Pages: 1 ... 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280416 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9450 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:45:15 »

You just know the Facebook group are going to use this as their elixir. TOLD YOU SO HATERS - TOP MAN CLEM.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9451 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:45:55 »

But they didn’t withhold the information, they informed companies house.

The problem appears to be that nobody in the organisation knows how to run a football club and therefore neglected to tell the EFL.

I’m assuming that Clem got the notification done through Axis company admin, as even Rob Angus (who would have been CEO at the time) didn’t know about it.

I bet RA is sooooooo glad he’s not in the hot seat right now.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:54:31 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #9452 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:49:51 »

The trust statement reads as though it was written by Anthony Hall himself.

Reiterating how 'rare' it is for the club to share such information. A totally un necessary line. It reads like we should be grateful and we've been done a favour.

It's like the trust have had a telling off and have now gone back with their tail between their legs.

As others have mentioned, I don't like the tone. It's like they've rolled over a bit. Just when we thought we were making progress.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9453 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:52:45 »

I can only assume there's another update coming...

https://truststfc.com/2023/12/04/truststfc-update-on-club-accounts-review-process/

"Our goal is for Scott Curtis, the Trust Treasurer and Management Accountant, to present a clear analysis of the club’s finances to members in an understandable manner.

We remain passionate about concluding this process to offer members a clear analysis of the club’s finances. We acknowledge communication mistakes and appreciate your continued support as we work towards providing the analysis you want to see."

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9454 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:52:58 »

The trust statement reads as though it was written by Anthony Hall himself.

Reiterating how 'rare' it is for the club to share such information. A totally un necessary line. It reads like we should be grateful and we've been done a favour.

It's like the trust have had a telling off and have now gone back with their tail between their legs.

As others have mentioned, I don't like the tone. It's like they've rolled over a bit. Just when we thought we were making progress.

Yeah, that sticks in the craw. It does feel like those left at the Trust are the Japanese soldiers still in tattered uniforms on an isolated island, fighting on on behalf of the bucket hat wearing, pint-pulling 'Messiah' monorail salesman long after everyone else has given up.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9455 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 10:58:15 »

I've just emailed the Trust to expand on what I would hope a further update might include, thought I may as well cross-post the key bits here here so that people can tell me where I'm being unreasonable at least!

I think what I would hope to see as a member from the club accounts review would be:

- A Trust-only generated summary of the review. The statement suggests that the Trust will be assisting the club with the executive summary to the next accounts, and whilst this would be welcome, there are clearly trust (lower case t!) issues between Club and Fans right now, and I'd like to hear from the Trust without the filter of the football club's view.

- An understanding of what you were able to see and review - was it just the draft accounts for next season, or a longer period of time covering incomings and outgoings, ledgers and so on - a more comprehensive "seeing the books" as, say, a prospective investor would ask for?

- A view on the costs of the club. I understand why we can't have a breakdown of each player's contract or anything like that, but does the playing budget seem broadly in line with what has been communicated publicly? Are the non-playing costs of the club broadly in line with those of other football clubs of similar size (some of which make quite detailed breakdowns available publicly). At a very high level, does everything appear 'normal'?

- How much is the club losing on a monthly/annualised basis? A wide variety of numbers have been quoted by club spokespeople on this number, often swelling from one answer to the next.

I am perhaps less bothered than some by the Trust statement brown nosing the club a bit - the club are clearly prickly egos to deal with, and if a few throwaway sentences about how great they are mean they engage better, then I'll swallow those happily.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #9456 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:00:35 »

If it ever gets so bad that we need a phoenix club, please don’t let the Trust anywhere near setting it up
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9457 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:02:19 »

I've just emailed the Trust to expand on what I would hope a further update might include, thought I may as well cross-post the key bits here here so that people can tell me where I'm being unreasonable at least!

I am perhaps less bothered than some by the Trust statement brown nosing the club a bit - the club are clearly prickly egos to deal with, and if a few throwaway sentences about how great they are mean they engage better, then I'll swallow those happily.

Eminently reasonable points to my eyes!
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9458 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:07:16 »

There's a difference between 'polite and professional' and 'pathetic'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9459 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:14:09 »

Surely this is just a holding statement to say the club is now co-operating?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #9460 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:16:28 »

Trust direct debit cancelled, for the second time. (was tempted back with the ground ownership sales pitch- its never gonna get developed is it?).
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #9461 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:24:03 »

Trust direct debit cancelled, for the second time. (was tempted back with the ground ownership sales pitch- its never gonna get developed is it?).
I looked on the trust website but couldn't work out how to cancel, did you just cancel the direct debit via your bank? .. is that the proper way?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #9462 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:26:17 »

I looked on the trust website but couldn't work out how to cancel, did you just cancel the direct debit via your bank? .. is that the proper way?

Yeah thats essentially cancelling your membership (when it comes around for renewal, be it monthly or annually).
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9463 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:41:04 »

Clem absolutely withheld the information from the EFL and seemingly his own CEO, and the Trust, and the Eady Trust. Shares transferred September 2022. Companies house published August 2023. nearly a whole year.

If the CEO doesn't know, I doubt the acting secretary did. The rules are *VERY* clear in the EFL regulations. Even I understood them.

This is purely self inflicted.

What I meant was that it was some kind of secret squirrel thing that nobody else knew, they just didn’t report it to the right channels.

It just cements the fact that the club wasn’t/isn’t being run properly
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9464 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:44:22 »

is STFCBoo on Twitter the same as the guy/gal on here that parrots about joining the Trust if you think you can do better?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 630 [631] 632 633 634 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: