Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Jeremy Wray answers your questions  (Read 11286 times)
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 20:20:27 »

I always thought thats why the Stratton bank wasn't redeveloped at the same time as the DRS, as the residents complained the stand was too high and would block their light.
Im probably wrong though as I was quite young when they had plans for that.

It was a combination of residents objecting to the height so there was talk of revising the height to that of the Rolex clock but mainly we ran out of cash/got relegated to what is now League One and it never happened. I'm remember that the Rovers/Briz rugby fans raised money to put a roof on the the Blackthorn terrace at the Mem. I think it was around 50K and the atmosphere there is good. Wonder if we could do something like that while re-developing the rest of the ground to keep a covered home end?

Like the Hearts stand and a mate of mine went to Hibs and they have an end stand like this

* hibs 1.bmp (801.65 KB, 604x453 - viewed 192 times.)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, April 12, 2012, 20:37:42 »

in regards to Stratton bank, we could do something similar to the East stand at Murrayfield.
[url width=516 height=387]http://moblog.net/media/p/a/h/pahtlor/murrayfield-with-the-lights-on.jpg[/url]

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
fatbasher

« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 07:10:27 »

I thought the changing rooms and what not were being switched to the DRS?

That is what was told to me by NW.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 08:05:39 »

I remember hearing this also.  In fact, I think someone once told me that the maximum angle permitted for a new stand (back in 1994, that is) was 34°, and that the DRS (or Intel, as it was then) had an angle of 33°.  All of which could be complete rubbish, I know.

That's the figures that Simon Inglis gives in his Football Grounds of Britain book

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:07:03 »

I quite like the look of Le Havre's new stadium, although it could turn out to be a soulless place like the Madjeski
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:18:02 »

I quite like the look of Le Havre's new stadium, although it could turn out to be a soulless place like the Madjeski

[url width=700 height=525]http://www.kssgroup.com/images/projects-images/Le_Havre/Le_Havre_01.jpg[/url]

[url width=900 height=600]http://www.agglo-lehavre.fr/Evenements/Grand_Stade/images/_MG_0315d.jpg[/url]

This??

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:35:45 »

What the fuck is that? It looks like a giant dinghy.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:37:53 »

What the fuck is that? It looks like a giant dinghy.

I think the blue thing on top of the glass is meant to be peeled off when the construction is finished.. Otherwise, it's just plain stupid.

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:38:45 »

Then why is it illuminated like a jellyfish in the top picture?
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:42:40 »

Huh?

slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:43:37 »

It looks like a giant hover craft?  Maybe this is the future a ground that moves???
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:47:27 »

Think the blue is Le Havre's colours...guess it's an Allianz Arena style thing...
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:52:22 »

at least it's a bit different
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 09:54:22 »

Think the blue is Le Havre's colours...guess it's an Allianz Arena style thing...

I expect you know that le Havre is the oldest football club in France, set up by Oxbridge types which accounts for why they still play in light blue and dark blue.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 13, 2012, 10:21:53 »

I expect you know that le Havre is the oldest football club in France, set up by Oxbridge types which accounts for why they still play in light blue and dark blue.

No I didn't know that...when you think about it, Dave Richrads was right.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: