Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 78388 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 07:26:36 »

Sounds like he is saying 2.5million for Cox which is very encouraging, I would of been quite happy at 2 million but 2.5 million would be a great deal.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 08:35:49 »

I cannot believe the cheek of Celtic £1.2m for Cox and Morrison. They got to be havin' a laugh !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:07:01 »

I cannot believe the cheek of Celtic £1.2m for Cox and Morrison. They got to be havin' a laugh !!!

Will scare those big boys from Leicester off then!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:10:36 »

As someone else said to me, we should sell Coxy and Morrison to Celtic for a combined fee of 2.5 million.

2 Million for Morrison, 500,000 for Cox. Stitch up Reading's sell on clause!!

It's All Good..............
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:11:30 »

As someone else said to me, we should sell Coxy and Morrison to Celtic for a combined fee of 2.5 million.

That's a cracking idea... i wonder if Fitton has thought of that?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:14:50 »

That would be an excellent way of making sure we never sign a player from Reading again.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:14:50 »

sod that 2.5mill for morrison and throw cox in a a freebie. a gesture of good will.
:-)
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:15:58 »

or 2.35m for Morrison and throw in Coxy for free... we'd still end up 50k better off and Reading get nothing....

Maguire11

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:17:40 »

let celtic sign cox on a freebie but they have to sign Yinka Casal for 2.5million, both parties win then.
we get rid of more deadwood and loads of cash and celtic get Cox on the cheap.

Swindon Town League 2 Champions - 2012
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:19:38 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1184354/Celtic-told-double-bid-land-Swindon-striker-Simon-Cox.html

Just to confirm what a few other TEFFERS have posted...ime begining to really warm to Mr Fitton.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:26:00 »

can someone post the content in here? Cheesy
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:26:17 »

If I were a betting man, I'd say he had...
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:27:20 »

Swap Cox for Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:39:13 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1184354/Celtic-told-double-bid-land-Swindon-striker-Simon-Cox.html

can someone post the content in here? Cheesy

Swindon Town warned Celtic they will have to double their offer to land prolific striker Simon Cox.

Sportsmail understands that the Parkhead club approached the League One side with a package worth around £1.2million for Cox, plus teenage central defender Sean Morrison.

With a raft of English Premier and Championship clubs also interested in 36-goal striker Cox, however, Swindon rejected the proposal before slapping a £2.5m price-tag on the pair.

Chairman Andrew Fitton believes Champions League football would be a fitting stage for 22-year-old Cox, in particular.
Wanted: Celtic are keen to land Swindon's prolific striker Simon Cox but have been told to double their bid if they are serious

Wanted: Celtic are keen to land Swindon's prolific striker Simon Cox but have been told to double their bid if they are serious

Adamant that he is in no rush to sell a player he signed for just £200,000 from Reading last summer, however, Fitton said: 'We value Simon at £2.5m. We have made no secret of what we think his value is.

'I'm not surprised Celtic's interest is not going away because Simon is a class player. We have had two approaches from clubs, but nothing in writing.'

More...

* Celts hit the wall: Caldwell blames negative Hibs for costly title slip
    * Kit parade: Celtic join Toon, City, Chelsea, Liverpool, United and Arsenal
    * CELTIC FC NEWS FROM ACROSS THE WEB

Celtic have yet to declare their hand on the future of Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, with PSV interested in taking the Dutchman back to his homeland, but interest in Cox suggests there will be places up for grabs irrespective of this weekend's SPL climax.

'There is interest from one club in England. But what they cannot offer the player, unlike Celtic, is European football and playing in front of crowds of 60,000,' said Fitton.

Celtic have also enquired over 19-year-old defender Morrison.

Swindon recently had a bid of around £80,000 for Celtic defender Scott Cuthbert - who is on loan at St Mirren - rejected and a swap deal for the duo remains an option.

Another Parkhead loan star Paul McGowan, meanwhile, has warned Hamilton teammate James McCarthy to think carefully before holding out for a move to his boyhood idols.
Target man: Hamilton rejected Celtic's bid for rising star James McCarthy

Target man: Hamilton rejected Celtic's bid for rising star James McCarthy

Celtic bid £500,000 for the Hamilton prospect last week and are expected to return with an increased offer after manager Gordon Strachan confirmed his interest in the player.

McGowan fears McCarthy could struggle for first-team football at Parkhead, saying: 'James is young and needs to be playing football. It certainly wouldn't be a bad thing if he stayed at Hamilton.

'I'm sure he is good enough to make it at Celtic but it can be difficult - you just have to look at what happened to Derek Riordan.'

Meanwhile, Celtic coach Neil Lennon assured worried fans last night that Scott Brown should be okay for Sunday's vital home clash with Hearts - and allayed fears that he may need surgery.

The Scotland midfielder has been struggling with an ankle injury and was substituted in the closing stages of the 0-0 draw against Hibernian at Easter Road.

But Lennon told Celtic TV: 'Scott should be ready for the weekend, but he won't do a lot this week.

'He has had an ongoing ankle problem, but he had been getting through okay, although he struggled a bit in the last 20 minutes against HIbs.

'Hopefully, after a week's rest he should be OK. I wouldn't have thought it would go as far as an operation.'

it's a bit all over the place.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:46:23 »

Swap Cox for Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink.
nah whilst at celtic JVOH has scored 34 in 74
cox is 35 in 62 (not including the loan period)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: