Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78582 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 22:19:39 »

Yes....I think the original point from jonny72 was we dont have to sell Morrison this summer.

the counter point was, well if we dont sell him this summer than next year he will be out of contract which is where the under 24 tribunal rules kick in.

what with Morrison having only been here for what 2, 2 and a half years we wont be credited with much of his development and we wont get much money for him that.

If it was a direct choice between the two financially wise we'd be better of selling him. Of course the best solution would have been to get him to sign a long term contract last year but for whatever reason that didnt come back

well thats how i've read it anyway

No good young player will sign a long term deal now...they are advised by there agents...all clubs have people involved who are involved in SPIN..like politicians they are at the club mainly to spout rumours and counter rumours its nothing new..my dad was a pro and it happened in his time as well..in those days injuries were different and not treatable like todays..so a good player carrying a bad injury would be circulated to other clubs,they would sign him more or less unaware they were getting a dud...not many youths make the grade now with there hometown clubs...Ryan Giggs was at Man City for years before going to Man U...its all fate and luck...Crewe tried it for years,ware are they now?
Plymouth and Southampton have spent small fortunes on developing youth..look at them..is it really worth the gamble,have they benefited,maybe getting dosh in for them has kept them afloat but not braught success...ime hoping for the first time in years theres no pressure on us to sell,if we do its got to be for the right price for us.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 09:56:29 »

Do you think that you are sometimes a bit trusting of what you are told?

I've got a mate who works in an office somewhere I can't remember. He was chatting to me on msn on his blackberry one day and told me he'd spotted a bird with the most amazing tits ever, yet he refused to follow her around for a bit and get a couple of phone camera snaps because he was scared that he might get fired. I remain suspicious of the possibility that the wonderfulness of the tits was exaggerated somewhat.

Soapy Tit Wank
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 11:54:24 »

My point was actually that we won't get as screwed over by a tribunal as some people think we will and that we won't have to share that money with any other clubs (ie Plymouth). He's been with us for a few years and is likely to have played a lot of games by the time his contract is up next summer, add on us then offering a decent contract and we should do ok from a tribunal - especially if he goes to a big club.

I don't see why it should come to that though - he could have walked this summer if he wanted, by not signing a new contract. Plus with a number of clubs already interested if he does want to go we should be able to sort out a decent deal with one of them without it going to tribunal. Who knows, he might sign a longer contract over the summer?

I still think he will be bloody stupid to want to leave. The last two youth players to leave have disappeared off the map, if they'd stayed at Swindon they'd likely be 1st team regulars and playing lots of games just as Morisson will next season. He'll learn a lot more and get a lot better by playing a season or two alongside Greer.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 11:57:33 »

I think we should have a squad of two players next year and keep Cox and Morrison as those two.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 13:48:30 »

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere yet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8059535.stm

"Meanwhile, a Celtic source told BBC Scotland that, despite recent reports, the club had not made enquiries about Hearts midfielder Bruno Aguiar, Austrian striker Mark Janko, or Swindon forward Simon Cox.

Earlier on Wednesday Cox's agent, Alex Cowdy, told BBC Scotland that Celtic and Leicester City had both had offers rejected for the 22-year-old.

"Throughout the season, there have been a lot of clubs watching Simon, including Celtic," said Cowdy.

"As far as I understand, there have been two offers put to Swindon that have been rejected - an offer from Celtic and an offer from Leicester City.

"The Swindon chairman has come out in the press and said that Simon remains a Swindon player and it's going to take something special to get him away from the club and I think he values Simon at around £2.5m.

"But Simon has made no secret that he would like to play at the highest level and Celtic come into that bracket."

Cox has another year of his contract to run, but his agent believes he would score at the top level, having netted 32 times this season despite playing in a side that this season struggled to avoid relegation from England's League One. "
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 13:57:15 »

Saw that on the BBC, tagged onto a direct denial by Celtic that they had made an offer, so not sure what to believe there, i guess wait and see.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 16:27:01 »

fucking agent saying its hard to imagine how many he would have scored in a team that wasnt struggling. we were only struggling because our defence was so shit.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 16:31:29 »

How many goals did we get from midfield? Genuine question.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 16:37:54 »

Top of my head, HRK-6 OTJ-1  Timlin 1 or 2 Macca-0, Peacock-2 thats about it i think
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 16:39:27 »

Agent trying to arrange a move for Cox then?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 16:40:24 »

Well OTJ got one, Kanu got 3 or 4, Peacock a couple I think, Timlin a couple I think, JPM prob about 3 - not many more than that I don't suppose, could really do with a midfielder bagging 10 next season, Grant Smith made a real difference once he found his shooting boots in the play off season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 17:04:30 »

League only:

Kanu 4
Peackock 2
Easton 2
Timlin 2
McGovern 2
Tudur Jones 1
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 17:19:57 »

Thats fuckin awful
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 17:25:03 »

Well OTJ got one, Kanu got 3 or 4, Peacock a couple I think, Timlin a couple I think, JPM prob about 3 - not many more than that I don't suppose, could really do with a midfielder bagging 10 next season, Grant Smith made a real difference once he found his shooting boots in the play off season.

Smith didn't score 10 goals until the season after we made the play-offs. He barely featured that season actually.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 17:31:40 »

Smith didn't score 10 goals until the season after we made the play-offs. He barely featured that season actually.

Correctomundo....if Sniff had any sense, he'd have realised that Kingy had made him a player, and stayed at STFC.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: