Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paynter rejects new contract  (Read 25825 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 11:24:21 »

If it was true I would be gutted. Can't say I would blame him though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 12:42:56 »

Same thing I said about JPM.

We should be doing all we can and then some to get our better players signed up.

Paynter has been brilliant this season and was awesome last season and still people wouldn't be fussed if he left!! 

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 07:32:27 »

Paynter says the "contract rift" is bollocks

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4854545.Paynter_denies_contract_rift_rumours/

BILLY Paynter has rubbished speculation that he has turned down a new County Ground contract and insists we wants to stay at the club.

A national newspaper report has suggested Paynter - whose contract expires in the summer - could leave in the current transfer window, with Charlton and Huddersfield monitoring the situation.

The arrival of another target man in the shape of Vincent Pericard has added fuel to the fire that Danny Wilson is preparing for life without his top scorer but the 25-year-old told the Advertiser he wants to stay in Wiltshire and is waiting to receive a formal offer of a new deal from Town chairman Andrew Fitton.

Paynter said: “I’ve spoken to the chairman and he’s made it clear he wants me to stay. But he’s away at the moment so nothing has happened with regards a new contract.

“I’m more than happy to stay. I’m really enjoying it here at the moment.

“I haven’t turned down a contract and I really don’t see it being an issue.”

Paynter has flourished this season, particularly since the arrival of strike partner Charlie Austin from Poole Town.

And a flurry of goals from both men has seen their stock rise in League One.

As a result Paynter is likely to hold out for improved terms on his current deal following a switch from Southend in the summer of 2007.

He added: “All I’ll say is I feel I’ve improved as a player during the two years I’ve been here as a player and hopefully the chairman has seen that I’ve improved.”

Meanwhile fellow hotshot Austin should take his place alongside Paynter against Gillingham this afternoon after missing training this week through illness.

“Charlie’s been out for a bit this week so we’ll have to assess him before the game, but we’re hopeful he’ll be ok,” said Swindon boss Danny Wilson.

Austin has been suffering from a bout of tonsillitis but took part in Town’s training session yesterday with no adverse reaction.

“I’ve had tonsillitis for the last couple of days but I went to see the doctor and luckily it’s cleared away,” said the 20-year-old. “I trained with the guys and I feel good to go.”

I reckon Austin will start on the bench if he's been struggling with illness.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 08:01:23 »

I must admit I do like what Paynter has said. It seems genuine.

However, if he goes back on what he said...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 08:05:19 »

I must admit I do like what Paynter has said. It seems genuine.

However, if he goes back on what he said...

.....DAVE WILL UNLEASH HELL!!!!!!

It's All Good..............
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 09:29:17 »

Since when have the nationals EVER got a story right about us? They just print any old guff they get off stringers
JB_Swindon

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 13:06:18 »

I would be upset to see paynter leave as it may have an adverse affect on austin's peformances too. but i dont think wilson would be foolish enough to let him leave considering how much he has brought to the team this season.
super reds

« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 08:27:38 »

As a result Paynter is likely to hold out for improved terms on his current deal following a switch from Southend in the summer of 2007.

He added: “All I’ll say is I feel I’ve improved as a player during the two years I’ve been here as a player and hopefully the chairman has seen that I’ve improved.”

Looks like he's gonna want a bigger slice of the pie, so to speak
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 08:42:20 »

Someone said on the radio that Fitton will offer to make Paynter the highest paid player on the team.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 08:45:22 »

No chance.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 08:47:22 »

Someone said on the radio that Fitton will offer to make Paynter the highest paid player on the team.

What, someone who just phoned in? It was probably Dave.

It's All Good..............
spacey

« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 08:51:45 »

Fitton said in an interview on the wireless that the offer that they had made Paynter would make him the highest paid player at the club.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 09:11:51 »

How dare you post something informative and serious, have you forgotten your role on this forum?
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 09:15:28 »

Sounded to me on the wireless as though Paynter's agent might be playing silly buggers.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 09:23:00 »

Sounded to me on the wireless as though Paynter's agent might be playing silly buggers.

It did come accross that way to me too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: