Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 41880 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:29:03 »

Best head for Shaw Tip/Forest then

TT should just head for Montana and have done with it....

BTW see that Ian Duncan Smith has been put in charge of jobs....bit like putting Rix in charge of a girls U 15 team. I didn't even know he was still in politics.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:40:06 »

I give this 'coalition' a year and they will have to call an election as soon as someone dosen't agree with something the other partty want to do they they will be throwing their toys out the pram .

This is the closest the lib dems will ever get to power though, although to be fair to them they have managed to con themselves 5 cabinet jobs and Cleggs ego must be huge now being named Deputy PM especially if Cameron takes paternity leave and Clegg get's to run the country for a few weeks I'm sure he will be pissing his pants in excitment
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 07:41:16 »

I'd rather Clegg running the country than tory-boy Cameron.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 08:14:30 »

I give this 'coalition' a year and they will have to call an election as soon as someone dosen't agree with something the other partty want to do they they will be throwing their toys out the pram .

My guess is that this coalition will fall apart over the EU, particularly when they will have make some tough decisions for example our veto over the European Public Prosecutor oh and the small matter of the Lisbon Treaty having to be re-ratified later this year.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 08:14:46 »

TT should just head for Montana and have done with it....

BTW see that Ian Duncan Smith has been put in charge of jobs....bit like putting Rix in charge of a girls U 15 team. I didn't even know he was still in politics.

Not a good comparison Reg, you'd have to assume Rix would have some expertise in that field (as an ex-professional footballer, obviously)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 10:30:41 »

My guess is that this coalition will fall apart over the EU, particularly when they will have make some tough decisions for example our veto over the European Public Prosecutor oh and the small matter of the Lisbon Treaty having to be re-ratified later this year.

They have tried to get around potential disagreement in this area by saying all treaties have to go to a referendum, like in Ireland.
Plumstead Red
Formerly Arkells Chris

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 10:37:45 »

As a low earner, I'm very pleased that the tax threshold will be raised to £10k in the course of the next parliament (it's currently £6.4k). I imagine that anything I gain will be clawed back in other ways though (no NI cut, petrol rising, VAT potentially up, plane taxes etc).

Plus anything that helps civil liberties is a good thing.

I think this is a breath of fresh air for the political situation in the UK. If Labour had been the highest winners in terms of seats but no overall majority, I would have equally been happy with Lab-Lib.

Labour will also renew in opposition a lot quicker than people think.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 10:50:29 »

As long as they stop this pile of shit:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/fire/resilienceresponse/firecontrol/

Ill be happy if its scrapped as it means i will still have a job.

Wankers
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 16:39:47 »

forget all this conspiracy theory bollocks, all this blame placed upon brown and labour - THIS is the reason our economy is fucked

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 16:42:19 »

Are you sure that's not from the Onion?
Talk Talk

« Reply #415 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:38:03 »

Ha, ha, ha, ha. CDS traders? The arseholes who so spectacularly failed to work out their own risk that they directly caused the 08 financial meltdown?

Pah. Firstly, if there was not (inevitable) massive government debt the the CDS markets and traders would not exist. Secondly they didn't cause the crisis, it was state interference in credit, as I have said before.

Let's look at the bigger picture instead. What do governments do? They either a) fuck about with interest rates and induce boom and bust, b) continually increase their borrowing to pay for the unsustainable growth of the state machine, or, c) print money ('quantitative easing' - ha ha) and devalue everybody's income/savings through inflation. This is all true. That is all they are capable of.

Meanwhile, the bond markets we were all supposed to be so scared of when their was a hung parliament have now apparently got over their attack of the vapours and stabilised now the coalition's been announced. So which markets are right? The fact is, there is no "the markets" - there's a series of separate trading markets, all of which at any given time have an entirely different take on any given political situation, and as we saw in 08 can and do get it so badly wrong that they need bailing out by the very governments you so despise to save their sorry arses.

Those will be the very governments who 'rectify' the situations - caused by their fuck ups in the first place - with my/our taxpayers money. You can't have it both ways sunshine. Personally I would like them to fuck off and leave the markets to get on with making money and lending credit at competitive rates to entrepreneurs who need it.

The whole concept of the "Wisdom of Markets" on which the uber-freemarketeers hang their entire philosophy is utter bullshit.

No it isn't. If you look back in history at the times a really free market has been left alone (including most of pre-history) they have been successful.

There's no "Wisdom of Markets", there's a lot of stupid, greedy people chasing their next bonus, entirely unable to properly assess risk because they're so blinded by short-term profit they have no idea what's going on. And no need to. They don't need to sustain an economy, people's jobs, pensions etc all they need to do is turn a short-term profit and fuck the consequences.

You're just jealous because a load of people who are much smarter than you have found a way to make lots of money quickly while you slog away...

But governments do. And it's thanks to successive governments who've bought your The Markets Are God theology that they can take as many risks as they like, knowing us poor schmucks will bail them out when they fuck up as royally as they just did because of the governments you hate so much having to intervene to protect the rest of us who actually work for a living.

That's governments that protect the rest of us "who actually work for a living" right? Like David Cameron and Nick Clegg and Gordon Brown who have never done a proper day's work in their lives? Straight from public school through university and into politics, yes? Like most MPs who are lawyers (read 'leeches')? Like the useless fucks in the FSA? Like the head of the British Potato Council quango? It's all the same. Garbage in, garbage out - as you should know as a software person in the private sector. They are no more connected with those of us "who actually work for a living" than my dick is connected to Pamela Anderson's front bottom. They live in a bubble that excludes us.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #416 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:50:13 »

I'd rather Clegg running the country than tory-boy Cameron.

Policies aside, they're both Oxbridge educated posh-heads with a relatively short political career. Can't really see much difference.
Talk Talk

« Reply #417 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:51:46 »

Policies aside, they're both Oxbridge educated posh-heads with a relatively short political career. Can't really see much difference.

And no real world experience either.

Fuck them.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:52:30 »

About 260 seats Sie.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Thursday, May 13, 2010, 18:53:45 »

one has a big forehead and the other doesn't
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: