Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1279753 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3480 on: Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 17:24:59 »

Two.

A header title line followed by one sentence. It's still more than the cunt deserved but very glad it wasn't a glowing adieu.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #3481 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 08:59:46 »

I think there is work to do before appointing another manager. I've been following at arms length this season, but it seems quite a lot of rot has set it.. poor football decisions, delayed appointments, poor fitness, poor transfers, etc..

getting rid of Sandro is a good start - I'd be looking at the contribution of Hart and Kiely and remocing them, tbh I'm not even clear who they are or what they do, but it sounds like they have influence on the footballing side. Then rebuild the fitness/medical(not sure if the two are linked) - no need for  fancy systems - just get fitness/conditioning coaches and the tools they ask for.

Teams in all leagues buy young players, develop them, and sell for profit all the time - there is no need to go 'all in' on moneyball  - it needs to be a well rounded squad where a good proportion of the investment goes to players under 25 but no restriction on getting in older players if that's what the team needs.

If Clem needs a Vice-Chair to be his eyes/ears and leader while he's in Aus - then appoint one that's going to add value and plug some knowledge/experience gaps. ZA can be given a free season ticket in the TE for his help, not free hospitality

then bring in a manager  - just needs someone to get out of L2. The lifespan of a league manager isn't that long anyway - no need to be looking at the next 5 years when we talk about one manager appointment
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3482 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 09:14:07 »

BenTheRed -  We absolutely need to get the non playing structure right. We have some time to do that, but not a lot.

I wonder if this has been obvious to the club since January, or whether only late into when the Morris appointment didn't work out. i.e. I wonder if this (Morris, Sandro) is already the start of some considered plan or reactionary.

I'm sure we all have a sense of dread that the whole thing is going to drag on for weeks.

But maybe it'll all be in place by the fans forum...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #3483 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 12:49:11 »

Fans forum 17th May 8-10
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3484 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 13:04:01 »

Fans forum 17th May 8-10

Yup - don't forget you need a (free) ticket

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/swindon-town-fc-fans-forum-hosted-by-stfc-official-supporters-club-tstbl-tickets-621725306127?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

Also I hardly ever carry cash, but if you wish to donate :

"We will have buckets around the room if you want to donate, and all monies raised will go to the Darby-Rimmer MND Foundation, the OSC charity of the year."
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3485 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 14:57:01 »

Fans forum 17th May 8-10

Maybe we should compile a list of questions and send in advance to be answered on the night, so we don't get any, 'we will have to look into that and get back to you' which means they will ignore it
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3486 on: Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 15:12:01 »

Maybe we should compile a list of questions and send in advance to be answered on the night, so we don't get any, 'we will have to look into that and get back to you' which means they will ignore it

Or more likely will come up with a long winded PC answer that doesn’t actually answer the question or give you any information at all.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #3487 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:14:53 »

https://twitter.com/tariqahmadbt/status/1654125646233358338

Looks like the Vice Chairman Matchday Guest is being allowed to sign documents at the Foreign Office on behalf of the club. This is a serious fucking embarrassment at this point.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3488 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:27:49 »

https://twitter.com/tariqahmadbt/status/1654125646233358338

Looks like the Vice Chairman Matchday Guest is being allowed to sign documents at the Foreign Office on behalf of the club. This is a serious fucking embarrassment at this point.

Can't get Twitter at work - what's this about fella?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #3489 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:28:02 »

I am in no way making excuses as i ideally don't want him anywhere near the club myself but this isn't anything new is it?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3490 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:31:11 »

I am in no way making excuses as i ideally don't want him anywhere near the club myself but this isn't anything new is it?

Surely a ‘match day guest’ shouldn’t have the ability to do this?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3491 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:32:19 »

Zav Austin signing paperwork on behalf of STFC setting up a Foreign Office scholarship.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #3492 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:32:49 »

Surely a ‘match day guest’ shouldn’t have the ability to do this?

No. No they should not.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3493 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:33:15 »

No - this is how you get the Visa's sorted, by having an official sponsoring route within the UK.  Chevening in this instance presumably meeting the UK side costs of any individual wishing to come over.

What we will likely never know, and it's not in any way illegal, is how much he makes from it personally for sourcing the "talent" and respective families that would likely trail.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3494 on: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 14:35:50 »

Zav Austin signing paperwork on behalf of STFC setting up a Foreign Office scholarship.

While you can assume, we cannot be sure he is there to sign on behalf of STFC the business entity.  He could well be there as an intermediary.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: