemp or receive the money in for Twine? Think i know which one i'm leaning towards.
lambourn red

Ignore
« Reply #8998 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 16:24:02 »

This is the way that I feel about it we have never really recovered from the Black era and have continually gone backwards since . I feel that the current situation will not end well and the sooner they sell up the better but until that happens you cant see things improving anytime soon.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #8999 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 16:32:46 »

This is the way that I feel about it we have never really recovered from the Black era and have continually gone backwards since . I feel that the current situation will not end well and the sooner they sell up the better but until that happens you cant see things improving anytime soon.

Totally agree, why claim massive investment, while not investing sufficiently on the pitch ensuring no progress and dwindling revenue.  Hoping that the sale is well under way.  From the last interview with Clem, his ownership has become a chore.
Pages: 1 ... 597 598 599 [600] 601 602 603 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: