Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello from an outsider!  (Read 18714 times)
corner

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 17:41:31 »

I think the player who wins MOTM should get to pick the song they would walk out too. that would be good, we would have a vereation of songs and a bit of banter and stick from the players.
Maybe?...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:03:48 »

I'd agree about the young lady that sings wise men say it was different and perhaps as has been suggested if we was on a winning run then the crowd may join in.

Again in agreement on music more variety is needed the stuff that is played is so dated, play something different instead of the same thing every week

How about when a player scores to play some sort of blast of music

Keep on with the 'red army' chants it may be naff sometimes but hey we are swindon we're allowed to be different

Fair play to you for coming on here as well.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:22:01 »

How about when a player scores to play some sort of blast of music

Wrong sport.  But if that's your thing, the Wildcats would love to see you down at the Link Centre.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:29:24 »

hi well for starters the pa system in the don rogers is poor-we can barely hear it. For song to run out to-how about the red red robin? Has more place
at swindon than charlton.
Suggestion-why not invite suggestions from the fans for the runout song and run a poll in the adver
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:40:55 »

Fuck that the adver will just fix it again.

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 19:55:40 »

i think this shows that nobody can agree.Just switch the fucking lot off and let the shitty scoreboard(does it work anymore) do its thang.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:09:51 »

Scoreboards fine. If you were to turn up now and then you would know that  Wink

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 20:10:32 »

no its shit mate.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 21:27:10 »

I'd like to see Spencer White in the centre of the pitch at halftime with a microphone screaming: "WHERE ARE YOU? WHERE ARE YOU? LET'S BE 'AVING YOU!"

I personally think it would enhance most peoples matchday experience.

It's All Good..............
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, June 1, 2011, 21:43:40 »

No-one will hear him in the DRS anyway.

I remember when the administrators took the speakers from in front of the North Stand.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, June 5, 2011, 20:39:28 »

Back on topic!

I came across these postings yesterday and thought it only fair to put my case forward!!

I`m Shaun Skinner, (man on the mic  / matchday bloke, etc: etc:) call me what you want, Roll Eyes

I fully understand some of the points made about the matchday atmosphere, but let me give you some background info:

Firstly, the old chestnut of the PA system:

1) Yes, its not brilliant...In fact, its very very old, and needs over 10k spent on it to get it to a much higher standard. Ive given up my own time to help the guys at the club work on improving things and we have come a long way to get it sounding alot better. Believe me, 18 months ago, the system was on its last legs. Because of the long term plans, ie redevelopment, it just isnt cost effective to spend 10k on a system that will be ripped out in a few years time. That money is better spent on more important things at the club.The PA does work better in some areas of the ground, and there is nothing I can do about that.....

2) Sorry If I have annoyed people by doing a "red army" chant prior to kick off. I started to do this to try and create a better atmosphere at the club. Its the first time I have heard anything negative, so if what I`m doing is wrong - I`ll put a stop to it.

3) Rockin` Robin. Give the guy a break. The guy is out there, love him or hate him, in all weathers. The kids love him, and he works damn hard doing what he does

4) The Rocketts. Thanks for the feedback on this. I`ll pass this onto Adam at the club in due course.

5) ME...I`ll never be in a situation where I can be everyones cup of tea. Ive been a Town fan since the year dot, and love this club and the fans. The club contacted me 3 years ago asking if I could help out on matchdays, which I did. I give up my own time to try and do something good and create a better atmosphere. Whilst I`m not responsible for the choice in music, activities on the pitch, rocketts, the robin, I do have an input - the same as you guys. So, if theres any serious suggestions, then let me know and I`ll pass them on.

6)Music - we cant please everyone, so, again, any suggestions, do let me know....

I am a "yokel", I do have a wiltshire acent, and I`m proud of my roots - and I love this club.

You were the one that shouted "Remember, we've never lost at Wembley" over the tannoy at the play off final too right?! As soon as you said that, I knew we'd lose!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, June 5, 2011, 21:03:21 »

This is the thread where Sonic got shirty with me Cheesy

Fair play Shaun....cringeworthy maybe,but not a cunt  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: