Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cricket  (Read 4778 times)
j1mmy

« on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:32:58 »

Why is everyone pretending to be obessed all of a sudden?

It was just like the rugby people will jump on the bandwagon and then people will know nothing of it. Johhny Wilkinson was a five minute fling (no pun intended) and that Flintoff will be the same.

People are even wearing cricket shirts  :shock:
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:34:45 »

:boring:
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:35:04 »

Nothing wrong with that.  Persoanlly I have always been a big cricket fan but it is great more people are getting interested.  It can only be a good thing.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
land_of_bo

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:36:46 »

I've been playing cricket for the last 2 years so not pretending to be obsessed, not everyone is a band-waggoner (is that a word?!?!?)

People are just getting behind their country, nowt wrong with that, it's good people are interested. And also probably cos the cricket is on channel 4 at the mo so your average joe who don't have sky can watch it and get involved.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:50:35 »

If you look through the townend archives you'll notice that cricket has been a topic of conversation for a long time.

Hardly anyone on here has jumped on the bandwagon (Sussex has - he loves it now), all of us who chat about it have always chatted about it.

Anyhow, you're trying to get on the townend bandwagon, there's nothing wrong with that - it's a wagon filled with joy.  Similarly there is also nothing wrong with other people jumping on the cricket bandwagon ( though I like to consider it a juggernaught at the moment), if people are enjoying it then fair enough.

I for one have always been more a fan of watching cricket than rugby though.
Spud

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:03:59 »

Ive been a big Cricket fan since day one, weve had alot of crap teams over the past and now weve got one of the best sides ever.
Sussex

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:34:26 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Hardly anyone on here has jumped on the bandwagon (Sussex has - he loves it now)

It's only temporary, I'm jumping straight back off after the 5th test Cheesy
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:37:06 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
Hardly anyone on here has jumped on the bandwagon (Sussex has - he loves it now)

It's only temporary, I'm jumping straight back off after the 5th test Cheesy

Into the backseat of a car in a busy carpark?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:17:15 »

I feel sorry for the people who have only just woken up to how good the English cricket team are,they have missed out on some great times in the past couple of years.They don't just play cricket well they are also a fantastic bunch of chaps who ,regardless of if we win the ashes or not,deserve all the attention they are getting right now.It is our summer game and its great to see all the kids down the park playing it.Personally i find the obsession with football[Swindon apart],very dull and unhealthy.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:22:02 »

Totally agree with that.  More people should embrace more sports.  I love all sports from Football to beach volleyball  Wink  But seriously most of the time of prefer all these other sports to football because the atmosphere and general feeling is much better.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:22:06 »

Football is just more accessable to the masses, and much easier to understand than cricket to new sports fans.

Cricket is like beer - you have to acquire a taste for it, and want to.  Football is like orange juice, instantly likable.
land_of_bo

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:25:54 »

Football is just more accessable to the masses, and much easier to understand than cricket to new sports fans.

Cricket is like beer - you have to acquire a taste for it, and want to.  Football is like orange juice, instantly likable.

unless its sunny d!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:31:11 »

Yeah, that stuff's horrid!

I was struggling to come up with a decent annalogy for football, after the spot-on cricket one.  OJ just beat Diet Coke to the plate (or glass I suppose :? ).
land_of_bo

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:34:53 »

Diet Coke is proper rank - I hate the taste of sweetener.

Perhaps;

Football is like a kebab, dirty - and great after a few beers!
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 15:36:54 »

Not bad.  I can't drink fat Coke these days - it's like syrup. :?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: