Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Friday are we going to sign any strikers thread?  (Read 17626 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 15:04:55 »

Pick the phone up and get the recently retired Tommy Mooney registered for Saturday and sit the bald arse on the bench as insurance.

I don’t think since the deepest darkest days of the smoking chimp being in charge have we been this lacking in firepower and in the chimp’s defence it was the hand he inherited from the departing Colin Todd that left him short and doing an “Anton”.

It’s unlucky we’ve been shafted at the final hurdle really and the philosophy of getting these lads in from a higher level is superb but I’d feel happier if we had something even a Sabin, Fola, Christ even a big Trevor Benjamin to sit on the bench and at least provide some insurance and possibly some options (albeit of their calibre they’re limited ones) to play around with.

Razak could of done a job!!

Clems Army!
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 15:14:21 »

Hmm.  And where is Razak currently?  Unattached.  No one wants him.  He wasn't good enough for our level, he wasn't good enough for league 2.  Why contract shit players.  Get rid of the crap and work hard at getting decent level replacements. 

Im not too worried at the moment.  Im confident that Fitton and in particular Wilson, know more about football players that I do.  They also know more about the costs constraints, business plans and worth of the football club and the players in the league.  Not something I could have said about Mo Malpas.

Something will happen.  We didn't expect Douglas but he came, I expect a similar level of player will be secured eventually.  I don't consider a couple of games in to a very long season too late.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 15:18:34 »

It isn't too late until deadline day or beyond. Just a pain if if Paynter gets injured.

When does the loan window close and open?

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 16:11:25 »

In one sense you have to say tomorrow is too late, as it could cost us. But if we win (and I optimistically fancy we will) then it doesn't matter does it.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #79 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 16:14:26 »

My concern isn't just about tomorrow, it's what if we get to the end of August and then the loan window is still open so we'll keep looking scenario continues.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #80 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 16:24:51 »

Fucking hell chaps, it`s only a game.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 18:12:32 »

I reckon Wilson should get down to the local Royal Mail depot, loads of strikers there apparently.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 18:38:23 »

i think it's pretty obvious that funds are not really anywhere near what we hope they would be.if they were, we would have had a decent replacement for cox by now.

Agreed................forgeting all the fannying around a new striker should have been first on the list.......theres lots of strikers about...good ones cost money so we should flash abit of cash cos if Paynter gets injured tomorow its going to be a right state...no other football  club in the country would be going into the first game with just one striker....weve all applauded the good things the club has done.............but this is just plain stupid.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:05:15 »

I want us to sign a decent striker more than anyone and I'm up there with the best at having a whinge and worried/concerned etc...but really can we all please just stop our fucking moaning....or at least save it til sept if we aint got one in and haven't won a game....keep the faith in Wilson and Fitton, they aint let us down yet have they
Rich Pullen

« Reply #84 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:06:33 »

I'm no pessimist jimbob but last season was a bit of a let down was it not?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:07:54 »

Ok, some have gone on a bit. But going into a league season with only one senior striker at the club is a bit poor really and IMO is a justified criticism.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:10:51 »

Yes but that was due to Malpas, which Fitton has admitted was a mistake. If we'd been under Wilson all of last season we'd have finished at least mid table.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #87 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:16:15 »

We don't know that for sure and it was still a disappointing season regardless as to whether they admit it or not. Still a season of football down the old pan.

For what its worth I more than appreciate Fitton and company's tenure thus far but I'm a football fan and I'd like a good season on the pitch please Smiley
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:19:48 »

If you were looking for immediate success/miracles it was yes...re-establishing our club will take time and patience and remember this running a professional football club business was new to AF. We've got the foundations of a club that can get ourselves back in the Championship but we all know that aint gonna happen overnight...rome weren't built in a day and all that bollocks....ask Man City fans at Christmas
Rich Pullen

« Reply #89 on: Friday, August 7, 2009, 19:22:36 »

I'm playing Devils Advocate here... But it's healthy to question the board from time to time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: