Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267037 times)
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8775 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:36:58 »

@ STFC_Manc how do you feel the interview went? All good?

Why are you calling me out?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8776 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:39:30 »

Just listened to another 10 minutes, so 37 in now.  It's fucking hard work, it gets worse.  He either has no idea what he is doing, and is flailing around with angry intent, or is trying to bullshit on the spot, with  angry intent.  Hasn't got around to the playing budget - I mean, it's the single biggest line item in the cost section of the finances, but yeah, I believe you.  Quoting random %'s for FFP rules.  Seriously - we are fucked regardless of whether it's incompetence or intent.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8777 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:39:37 »

I don't want to speak for Rob but I'd guess it'll be along the lines of:
STFC 16 pages - no breakdowns
TRFC - 40 pages - inc. breakdowns

The two sets of accounts really diverge in pages 28 to 40 where the breakdowns are set out

STFC's latest is here
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00053100/filing-history/MzM3MTAyMTE0M2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

It has lots of information but nothing useful?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #8778 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:39:45 »

Messrs Morfuni and Hall need to start communicating with integrity, emotional intelligence and respect for the fan base otherwise they will see us dwindle at an alarming rate

Precisely, but a change in outlook might be too late.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8779 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:42:02 »

It has lots of information but nothing useful?

I believe it has a breakdown of categories of revenue and separates the costs, so shows the total player and management staff budget for example.  If you seriously think our accounts match up to that, then there isn't much debate to be had.  The question was whether or not other clubs can and do produce more information than we do, it's clear they do.  It's clear it isn't every club - but we don't express to be as bad as everyone, we claim to want to be better.  That's Clem's aim, not mine.  It's evident we do not deliver against his stated aim.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8780 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:51:05 »

I believe it has a breakdown of categories of revenue and separates the costs, so shows the total player and management staff budget for example.  If you seriously think our accounts match up to that, then there isn't much debate to be had.  The question was whether or not other clubs can and do produce more information than we do, it's clear they do.  It's clear it isn't every club - but we don't express to be as bad as everyone, we claim to want to be better.  That's Clem's aim, not mine.  It's evident we do not deliver against his stated aim.

Have you actually looked at them? From my view they are very similar, Carlisle and Exeter are better but many are worse

I'm just challenging your 'facts'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8781 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:52:47 »

Have you actually looked at them? As they have the same financial level of detail. The number of pages means nothing

Yes, I have, 10+ years worth of them.

The detail is different - they both include a P&L (which Clem did add and Power did not produce), but the STFC P&L is very high level.  Tranmere provide a breakdown of source categories of Revenue for example and cost categories.  STFC  simply use Revenue, Cost of Sales and Admin Expenses - broad high level categories used in a P&L with no sub detail.

Am I wrong?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8782 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:57:24 »

By the way, I am not saying we are "bad" for producing what we produce.  I am saying we are not the best in terms of providing insight into the performance of the business and being open and honest with fans, something we were told was our aim.  I seem to remember wanting to be Number 1 in the Fan Engagement survey for example (I could be wrong in the specific one).
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8783 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:59:23 »

Yes, I have, 10+ years worth of them.

The detail is different - they both include a P&L (which Clem did add and Power did not produce), but the STFC P&L is very high level.  Tranmere provide a breakdown of source categories of Revenue for example and cost categories.  STFC  simply use Revenue, Cost of Sales and Admin Expenses - broad high level categories used in a P&L with no sub detail.

Am I wrong?

It's pretty much the same and isn't any more useful.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8784 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:00:10 »

Tbf, they are engaging with fans. Trouble is it’s with contempt.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8785 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:01:52 »

It's pretty much the same and isn't any more useful.

If you cannot see the leap that providing sub categories in financial information creates, then there isn't anything further to debate.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8786 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:03:37 »

Tbf, they are engaging with fans. Trouble is it’s with contempt.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8787 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:04:05 »

Present average is 8,849. Last seasons average was 9,064. So not a huge change - yet.

Wrexham will skew the data too with the big Boxing Day crowd.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8788 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:05:44 »

If you cannot see the leap that providing sub categories in financial information creates, then there isn't anything further to debate.

It's not a massive leap, unlike Carlisle and Exeter is my point. If you can't see that then I give up.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8789 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 16:16:33 »

Wrexham will skew the data too with the big Boxing Day crowd.
That game will probably push the average over 9000.

Why no decent, prospective buyer can’t see the potential here is beyond me.
Pages: 1 ... 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: