Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury Town v Swindon Town matchday thread  (Read 22581 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:24:59 »

Correct.

Nice.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Hunk

« Reply #376 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:32:03 »

For somebody young like JS ignoring social media and the inevitable negative comments altogether must be very tricky, but if he can, he should. Even if he has a thick skin it will surely impact him, and that cannot possibly be good. I cant imagine how disheartening it must be. Hope he keeps his chin up and keeps plugging away, he's clearly a good player
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:35:08 »

Those giving him the most abuse today will be jizzing all over him on Tuesday night.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:50:12 »

Dear dear, you have to be in a position to make and create a chance, to miss a chance ... irrespective of the outcome the WHOLE Team played to win, in another time he gets a hatrick, the 3rd goal was a combination of several players including Jonny.

Yes he missed some, Yes he made some wrong decisions and Yes it will happen again, at 23 he is still learning but one thing Jonny is is 100% behind Swindon .

Let's see at the end of the season where he sits Goal wise....
I don’t disagree, he has pace and skill but my point was that he can’t do it by himself. There was one move where he was given the ball in space in the box with Pitman free in the six yard box waiting for a simple square pass. Instead Jonny Smith cut back on to his left foot and lost the ball.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 18:52:07 »

Thanks  Clap, its nice to see realistic replies from proper fans , the minority just don't realise that the majority of players do actually read social media which just didn't happen in my day and they are only human , he will learn and even Hunty said as he come off "finishing" someone's getting tonked shortly..... Cheesy

Nice to have you here, Rapid. Most on here are realistic, so you'll possibly get a better view of what Town fans think and why they think it than on twitter (or Facebook). Best advice I can give is get your lad off Twitter if you can (at his age probably impossible!!).

Hopefully, he'll get to hear Town fans in full voice one day.  I miss the away games, so much.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:03:26 »

Please pass on our apologises to him. He clearly has huge talent. But he's young so he's learning every game.  Let's face it, if he was the finished article he wouldn't be with us.

Keep learning, keep pushing and ignore the idiots.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:13:14 »

The big question for Sheridan is - can he tighten up the defence without losing the one thing we are quite good at - getting forward. It’s easier to prevent a goal than score one.

I’m convinced there are 4 worse teams than us in this league - God help them.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:16:44 »

I don’t disagree, he has pace and skill but my point was that he can’t do it by himself. There was one move where he was given the ball in space in the box with Pitman free in the six yard box waiting for a simple square pass. Instead Jonny Smith cut back on to his left foot and lost the ball.

I actually agree with you over the pass that should have gone to Pitman , he did actually tell me that on the phone as he got caught between cutting inside or passing to Brett and took his eye off the ball. The Shrewsbury right back was from AFC Bournemouth and he had him a few times. He couldn't believe the Goalkeeper stopped his shot when put through late in the 2nd half , great hand strength and on any other day it bursts the net, just didn't happen today.... Onward....👍
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:18:29 »

How's his fitness now as he had a slight groin strain during the week?

So, give no fucks
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:30:38 »

It's quite refreshing to get the perspective of a relative.

I remember Andy Nicholas' dad or uncle (or both?) used to post on here. Can't think of any others.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 19:33:09 »

It's quite refreshing to get the perspective of a relative.

I remember Andy Nicholas' dad or uncle (or both?) used to post on here. Can't think of any others.

Wasnt that santini?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:15:12 »

Wasnt that santini?
Yep.
Rapidflyer

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:16:32 »

How's his fitness now as he had a slight groin strain during the week?

Hi Jimmy,

He has just arrived home, tired legs otherwise fine , looking forward to Tuesday ....

Just hope the advertiser doesn't ask him for any sort of interview anytime soon ... Cheesy Cheesy Smug Fuck Off
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:20:38 »

Hi Jimmy,

He has just arrived home, tired legs otherwise fine , looking forward to Tuesday ....

Just hope the advertiser doesn't ask him for any sort of interview anytime soon ... Cheesy Cheesy Smug Fuck Off

Don't worry about the Adver their stories are always days behind!
Let's hope he stays positive and his goals will come😁

So, give no fucks
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, November 14, 2020, 20:35:32 »

Those giving him the most abuse today will be jizzing all over him on Tuesday night.
Don't think bukakke parties are COVID compliant. Add to others' comments, Johnny Smith is clearly a very good creative player with a bright future. Show me a player that never makes a mistake and I'll show you a player with zero creativity who isn't trying hard enough.

Overall, we look good going forwards, but neither side could defend to save their lives. If we can cut out the defensive errors we've got enough in this side to be OK. And that's about the best we can hope for from this season really.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: