Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morris Dancing  (Read 39547 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Thursday, April 27, 2023, 22:51:55 »

I’m not sure travel arrangements for Crewe away in a dead rubber should really be a pressing concern for Mr. 4 wins in 17.

I appreciate it’s literally two lines of a pre match presser and has likely been blown out of proportion but it’s about time he shut the fuck up and put all his efforts into winning football matches rather than moaning.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 06:52:13 »

Its okay because Clem (who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth) wants Premier League thinking from all at the club.  Huh?

Sadly needed a piss at HT on Tuesday, the urinals in the DRS dont look like theyve been cleaned all season... the club are running such a frugal ship were reluctant to splash out on a bottle of bleach it would appear... buy your STs though.
Absolutely, it's almost like he's gone into hiding. I'm surprised it hasn't drawn a lot more comments than what it has to be honest...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:21:06 »

He was over for 3 or 4 months. As far as I saw said nearly fuck all to the fans.

if he doesn't like that side, he did a good job hiding it while trying to get hold of the club. No pint pulling or van driving this year. No phone calls pleading with season ticket holders.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:26:14 »

He was over for 3 or 4 months. As far as I saw said nearly fuck all to the fans.

if he doesn't like that side, he did a good job hiding it while trying to get hold of the club. No pint pulling or van driving this year. No phone calls pleading with season ticket holders.

I actually had a chat with him in the Arkells after the Stockport game and he was very friendly and engaging and asked what I thought of the Morris appointment, which he seemed excited about. Definitely didn’t seem like he was trying to stay low and move fast.

I thought as soon as we were mathematically out of it this season there would be a statement of disappointment from the club saying how next year would be different etc to gee up the season ticket sales. The silence is a bit odd. If Clem doesn’t want to, which seems odd given his past endeavours, then Angus should be on a charm offensive.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:30:00 »

I’m not sure travel arrangements for Crewe away in a dead rubber should really be a pressing concern for Mr. 4 wins in 17.

I appreciate it’s literally two lines of a pre match presser and has likely been blown out of proportion but it’s about time he shut the fuck up and put all his efforts into winning football matches rather than moaning.

Perhaps our promotion budget for next season is going to come from savings like these.

Also not playing Charlie Austin so we haven't got to pay any of his goal bonus is an equally useful saving.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:35:21 »

I think in isolation, saving a couple grand on hotel stay for a dead rubber isn’t the worse thing in the world

It’s not an act that is in isolation though, it’s the latest in a line of penny pinching and lack of seriousness at being a professional operation

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:42:12 »

I think in isolation, saving a couple grand on hotel stay for a dead rubber isn’t the worse thing in the world

It’s not an act that is in isolation though, it’s the latest in a line of penny pinching and lack of seriousness at being a professional operation

As Morris said, this was decided before he arrived. Perhaps he has insisted on it changing going forward as part of his deal with the club?

In the absence of funds to sort out a proper training ground, relatively low cost 'marginal gains' like these must be worth making if we are serious about doing anything next year.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:45:29 »

Perhaps our promotion budget for next season is going to come from savings like these.

Also not playing Charlie Austin so we haven't got to pay any of his goal bonus is an equally useful saving.
Aah, that's why he missed that sitter Tuesday. Selfless

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 07:52:29 »

To be fair though, the decision that could have been made before Morris got here could have been “we will not stay overnight for games if we are out of the play off race” rather than “there is no way in hell we are staying overnight in Crewe regardless”

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 08:01:52 »

To be fair though, the decision that could have been made before Morris got here could have been “we will not stay overnight for games if we are out of the play off race” rather than “there is no way in hell we are staying overnight in Crewe regardless”

Context is really important here as you say. We're analysing a statement made in a press conference that presumably was taken verbatim.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 08:36:43 »

Absolutely this. Corners seem to be being cut everywhere which is worrying.  No

I couldnt care less if they had to cycle to this game its a post season friendly, i just hope that if there was something riding on it that they would be going about it properly.
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 08:48:41 »

The team stayed overnight in Liverpool against Tranmere.

We came across the team bus in the docklands the day before
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 08:54:57 »

To be fair what is the point spending more when we have nothing to play for. I'd rather save the money here and invest it next year. It's penny pinching but to me seems like good business on this occasion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 09:02:19 »

You are 100% right in what you say in that it's a pointless game and therefore who cares.

Where does the line stop though?

Lets go on the piss this week, we aren't going up or down for example.

Its just about setting the standards, and if Morris is to be believed this decision was made before he came - while we were still in the playoff mix.  Not to say it wouldn't have been overturned if something had been riding on it though, as Dave said.

But at the end of the day the club seems to have many many problems right now, and this is well down the list of problems.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Friday, April 28, 2023, 09:04:21 »

The team stayed overnight in Liverpool against Tranmere.

We came across the team bus in the docklands the day before

Angry fans dumped it there?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: