Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Connor Waldon  (Read 18754 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 09:43:17 »

I saw one ruled out the other day on TV. Most likely the refs don't know law 14:

Procedure
• After the players have taken positions in accordance with this Law, the
referee signals for the penalty kick to be taken
• The player taking the penalty kick must kick the ball forward
• He must not play the ball again until it has touched another player

I think it was Mooney for Leyton Orient at Tranmere.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 10:00:42 »

The commentator said the goalkeeper might have touched it.....
ta. I had no sound
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 10:26:21 »

Some cracking goals in that game.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 20:03:27 »

Talk to someone at Glos City who says that Waldon's 1st goal was even better than it looks. He deliberately started the ball several feet outside the post and curled it into the top corner.

He also said that he has only lasted 70 mins thus far and has been dead on his feet - Not used to the physicality of it all yet.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tigerroar

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 16, 2013, 21:15:02 »

Scored again today seizing on a poor backpass for us to win 1-0 at Borehamwood.
Colin Todd

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 10:20:26 »

Love the commentary
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 10:49:58 »

Connor obviously getting a better football education at City than he could ever get with us.  It's a decent loan move...for all parties.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 19:20:04 »

Connor obviously getting a better football education at City than he could ever get with us.  It's a decent loan move...for all parties.
So when he comes back and forces his way into the first team, we can sing "Ooooooh, Connor Waldron, used to play for City but he's all right now" Smiley
tigerroar

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 19:38:41 »

His goal is about five minutes in -

If you watch the whole highlights you'll see we did a proper daylight robbery job on them Wink
tigerroar

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 19:42:29 »

Yep, he's obviously quite talented. Not sure what his long term prospects are at Swindon but when I saw he was an 18 year old who'd previously got one in six at Frome Town my heart sank because we need some real nous to get us out of the shit that we're in, thankfully Connor is proving me wrong.

Not sure what he'd be doing at Swindon if he wasn't out on loan.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 22:11:07 »

Slight change of subject: is there any realistic prospect you'll be able to return to Gloucester any time soon, or are you stuck at Cheltenham/Forest Green for the forseeable future?  Given that you don't need a ground that holds thousands, seems odd that there is no site in Gloucester (a city that's not much smaller than Swindon) that you could relocate to.

I know these things don't happen overnight (and appreciate that rugby is the bigger sport in Gloucester) but it's been a number of years since you left now.  I went to your old ground a number of times.  Seems a real shame it's fallen in to disrepair.
tigerroar

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 22:20:41 »

It's a long, long process. There seem to be options, the local MP has brokered a deal with a housing firm for a plot on an old social club but the owners aren't too keen on that for their own reasons.

Work has been done and is ongoing with the EA regarding raising the land at MP which is considered a flood plain. I'm a Hempsted resident so I should be dead set against it but i'm also a City fan who is pissed off with this nomadic existence. But it takes t   i   m   e, lots of time....

I don't see us being back any time soon. We've lost a generation of support since we've been away.
tigerroar

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 23:23:18 »

We're bottom of the league and we beat top of the league Hednesford Town 5-1 today Smiley

Here is Connor's contribution -

Not sure if it was luck or judgement.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 23:34:49 »

He went for the lob into the box and sliced it,  however the bit of skill on the previous attack was worth a goal anyway..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 23:50:55 »

Lad certainly seems to have some talent. Would have no problem with him coming off the bench in games instead of El Gabas (if we wanted to release him).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: