Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266839 times)
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8640 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 21:57:05 »

The other thing that got me, they’re mentioning Clem coming over just before Christmas to then sit down and talk with Flynn and Russell about what they need and how we do it. Are we really leaving those conversations until days before the window opens? Should we not have been having January window recruitment conversations and had a plan in place for a decent amount of time now like well structured clubs?

Instead it sounds like we’re going to sleep walk our way through that window.

Don’t get me started on the season ticket comments.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:01:32 by UTR » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8641 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:01:55 »

As far as i am aware we still have a first team recruitment manager in Les Caffrey.

Why Morfuni is taking the lead on it is beyond me
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8642 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:11:46 »

Club status confirmed : Clusterfuck
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8643 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:19:44 »

I think he's focussing on people who aren't meant to be using yoot tickets rather than the amount of yoot tickets. How many people that is and how much it'll cost to police vs the benefit is going to be interesting

They won't police it. They'll use it as an excuse to scrap u21 tickets and whatever else is being abused.

They have already eliminated or squeezed family tickets massively compared to the power regime.

If we are losing 1.2m a year then yeah, where the fuck is the money going? Power didn't loose that much
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8644 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:20:35 »

Yeah, you fucking freeloading Season Ticket holders, you're holding us back!  I mean, aside from not asking for refunds for the season you didn't get to see any games, apart from that, you are Leaches!

I got about 25 mins in before stopping - he's just a dick.  If he has any input into the day to day running of the business we are truly fucked.

They've gone after trying to place blame on concession tickets before.  I imagine the "free" tickets he is talking about are the ones they give to schools.  Fucking sponging school kids.

What is Gerald Ratner up to these days, he'd do a better job than this chap.

I liked the Carlisle accounts question, obviously, but his answer gives us everything - he basically knows jack shit, less than your average fan on the street can muster with a few minutes and google at their hands.  I'd love to get sight of the detailed accounts - 8m+ in expenditure would be an amazing achievement, beyond anything we have ever spent as a club in a season.  The biscuits in the boardroom must be gold coated because there is fuck all evidence anywhere else of that kind of spend.  And don't forget that is just the trading costs, it doesn't include anything spent on capital investments (which I presume are actually zero anyway), which wouldn't hit the P&L.

God help us all.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8645 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:22:57 »

I mean, seriously, I am free come January and I am not being at all egotistical in stating publicly that I reckon I could do a better job.  I can certainly provide a level of detail on an 8m Opex budget far in advance of what he seems able to achieve rather than just throwing out some Ledger names and trying to say it's all very complicated.  It's a fucking small business!  I'll even do it for less than I was earning.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:25:00 by RobertT » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8646 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:24:05 »

Yeah, you fucking freeloading Season Ticket holders, you're holding us back!  I mean, aside from not asking for refunds for the season you didn't get to see any games, apart from that, you are Leaches!

I got about 25 mins in before stopping - he's just a dick.  If he has any input into the day to day running of the business we are truly fucked.

They've gone after trying to place blame on concession tickets before.  I imagine the "free" tickets he is talking about are the ones they give to schools.  Fucking sponging school kids.

What is Gerald Ratner up to these days, he'd do a better job than this chap.

I liked the Carlisle accounts question, obviously, but his answer gives us everything - he basically knows jack shit, less than your average fan on the street can muster with a few minutes and google at their hands.  I'd love to get sight of the detailed accounts - 8m+ in expenditure would be an amazing achievement, beyond anything we have ever spent as a club in a season.  The biscuits in the boardroom must be gold coated because there is fuck all evidence anywhere else of that kind of spend.  And don't forget that is just the trading costs, it doesn't include anything spent on capital investments (which I presume are actually zero anyway), which wouldn't hit the P&L.

God help us all.

I know someone who’s dad lost his job during covid and rung the club numerous times asking for his ST refund. Club said someone would get back to him.

They never did.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #8647 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:35:48 »

Would Standing be a genuine possibility of a new owner? If yes, is he just another in the long line of chancers?

Hope not and until the legacy of all these connected Chancers are out of sight then we may start to believe we have a football club again.
Honestly sick of it.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #8648 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:36:25 »

I was told on good authority that last year the playing budget was £2.3m, this year it is £1.6m.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8649 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:41:49 »

Clem will not be getting more money out of me  Smug Fuck Off
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #8650 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:51:14 »

I honestly cannot believe that I just saw someone on FB defending that interview.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #8651 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:54:32 »

I suspect the £8m expenditure includes repaying the £3m debenture in the way they lump all spending into a single figure.

Talk about sucking the momentum, after an uptick in form, out of everyone and getting the fans riled up again.

Surely you come out and say very little, some nice things about support is important and try and keep the fans onside?. Bizarre.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8652 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:54:48 »

Just remembered the league one within 3 years bit. Christ
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8653 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:56:48 »

The £8.2m costs figure seems quite high, just had a look at Salford (last year spent £6.6m), Carlisle (last year spent £4.6m) and would be a c30% increase on the previous year, when we spent £6.4m
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8654 on: Monday, December 4, 2023, 22:57:43 »

I suspect the £8m expenditure includes repaying the £3m debenture in the way they lump all spending into a single figure.

Talk about sucking the momentum, after an uptick in form, out of everyone and getting the fans riled up again.

Surely you come out and say very little, some nice things about support is important and try and keep the fans onside?. Bizarre.

It shouldn't include that, as that was a loan to the club, which wouldn't be on the P&L
Pages: 1 ... 574 575 576 [577] 578 579 580 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: