Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34920 times)
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 11:57:16 »

I think Rooney has to play as he is our most natural finisher.

Am expecting Williams to have a better game tomorrow as i cant see Brentford sitting back at home.  Williams should be able to find more space. 

Be interesting to see what formation we play, as our away record recently has been awful !
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:08:22 »

Answered between your comments:

1) HOOOOOOOFBALLLLL!
Strong wind blowing toward Stratton Bank. Tried to boot it and run on to it in first half. At times played some nice passing in 2nd half.

2) Shit Officials
Wouldn't say they were that bad.

3) Kmac doesn't like substitutions
Didn't have much to bring on. Didn't agree that Rooney necessarily looked knackered, but I think I may have swapped Collins for Rooney for the last 10 mins (for a fresher threat) and then brought DeVita on for Ferry who's hammy he was trying to protect.

4) Brentford are dirty cheating cunts, it shouldn't have gone to the penalty because Douglas is a twat.
They are, but it was a clear penalty. Mass panic in the defence.

5) We played better, but not at our best. (kind of ties in with the first impression)
Not at our best because we didn't really fashion too many clear cut chances. But, when we did, we didn't take them.

6) Nobody can agree on which players were good, but Roberts can't cross for jack shit, and Luongo is being made out as the villain of the piece.
Luongo scored a great goal. He did little else in the game other than trip a player in the penalty box by diving in with 6 secs of the game remaining when the ball was running away to the right of the 6 yard box and other defenders around.

On a side note, is there any way I can see the game? Sky Go Catch Up On Demand Player or whatever they call it?
Don't know.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:09:26 »

Williams does seem to play better away from home to be fair. Id like to see a 4-4-2 but i think it will be 4-5-1 again. It didnt do us any harm yesterday.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:23:49 »

Ta NMH. RE:Penalty, it does sound from description like it was a clear one, I was talking about how the build up play apparently should have been stopped two or three times due to fouls committed.

I really don't understand waiting till the last ten minutes to swap out a player who you're trying to keep fit though. Not using all the availiable subs when we have a game on Monday seems almost masochistic to me too. Obviously we don't have many central midfield options with Ferry being bubble-wrapped, Navarro having just come back after injury, and Tommy Miller's legs having gone, but there's still Luke Rooney, Collins, De Vita (and I suppose Storey) on the bench who could have come on and given some attacking players a rest, or rotated them to a different position so someone else could have come off.

I'm not a hater or anything, I think he'll be a good manager once he's had a summer with the players and building his own team instead of chucked in at the deep end with a threadbare team that is struggling to finish the season without collapsing inwardly because  of injuries, but Kmac doesn't seem to like substitutions, and that worries me slightly.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:28:14 »

Williams does seem to play better away from home to be fair. Id like to see a 4-4-2 but i think it will be 4-5-1 again. It didnt do us any harm yesterday.

I'd be happy with 4-5-1 if it meant tucking Ferry inside a bit and pushing Roberts further up with Williams playing the opposite flank.  We are struggling to get two wide players in a 4-4-2 and while Williams could be used in 4 man midfield, you'd probably only want to do that towards the end if pushing on.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:37:07 »

Not feeling all the love for Williams. I watched him a lot during the Stevenage game instead of following the ball esp when town on the attack. He just doesnt offer himself as an option/outlet. his finishing is woeful and dread to think what his shots to goals ratio is.He does posses pace but not seen it in any evidence last couple of months, his confidence is shot which is maybe why his best performances are away from the critical home fans. Personally I would play Collins and Rooney up front tomorrow and use Storey as replacement. The right side needs an overhaul as the devera/ferry combo doesnt provide anything up that flank. Player wise we are down to the bare bones and options are limited but would like to see L Rooney have a run out down that flank. He will take men on and with Roberts on the left should provide some width.What was lacking yesterday was pace on the break - gave them time to get back in numbers.

To be fair we bypassed the midfield a lot anyway Saturday playing hoofball. I know the conditions were windy but ffs play the thing on the floor. To our strengths. We moan about every other pitch up and down league one as not being conducive for playing our game yet when at home on the best ptich in the league go the aerial route. Their keeper had a near 100% collection rate for crosses and the only time we did make it count was a cut back to the edge of the box.
Spud

« Reply #306 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 12:48:40 »

We had some utter morons in the row behind yesterday. Rooney missed that first chance and was branded 'useless'.

Anyone would think that James Collins was the messiah, the way they were banging on about how he should have been starting!

Felt sorry for some Brentford fans after the game. They looked like One Direction, and we told them the best way to go to the train station without being attacked.
kerry red

« Reply #307 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 13:55:00 »

That's the problem with all seaters - especially with a ST

Stuck with whoever is around you for the whole season.

And wherever you sit there is always a bloke who knows everything about everything and is not backward in telling everybody
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 14:27:13 »

there is always a bloke who knows everything about everything and is not backward in telling everybody
Kind of like on here then.

It's All Good..............
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 14:33:45 »

The old chap and his friends who sit in the row behind us weren't there yesterday, which was slightly strange as they're all season ticket holders.  It was strange not hearing the incessant babble and moaning that comes out of his mouth and in a funny sort of way, I quite missed it.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 14:52:13 »

Kind of like on here then.

RESPECT MAH AUTHORATAH!

SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 15:30:19 »

The old chap and his friends who sit in the row behind us weren't there yesterday, which was slightly strange as they're all season ticket holders.  It was strange not hearing the incessant babble and moaning that comes out of his mouth and in a funny sort of way, I quite missed it.

I found it odd that the 2 seats next to me & the 2 in front in the DRS were empty, for the 1st time this season?  They are not ST holders seats & when I tried online to buy one for my lad they weren't available?  Strange.  Also, got told to sit down by a steward (I'm at the back), I explained that I never sit down & haven't all season, then duly sat down, because I felt sorry for the lad.  Obviously stood up as soon as he left.
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 20:12:14 »

K mac go for the throat on mon as you will get more respect from the fans for doing so.We don't do the safety first shit and make the subs earlier please in case you did not know we are allowed 3.Roberts -please tackle and don't take the extra touch prove PDc wrong about the tippy tippy.Luongo you got a great goal but mom no chance but make sure you and the whole team don't take 35mins to crunch a 50/50(flint or ward were mom)k mac don't even bother to put miles as sub if you are not prepared to use him.ferry and macca to swap please if you don't agree k mac watch the games back the fans are not stupid.

And finally JED you got abused in the tap and barrel.What really is your game mate.Saving the football family of stfc?
Answer the questions honestly can we only afford the youths hence kmac s history but be fucking honest please because we will accept the truth so long as we have a club

Finally to the playeeeeers we are so fucking proud of you so do your best as that's all we do and can ask of you
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 20:37:18 »

Embarrassed
Not feeling all the love for Williams. .... He just doesnt offer himself as an option/outlet. ..., his confidence is shot

I think you answered what is wrong with Williams. He is dangerous, and can score goals (I know, I know). But he's not offering himself or doing what he was doing simply because his confidence is down, he's gone hiding a bit to protect himself.

I still think he is our match winner.

ferry and macca to swap please if you don't agree k mac watch the games back the fans are not stupid.
==

I must be stupid. As I said earlier Ferry and Luongo in the middle, Douglas would piss himself and run the show.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 20:38:55 by Batch » Logged
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, May 5, 2013, 20:46:32 »

I respect your opinion batch but jd was invisible yesterday we know he's good at times but really it's time to go for the throat.Alway better to give it some even if we go out fighting!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: