Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59214 times)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:05:24 »

We don't have a reserves Smiley
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:06:39 »

We don't have a reserves Smiley

That was the...   Wink
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:08:55 »

Alternative view,

Couldn't agree terms or didn't like the fact that he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team place
He could hardly say "I wanted to go to Swindon", could he?

This is the thought that I had.  Earlier in the day he agreed to speak to us thinking he could significantly increase his wages but when he heard what we were wanting to offer he did a u-turn as we probably weren't going to break the bank to make him one of our top earners.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:10:07 »

Looking forward to Constable Thursday III next week although after that latest tweet hope Paolo and the board see sense and move on to a new target!

#VivaKenBarlow!
lambourn red

« Reply #259 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:11:31 »

This is the thought that I had.  Earlier in the day he agreed to speak to us thinking he could significantly increase his wages but when he heard what we were wanting to offer he did a u-turn as we probably weren't going to break the bank to make him one of our top earners.

He is a big fish in small pond at the pox whereas he would be a small fish in a big pond here, no way he would have been guaranteed a starting place in our squad
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:21:25 »

Rubbish, as I said he's not an automatic here either. And he actually went to Bournemouth and agreed a contract on a higher wage before rejecting the move, so it's not about that either. Tell yourselves whatever you want but I'll keep knocking the bollocks back at you.

Melksham, he's not our captain.

Sorry, he was though right? I'm guessing that was Wilder's decision to change captains? It just seems like for whatever reason the manager and player don't see eye to eye. In one respect it's good that the manager's being backed by his board, flipside is that Constable's a bit of a cult hero and if he gets pushed out........the replacement better work. Those kind of decisions change seasons.
He was, yep. Jake Wright is now, a centre-back. Constable was made captain to calm him down a bit, he used to get loads of yellow cards for descent but the armband made him a bit more responsible and gave him just cause to have constant dialogue with the referee!

I get the feeling that Wilder and Constable aren't exactly best mates, and you're right about any replacement.

For me OF this works if we're not your biggest rivals or in L1 (or above).

The combination of accepting a bid from us and being fellow promotion chasers is baffling. Especially if you don't need the funds or want to sell.

I've no intention if a slagging match, I'm just not as convinced by your clubs actions as you are.

I think the chairman and manager would have disregarded the rival thing and been objective about it. We don't need the money in the way that the Duke was suggesting, but we'll readily take hundreds of thousands of pounds for players. Same for the wanting to sell thing; not in the way the Duke claimed but we're also not desperate to keep him, evidently. If that all makes sense.

Seeing if he's in the squad or not this weekend would give some indication of what the future holds. Surely for you boys OF, with another striker loaned out today and potentially losing Constable, do you think the club was lining the funds up for a bid that now wont happen?

He'll be in the squad. Bench or 11. Yep Smalley has gone to Bradford on loan, we'd have definitely have been lining something up had both gone through - an imminent quality replacement would have been needed to placate our fans of course.

Who are your top 5?

1. Leven, 2. Clarke (GK), 3. Duberry, 4. Constable, 5. Davis (LB/LM)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:25:12 »

I don't care whether Cuntstable comes here or not, but the whole saga is worth it because the reaction from Poxford Fan, and on Poxford forums is comedy gold...
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:26:55 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:26:37 »

I think the chairman and manager would have disregarded the rival thing and been objective about it. We don't need the money in the way that the Duke was suggesting, but we'll readily take hundreds of thousands of pounds for players. Same for the wanting to sell thing; not in the way the Duke claimed but we're also not desperate to keep him, evidently. If that all makes sense.

Point taken but it hasn't convinced me if I'm honest. I'd feel the same way if this was the other way around.

I think I've O.D'd on this saga. I'm done.

Next....
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:27:25 »

Cant see why we want to sign him.

Fair enough he may do a job in league 2, but cant see him doing the business for us in league 1.

We need a striker with a bit of pace, as we dont seem to have that at the moment imo
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:28:48 »

So then, personal point of view from you OF. Are you glad you've kept him, or would you have preferred to see a new striker to freshen things up?
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:29:13 »

I don't care whether Cuntstable comes here or not, but the whole saga is worth it because the reaction from Poxford Fan

Oh god, is there another yellow on here making a fool of himself again?
DRS

« Reply #266 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:29:42 »

Oxford Fan could you explain why your club said this morning that after speaking to the player they agreed to let him talk to us and accepted our bid? Believe me or not but i guarantee you he was going to join but bottled it.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:30:26 »

6 weeks on Saturday until the big day...ticket announcement soon surely?

Scenario....STFC 1-0 up, Constable has a penalty in the 90th min and misses.... Smug Fuck Off

#VivaKenBarlow!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:34:12 »

Oh god, is there another yellow on here making a fool of himself again?

Fishing.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:35:28 »

So then, personal point of view from you OF. Are you glad you've kept him, or would you have preferred to see a new striker to freshen things up?

I'm more than happy with our known quantity for the time being. Getting rid of our main striker mid-season would be a big gamble. Close season is the time to overhaul, if needs be.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: