Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mobile phones  (Read 3718 times)
DerbyRed

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 13:27:04 »

I just got a cheque for over £110 for mine thanks to one of those phone recycling sites. Best thing for it. Worst phone I've ever had.

The 5800 is alright though, apart from not being able to text on it with man thumbs.

iPhone should be free next month on 02. Hooray!

Glad I'm not the only one having these problems with the N95!  Mine also has the new ability for the back to randomly fall off the phone and the battery to fall out!!!  It is now held together by blu-tac (classy!)!  Got another 4 months with it before i'm eligible for an upgrade!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 14:33:24 »

I recently got my new Nokia N95, well about 5 weeks ago, love the phone, had not a minute of trouble with it at all.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 15:16:25 »

I just got a cheque for over £110 for mine thanks to one of those phone recycling sites. Best thing for it. Worst phone I've ever had.

The 5800 is alright though, apart from not being able to text on it with man thumbs.

iPhone should be free next month on 02. Hooray!

I just had a look and can get £145 for mine. With only 5 months left on my contract that's enough to sell it, pay off the contract and then get an iPhone. Hmm... decisions.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 19:21:00 »

I'm due an upgrade on Orange from now onwards. Probably going to get the HTC Touch HD. Can upgrade for free in Carphone Warehouse abelt giving myself a £45 a month bill. Still i pay nearly that much at the moment anyway.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 19:28:07 »

my phone got nicked today. Thanks for reminding me.

officially blacker than the night.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 19:55:14 »

anyone selling anything cheaply,that old brick i bought off Sam ages ago packed in?

/
W56196272
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 22:42:56 »

I've got crap old phones lying around if you just want something that works?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 22:44:16 »

people with n95 probs - is it the 8gb model (the black one)?

i've had mine for a year and not suffered a single problem with it. best phone i've ever had, shame about the shitty nokia pc suite thing
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, April 2, 2009, 22:55:16 »

Thanks axs, im sorted.

/
W56196272
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 07:30:23 »

Nope, mine was it's predecessor - the silver one. A colleague has the black one and has had none of the problems.

I just feel sorry for the poor African blighter who gets my recycled one... his WAP access will be limited by the poor battery life I can tell you.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 08:10:37 »

My mobile ended up dead when I was hilariously pushed into the pool - sent to Samsung to get fixed. Came back, worked for 3 days and now always acts as if the battery is dead.

Now, when I put the charger in, it acts as if it is charging and when I turn it on, it goes on for like 15 seconds and then the screen flashes white and it goes back to the start again. Bizarrely enough, when I take the battery out, this still happens. Surely with the battery out of the phone it shouldn't be on at all, even with the charger plugged in?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 3, 2009, 09:26:34 »

i've had mine for a year and not suffered a single problem with it. best phone i've ever had, shame about the shitty nokia pc suite thing

Yep mine is the 8gb one and not a minute of problems so far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 10:31:09 »

Mine is the old silver version which was fine for the first couple of months or so then the problems started. Downloaded all the relavent updates for it which, if anything seemed to make the phone worse! Took it back to the Orange shop in town who sent it back for repair. Came back all working fine... a few weeks later its back to how it was! The problems with the first N95 are extremely common, hence the quick replacement of it by the new model.

My advice would be too stay clear of the silver N95 no matter how cheap you can get one, they all have problems and the battery life of a butterfly.
Dazzza

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 12:21:56 »

Couple of things to try with the N95.  Change the WAP settings so it only connects when needed not when available.  No idea why this is the default setting but your battery will get a bum raping especially if your coverage is patchy.

In addition if you’re flicking between 2G and 3G coverage fire it down to 2G (GSM) only under network settings as this will again arse rape the battery as it’s performing twice the amount of work switching between networks.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 13:54:00 »

Just got a Nokia E71. Its a fucker to set the emails up!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: