Poll
Question: so what do we think about that!!!  (Voting closed: Wednesday, February 8, 2012, 15:47:09)
love it - 35 (57.4%)
hate it - 26 (42.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: constable  (Read 59216 times)
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:43:46 »

Great entertainment!
He never wanted to come to us, it's easy for us to be short sighted but at the first mention of switching to us he re-tweeted his interview that he wouldn't come here. He'll deffo leave though and who wouldn't? There can't be that many cases of club captains that have been top scorers for their clubs for three years on the trot being so publicly ostracised by their club?
It's sensible to move on to another club instead of us and sensible for us to move on to another probably better player. My only fear is that we've now waved some cash about so how many zero's get added to any of our other potential targets?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #241 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:46:42 »

This will certainly have fucked the Scummers over more than us. We can move on to the next target and the Scummers have one hell of a fucking mess to sort out.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:49:36 »

He could be a winston bogarde.

If i was him id just sit and take the money whilst sticking two fingers up..
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:51:07 »

BBC football says he hasn't been at training for the last two days

Probably not true.

Melksham, he's not our captain.

Chalkie, he's in the squad for Saturday. The situation is the same as it was when Bournemouth came asking.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:51:51 »

This will certainly have fucked the Scummers over more than us. We can move on to the next target and the Scummers have one hell of a fucking mess to sort out.

I agree.

I'm not interested in winding there lot up but I genuinely believe that they've really let one of their guys down today.

Oxford fans were the first to criticise PDC when he originally declared his interest but Oxford have gone official and made everything a little awkward for themselves (in my opinion).

I'll be interested to see what happens next with Constable.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:52:31 »

Do want-away players turn down moves? He'd have gone to Bournemouth if he wanted out.

No but the Board wanted to sell the fans favourite. Put a price on his head as they needed funds and now they have to respond to the fans questions.
The "intention" is the key here. Willing to sell your best player to your nearest and dearest.

Strange few days at the Pox for sure. Some real bull from your Chairman for sure.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:55:25 »

Well I think this rather sorry (albeit slightly funny) episode proves once and for all that James is not a Swindon fan No

Never mind.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:57:01 »

The board don't "want to sell", but are "willing to sell" for £200k/£300k.

We don't "need funds".

He's not our best player. Top 5 probably.
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:59:25 »

Melksham, he's not our captain.

Sorry, he was though right? I'm guessing that was Wilder's decision to change captains? It just seems like for whatever reason the manager and player don't see eye to eye. In one respect it's good that the manager's being backed by his board, flipside is that Constable's a bit of a cult hero and if he gets pushed out........the replacement better work. Those kind of decisions change seasons.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 21:59:37 »

For me OF this works if we're not your biggest rivals or in L1 (or above).

The combination of accepting a bid from us and being fellow promotion chasers is baffling. Especially if you don't need the funds or want to sell.

I've no intention if a slagging match, I'm just not as convinced by your clubs actions as you are.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:00:14 »

Well I think this rather sorry (albeit slightly funny) episode proves once and for all that James is not a Swindon fan No

Never mind.

Yes he is Paolo said it. If Paolo said it must be true. Smiley Keep up R Mate Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:00:54 »

We don't "need funds".

Fans favourite and you need funds......
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:03:18 »

Seeing if he's in the squad or not this weekend would give some indication of what the future holds. Surely for you boys OF, with another striker loaned out today and potentially losing Constable, do you think the club was lining the funds up for a bid that now wont happen?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #253 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:03:30 »

We don't "need funds".

Who are your top 5? We will buy them all and stick them on the bench for Saturday Smiley
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, January 19, 2012, 22:04:32 »

Who are your top 5? We will buy them all and stick them on the bench for Saturday Smiley

Why stick them on the bench when they could be playing for the reserves?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: