Pages: 1 ... 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266544 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10485 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:22:17 »

Appreciate the hopeful post Bathford. There isn't a great deal to cling to right now.

But yeah on Clem. Keeping the characters he has around the club has always been the biggest red flag for me. He has repeatedly broken trust and that is why he is getting a hard time.

Things were a lot more constructive a year or two ago.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10486 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:30:29 »

100%. Remove Zavier Austin, Adam Hart and the aggro security guy from the picture and this is a very, very different conversation and mood. We all *want* to be optimistic about the future of the club, but their presence really tests that.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:32:35 by Frigby Daser » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10487 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:36:48 »

When Clem took over he garnered a huge amount of good will for

1. Not being Lee Power
2. Being visible
3. Being affable
4. Promising transparency
5. Seemingly working closely with the Trust
6. Somehow, and I still don’t understand how, we funded a very decent squad with Garner despite being under a transfer embargo.

Since then, however, various managers and staff have left of their own accord, the playing side has got steadily worse and, apparently, we are losing money hand over fist although nobody can see or understand why.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10488 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:38:30 »

Bathford, you keep posting what I would call "nearlyisms"

You post, many times, that you sought advice on buying/investing, and the advice is to stay clear.  That really doesn't add much to the debate - any financial advisor worth their salt would tell an investor that buying STFC is a fools errand if you want to have a safe investment.  It's clearly well down the list of places to put money (apart from some less than honest ones, as shown by the recent move by the Police force to track down illegal funding).

What would help is if more context was provided - a bad investment beyond pure finances because.....

With Clem, he has shown often enough that his words are meaningless.  His promises vague - produce accounts for example, I mean come on, that's a requirement, not something to aspire to.  What we do have is actions and results of actions.

He tried to let Zav be a Vice Chair of the business, for a year, before pressure finally mounted on him not being a fit and proper person for the EFL (he didn't go to the EFL to just ask).

He let Zav go off and set-up a Visa business in Pakistan using the club as leverage.

He let convicted criminals, with offences known to be red flags for involvement in football, hang around the club or be directly involved with the club.

He has spent 7 years, or more, directly involved in the clubs interests to develop the County Ground, and doesn't even have a Master Plan yet.

He provided the budget from which we now have our worst team in our history - not just a subjective assessment, but one that league position and squad size are evidencing.

He knowingly decided not to tell anyone about selling over 20% of the club - he can say what he likes, but that was a personal decision regardless of whether or not he received poor advice.

He has employed incompetent and inexperienced people to run key projects - CEO & Ground.  neither of people he put in those positions would get the job if advertised and Hall was directly involved in the failure of a UK business he ran (despite Clem's words, his business owed around one million to creditors beyond his internal money movements).

This one I will caveat with fact I am relying on my reading of documents, but it is my opinion that Clem signed over pre emptive rights to the new shareholders in the holding co.  he says he is not sure - really?  he is that bad at business?

None of those are calling out lies, or errors, they are things he did.  None of what he has said offers any semblance of a real plan for how he intends to operate the club in the future.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10489 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 19:50:44 »

Bathford, you keep posting what I would call "nearlyisms"

You post, many times, that you sought advice on buying/investing, and the advice is to stay clear.  That really doesn't add much to the debate - any financial advisor worth their salt would tell an investor that buying STFC is a fools errand if you want to have a safe investment.  It's clearly well down the list of places to put money (apart from some less than honest ones, as shown by the recent move by the Police force to track down illegal funding).

What would help is if more context was provided - a bad investment beyond pure finances because.....

With Clem, he has shown often enough that his words are meaningless.  His promises vague - produce accounts for example, I mean come on, that's a requirement, not something to aspire to.  What we do have is actions and results of actions.

He tried to let Zav be a Vice Chair of the business, for a year, before pressure finally mounted on him not being a fit and proper person for the EFL (he didn't go to the EFL to just ask).

He let Zav go off and set-up a Visa business in Pakistan using the club as leverage.

He let convicted criminals, with offences known to be red flags for involvement in football, hang around the club or be directly involved with the club.

He has spent 7 years, or more, directly involved in the clubs interests to develop the County Ground, and doesn't even have a Master Plan yet.

He provided the budget from which we now have our worst team in our history - not just a subjective assessment, but one that league position and squad size are evidencing.

He knowingly decided not to tell anyone about selling over 20% of the club - he can say what he likes, but that was a personal decision regardless of whether or not he received poor advice.

He has employed incompetent and inexperienced people to run key projects - CEO & Ground.  neither of people he put in those positions would get the job if advertised and Hall was directly involved in the failure of a UK business he ran (despite Clem's words, his business owed around one million to creditors beyond his internal money movements).

This one I will caveat with fact I am relying on my reading of documents, but it is my opinion that Clem signed over pre emptive rights to the new shareholders in the holding co.  he says he is not sure - really?  he is that bad at business?

None of those are calling out lies, or errors, they are things he did.  None of what he has said offers any semblance of a real plan for how he intends to operate the club in the future.

Great post.

Might be a bit much to put on a leaflet @signingiiiffy but I'm sure you can borrow from this.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10490 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 20:07:43 »

@Bathford

Part of the reason some of us 'uninformed' plebs are mocking the daft cunt is because he's made his own bed - I'm sure several would agree. Unfortunately,he has to sleep in it. He can cry booboo all he wants about how 'hard it is to run a football clabb' is - he'll get no sympathy from me.

I'm sorry but your post was pretty defensive of Clem, almost verging on ''Spenceresque'' levels of ''in bed''.

If you seriously want to invest and have the backing, bring a consortium together and flush out all the shysters. Posting on here like some unofficial CEO isn't going to move anything forward. It also seems like your advisors are advising what most could see anyway - to not invest in STFC. So what is the point in you coming here to tell us this?

Many are past the point of no return with the current charlatans. And contrary to your final point. I think he is a bit stupid. You can't pretend to not know the legalities on multiple occasions, I'll tell ya that now.

Best Wishes,

An Uninformed Poster

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10491 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 20:17:41 »

Bathford just seems to simply believe Clem can turn it around. I'd wager that mainly comes from knowing the guy and his one on one charm when he isn't been interviewed. A lot seem to have fallen foul of it.

When his transgressions get listed in the cold light of day it really is quite damning.

A lot that have experienced the charm offensive don't seem to be able to understand why many of us are 'past the point of no return' but RobertT laid it out brilliantly.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #10492 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:06:26 »

Bathford just seems to simply believe Clem can turn it around. I'd wager that mainly comes from knowing the guy and his one on one charm when he isn't been interviewed. A lot seem to have fallen foul of it.

When his transgressions get listed in the cold light of day it really is quite damning.

A lot that have experienced the charm offensive don't seem to be able to understand why many of us are 'past the point of no return' but RobertT laid it out brilliantly.

All I’m saying is that he has until the end of Jan to prove us all wrong.  It will be an interesting few days. I’m just sat here on the fence playing devils advocate.

If he does, there’s going to be an awful lot of humble pie eaten on this forum. If he doesn’t, then he gets what he deserves.

All I’ve mentioned is the amount of space this has taken up without very few practical answers.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10493 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:08:15 »

All I’m saying is that he has until the end of Jan to prove us all wrong.  It will be an interesting few days. I’m just sat here on the fence playing devils advocate.

If he does, there’s going to be an awful lot of humble pie eaten on this forum. If he doesn’t, then he gets what he deserves.

All I’ve mentioned is the amount of space this has taken up without very few practical answers.

‘All I’ve mentioned is the amount of space this has taken up without very few practical answers.‘

The thread in general or your bollocks?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #10494 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:08:33 »

Bathford..
Your previous posts seem to show you are basically a good meaning person and like many long standing STFC supporters would like to see a successful future for the club.
However your latest post is way off the mark.
Morfuni is simply on a different planet to reality when he states he wants the best for the future of STFC.
He saw an opportunity to take on a business and make money in any form he can. Legal or not I suspect.
This current situation is possibly the most concerning the club has ever faced.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #10495 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:22:59 »

Do you ever wish you’d kept your big mouth shut? I do!

I guess all I’m saying is that we have been saying the same thing now for months. We’ve each identified ‘anomalies’ in his answers. Does it get us anywhere going on and on about it?

Give him a chance to prove us wrong as I’ve said. If he doesn’t, let all hell break loose.

Until then, this conversation is getting us nowhere.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10496 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:27:37 »

But what constitutes him getting it right
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10497 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:29:03 »

Do you ever wish you’d kept your big mouth shut? I do!

I guess all I’m saying is that we have been saying the same thing now for months. We’ve each identified ‘anomalies’ in his answers. Does it get us anywhere going on and on about it?

Give him a chance to prove us wrong as I’ve said. If he doesn’t, let all hell break loose.

Until then, this conversation is getting us nowhere.

There is a path forward available though, a solution.  The Trust concentrate on buying him out either fully or partially, as either a sole, primary or secondary investor.

I think i was trying to suggest that Clem has done enough by now to show what we will get.

I was also suggesting the Trust should seek people like your good self - if you won't, for whatever reason, be the primary investor, help and guide them to a goal of being the middle man for you, any maybe others.

You suggest you have the means, you suggest your advisors tell you not to.  Well, why not find an alternative solution with the Trust.  I am sure there are more than a handful of people with a "little" bit to invest who could be grouped together and support a formal bid with a registered Community Trust.  And lets be honest, while he may not say so in public, there is every chance Clem would take a deal that didn't pay off his Director loans upfront, but did guarantee repayment over time.  That way any deal can be structured so operational shortfalls can be covered initially.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #10498 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:31:00 »

Good evening,

As some of you will know, I have made my feelings clear over the current situation at the club.

I put out feelers with my friends re the possibility of buying the club and I have received guarded advice on this from advisors both from the accountancy and legal fields

These enquires were by their very wording asking for ‘soft’ advise. The answers made it clear that a more formal approach re due diligence was not required at this time.

I had, and still have my concerns.

However, let’s be fair, Clem was asked to act regarding the on field management. He did.

He was asked to take action on player recruitment. He has.

We are only on day 18 of the transfer window. There is time for further changes. He has stated that funds are available, a point reiterated by Gav.

In the interest of fair play, he has to be given the full month to make changes. We all know the last week of any transfer window is the busiest.

To be bluntly honest, snide, antagonistic remarks from uninformed individuals does no one any favours. Sarcastic remarks about his use of the term look is nothing more than pathetic reducing any constructive conversations to a farce.

‘Look’ is a commonly used term in Australia to start a sentence. I’ve found myself using it when talking to them.

Clearly we are all entitled to our own opinion, it’s the very essence of football forums. But is it constructive? I doubt it, does it help solve anything? Nope!

Clem knows full well that he is accountable for his actions on which history will be written.

It is his challenge to prove us all wrong.

If he fails, he is well aware of the consequences,  he isn’t stupid!

I know bullshit when I hear it so keep talking I'm listening.

You constantly talk about almost buying the club to the point its obvious bullshit!!

Then you put a post out that is so sucking up to Morfuni its nauseating and hilariously funny at the same time..
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10499 on: Thursday, January 18, 2024, 21:35:55 »

Also for Bathford, I am not suggesting you should spunk your money just because you have some.  But it doesn't have to be all or nothing, does it?

I don't have any funds to do much beyond a tiny investment myself.   I'd love to offer my services, even if from afar.  I've done quite well for my self in my career, I am good at what I do, but I'm "between opportunities" right now.  I'd more than happily volunteer any time and expertise I could, especially around operating efficiencies - there would be more like me.  The Trust has lost it's way, why not be the person to bring them back and use your skills to drive a new outcome?
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 699 [700] 701 702 703 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: