Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1267119 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7530 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 07:21:40 »

I just reread the statement and the bit about the January Transfer window just sounds a bit odd to me.

'I have been having discussions with Michael Flynn and Jamie Russell regarding strengthening our squad in the January transfer window, which I will personally be overviewing.

I will be there in January to support the hard work between Michael Flynn, Wayne Hatswell, Jamie Russell & Anthony Hall.'

What football expertise does Clem have that he needs to be overviewing the transfer process? I'm not really sure his presence is really needed for this is it? If he's so keen to be open and transparent and he is in Swindon in January, why not setup another fans forum at the ground so he can personally face fans questioning.

A minor point in what's going on but there we are.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7531 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 07:36:31 »

I thought this was odd also. No experience whatsoever
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #7532 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 07:36:53 »

Inflation has been circa 10% and if I had to guess, L2 player wages a bigger increase than that. This is pretty significant cost increase not covered by an equivalent increase in income.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #7533 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 07:40:40 »

I just reread the statement and the bit about the January Transfer window just sounds a bit odd to me.

'I have been having discussions with Michael Flynn and Jamie Russell regarding strengthening our squad in the January transfer window, which I will personally be overviewing.

I will be there in January to support the hard work between Michael Flynn, Wayne Hatswell, Jamie Russell & Anthony Hall.'

What football expertise does Clem have that he needs to be overviewing the transfer process? I'm not really sure his presence is really needed for this is it? If he's so keen to be open and transparent and he is in Swindon in January, why not setup another fans forum at the ground so he can personally face fans questioning.

I agree, very odd. My interpretation is he is here for the financial side of negotiating, in case some additional capital is required he can make those executive decisions more quickly. Sounds silly now I've typed it out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7534 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:01:30 »

Surely as the owner and what is effectively his money - Clem needs to be part of the negotiations / approve / agree the deals / contracts.

I mean leaving the responsibility of your money in someone else’s hands doesn’t always go well; just ask Andrew Black.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #7535 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:05:48 »

I thought we had a head of recruitment? Isnt that his job, Clem just signs it off?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7536 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:12:35 »

Step back from the statement. That was a hastily cobbled together sticking plaster job. The bottom line is there are real problems and they will leak out eventually. As they already are. As fans there are two options. Support with your money or not support. At our level owners no matter how well intentioned or not will like all businesses in trouble limp along until sold.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7537 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:37:50 »

The LS Pod (Clem) "part 4" is an interesting listen. Unconfirmed/rumour/wahatever/sourced -whatever  you want to call it - is that the first team were paid on time but that other staff may have been paid late.

Which would make sense of the statement and an earlier comment here that "late" player wages has a tight definition.

But what really piqued my interest was the musings maybe there is a bit of an internal war going on between Clem and whoever else is invested in the club.

You'd need to listen to see what they are getting at. But it would make sense of what feels (to me) like a defunding of the club.

Anyway that's just speculaiton.

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7538 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:49:21 »

Good listen, if you can call it that. I hadn’t considered the possibility that Morfuni and the shadow board were at loggerheads. That does dampen my enthusiasm that we’re on the brink of sale.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7539 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:52:14 »

A sale is going to be hard given all of the parties that have skin in the game. A lot of people want 'their' slice, which is why I imagine ludicrous figures are being bandied around.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #7540 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:53:17 »

Excellent from the LSPOD again, consistently been on the money and providing good coverage of events
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7541 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:54:56 »

Hopefully he’s here to sell the club. Throwaway comment. Morfuni couldn’t tell the difference between a striker and a goalkeeper, so safe to say he’s not coming to give Flynn tactical insight.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7542 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 08:55:49 »

Good listen, if you can call it that. I hadn’t considered the possibility that Morfuni and the shadow board were at loggerheads. That does dampen my enthusiasm that we’re on the brink of sale.

And whose fault is that...
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7543 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 09:14:52 »

And we are still yet to know whether Kiely and Parladorio have pre-emption rights which could scupper any real sale process. Clem didn't even know at the last phone-in, unless he was playing the fool once again.

Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #7544 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 09:16:44 »

Inflation has been circa 10% and if I had to guess, L2 player wages a bigger increase than that. This is pretty significant cost increase not covered by an equivalent increase in income.

Ticket prices went up around 10% for this season.......
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 502 [503] 504 505 506 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: