Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266697 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4680 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 09:40:59 »

the scoreboard operator/software got confused from the start of the second half.

we let it run as per new rules in first up to 49.

then it stayed at 45 for 15 in the second.

then they reset/started it at 63 minutes

then it went dark

scoreboard out!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4681 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 10:48:21 »

I think it reset the team too  Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4682 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 10:51:03 »

the scoreboard operator/software got confused from the start of the second half.

we let it run as per new rules in first up to 49.

then it stayed at 45 for 15 in the second.

then they reset/started it at 63 minutes

then it went dark

scoreboard out!

Slightly related but watching on iFollow the clocked stopped at 45:00….so still none the wiser of how much of the added time we had got through
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #4683 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 11:02:52 »

At Peterborough on Tuesday the clock stopped at 45/90 mins and then an added time clock appeared on the screen instead
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4684 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 11:07:51 »

Slightly related but watching on iFollow the clocked stopped at 45:00….so still none the wiser of how much of the added time we had got through
The clock stopped on 45:00 but the added time carried on displaying to the right side of the 45:00, the game ended on exactly 08:00 on that clock IIRC.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4685 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 11:15:59 »

Edit: Shit, I thought you meant the club clock while watching on ifollow, but you  meant the DOG
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4686 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 13:15:03 »

Don't really see the point of scoreboards (fuck me if you don't know the score you probably shouldn't be there) and clocks (unless they are going to stop and start the clock as in Rugby again see little point of an in ground one).
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4687 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:23:24 »

Which just adds further mockery to the 'added time' element. It's been done to the death but why football doesn't just use the simple method of stopping their watches/scoreboards/clocks etc when there is any form of stoppage/time wasting/sub/ball out of play/players generally being gamesmanship like dicks and it'll end the farce of needing to employ some bloke to hold a hecking board up.

Plus, the minutes added formation has been/is always open to a form of manipulation. We've all been there when there has been lots of stoppages and all subs used but the board says 3mins. Other times there has been next to no stoppages and a couple of subs but the board says 6mins; aka 'Fergie Time'.

But football won't really change in that regard. Taken them an age to introduce technology and even then the cunts have to moan about it. Funny though, because you don't really see other sports complaining EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND about the technology used.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #4688 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:26:44 »

Don't really see the point of scoreboards (fuck me if you don't know the score you probably shouldn't be there) and clocks (unless they are going to stop and start the clock as in Rugby again see little point of an in ground one).
Genuinely needed it for the play-off semi against Sheffield United.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4689 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:30:28 »

Which just adds further mockery to the 'added time' element. It's been done to the death but why football doesn't just use the simple method of stopping their watches/scoreboards/clocks etc when there is any form of stoppage/time wasting/sub/ball out of play/players generally being gamesmanship like dicks and it'll end the farce of needing to employ some bloke to hold a hecking board up.

Plus, the minutes added formation has been/is always open to a form of manipulation. We've all been there when there has been lots of stoppages and all subs used but the board says 3mins. Other times there has been next to no stoppages and a couple of subs but the board says 6mins; aka 'Fergie Time'.

But football won't really change in that regard. Taken them an age to introduce technology and even then the cunts have to moan about it. Funny though, because you don't really see other sports complaining EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND about the technology used.

Historically, football always resisted such moves (like external timekeeping) because it was clinging to the notion that the game should be almost identical, no mater the level.  So kids playing on a Saturday morning on the park should experience the same game as professionals in the top division, in terms of rules.

That's utterly fucked since the inception and use of VAR anyway, so why bother clinging to it?  I agree, we should just outsource the time management at the levels that can cope with that now.  Clearly at Sunday league level you may struggle to get the extra officials, but it's a mockery in this day and age that we can't just have a clear and concise time management system for the professional leagues.  I also have no issue with the amount they are adding on - players are a bit like kids, they need very clear rules to obey to change behaviours.  This yellow card for running at the ref is another good one.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #4690 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:37:55 »

Historically, football always resisted such moves (like external timekeeping) because it was clinging to the notion that the game should be almost identical, no mater the level.  So kids playing on a Saturday morning on the park should experience the same game as professionals in the top division, in terms of rules.

That's utterly fucked since the inception and use of VAR anyway, so why bother clinging to it?  I agree, we should just outsource the time management at the levels that can cope with that now.  Clearly at Sunday league level you may struggle to get the extra officials, but it's a mockery in this day and age that we can't just have a clear and concise time management system for the professional leagues.  I also have no issue with the amount they are adding on - players are a bit like kids, they need very clear rules to obey to change behaviours.  This yellow card for running at the ref is another good one.

The enforcement of the rules is one of the reasons I'm excited about the new season. Too often the shithousers win out at our level. It stirred the soul to see the ref booking the two Crewe dissenters early on, and I have no issue with the GKs getting yellows either.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4691 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:56:37 »

I was listening to the Brighton - Luton match on Saturday afternoon whilst I was on my bike, there was much debate about this, I may of misheard but they also suggested that if a player has to go off for treatment they have to be off for a set period of time (might have been 30 secs?) after the game restarts before the fourth official lets them back on.

Frankly managers moaning about this can feck right off, stop cheating and there will be much less injury time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4692 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:59:39 »

Let's follow Rugby Union and let play continue whilst the trainer comes on the pitch. Obviously if it's then deemed a really serious injury play gets stopped.

It's like all the bollocks at corners which has crept in where players have to have the ball right on the edge of the quadrant because they feel it gives them an advantage in getting the ball into the 18 yard box.

Talking about yards isn't about time the football pitch was realigned and cahanged to meters....now there's one for the future!
« Last Edit: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:05:42 by Jimmy StoppedMoaning » Logged

So, give no fucks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #4693 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:06:39 »

I was listening to the Brighton - Luton match on Saturday afternoon whilst I was on my bike, there was much debate about this, I may of misheard but they also suggested that if a player has to go off for treatment they have to be off for a set period of time (might have been 30 secs?) after the game restarts before the fourth official lets them back on.

Frankly managers moaning about this can feck right off, stop cheating and there will be much less injury time.

I did note a bunch of fans, ours, not understanding this rule change on Saturday.  There was much gnashing of teeth heard on commentary when one of our players had to stay off the pitch for the 30 seconds.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #4694 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:08:59 »

Not sure if a lot of the crowd were aware of the new 30 second rule on Saturday judging by the baying going on when Wakeling left the pitch having received treatment.

Still, only one pitch entry by the physio on Saturday and good to see that the Crewe players managed to get through unscathed this time.

Those who would like a stop clock timing system to be introduced, would that be with a view to ensuring 90 mins of ball in play or would there have to be a compromise at say 60 minutes?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: