Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: County Ground Redevelopment Revealed!!!!!!  (Read 33629 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 13:52:40 »

See in the programme yesterday Watkins mentioned that Frank Whittle are coming back with their initial thoughts on redeveloping the CG this week. Could be an interesting week.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 15:12:04 »

See in the programme yesterday Watkins mentioned that Frank Whittle are coming back with their initial thoughts on redeveloping the CG this week. Could be an interesting week.

I guess they are following the timescales of most large construction projects, which would mean the phase 1 submission has pretty much what the design will be. They will then go away and tweak ready for the phase 2 submission in around 3 months, the sign off and financial close should then be around about a month  after that. So end of Jan/early feb should see everthing ready to roll.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:32:59 »

Cool, so does this mean we'll get artists impressions or more accurate schematics?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:34:41 »

At worst they should have detailed architects drawings.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, September 26, 2010, 16:37:18 »

Great, should be an interesting week, lets hope for something more interesting than a standard, off the peg, souless bowl.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 08:01:44 »

It is unlikely to be a bowl as it is being done while we are still playing at the CG and we will be keeping the DR Stand, more likely a corner infill with 3 new stands and non matchday revenue generating build up outside etc, depends if an expansion onto the sports area is feasable
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 08:43:33 »

Would love to see a Deepdale style Stadium plan submitted, with potential to raise capacity by raising the current Arkells side stand in the same way the Don Rogers stand can be increased and filling in the 4 corners.

Would like to see 20,000 capacity, with scope to expand to 30,000 or so if that's possible (I can dream that one day we'll regularly need that kind of capacity can't I?  Hmmm).

Wow, exciting times at the CG continue! Roll on tomorrow evening and another 3 points...  Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 08:45:10 »

Cool, so does this mean we'll get artists impressions or more accurate schematics?
"We" might not see anything. I read the piece to mean Frank Whittle & Co would be doing a presentation to the board. Whether they'd choose to make them public at this stage is another matter
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 08:54:33 »

Are Frank whittle the developing company? I thought they were the project managers appointed, which if so would surely just mean a timeline of what can be expected when would be announced, rather than detailed plans?

It is highly possible i'm wrong though Smiley

Things get better but they never get good
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 10:34:11 »

Unless they've mis used the term, every Phase 1 submission I've been involved in has included the design drawings. As Pauld says though, we probably wont get to see them until it's all signed off.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 27, 2010, 10:40:07 by suttonred » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 12:53:28 »

As long as they come out and let us know what's going on i'm in no rush to see drawings, they've already highlighted the Deepdale project as something to draw inspiration from, never been but I've always liked the redevelopment they did there.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #56 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 13:00:27 »

As long as they come out and let us know what's going on i'm in no rush to see drawings, they've already highlighted the Deepdale project as something to draw inspiration from, never been but I've always liked the redevelopment they did there.

Deepdale is a very nice ground, it used to be a bloody run down shit hole but they have worked wonders with it.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 14:34:27 »

Found this slightly old article from June 1st, via the wonders of google. Down side is that it does quote that phase 1 is only a "business plan and financial viability study"....

http://architectnews.co.uk/fwp-to-revamp-county-ground-cms-574

Also, not sure whether to read anything into this, but FWP are working with 'FC United of Manchester' (breakway supporters group following the Glazier takeover in 2005) to build a new 3.5 million stadium for the club. Importantly though, they are only listed as project managers for the project, not architects --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Acres_Lane_Stadium

Hopefully I'm wrong though, as certainly wouldn't mind seeing some pictures!  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: Monday, September 27, 2010, 14:53:03 by luckyluke699 » Logged
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 14:39:51 »

Unless they've mis used the term, every Phase 1 submission I've been involved in has included the design drawings. As Pauld says though, we probably wont get to see them until it's all signed off.

Sutton,
what profession you in then cockle?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #59 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 14:52:01 »

If it ends up looking like Deepdale then I will be pretty happy with it, around a 23,500 capacity would be ample for our needs.

[url width=900 height=220]http://www.freewebs.com/tims92/Preston%20North%20End/Deepdale%20Panoramic%203.jpg[/url]

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: