Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Grimsby Matchday Thread  (Read 34494 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:37:21 »

Had a chat with Boy About Town re the ref. Apparently he was being sick while unconscious (correct me if I’m wrong bud). That was horrific, when he went down I felt it was a ‘Di Canio pushing the ref’ type moment but it quickly became apparent it was bad. Hope he is ok
To be honest, I was a bit concerned that none of the players put him in the recovery position - especially if he was being sick! They just waved their arms for others to come on. If he was lay on his back vomiting, he could have choked to death!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:41:09 »

No news on Adeloye, Reed and Roberts. They just weren't in the squad
I think that quote is more than a big hint they will be moving on

Probably best to quote this precisely how it was said for everyone to get the context:

Hawes asked a question about Gladwin, referencing the fact that he was injured. Gunning answered the question fully by confirming that he was and that Gladwin would be back in training this week or next. The next question was:

Hawes: 'What is the news on Adeloye, Reed and Roberts?'
Gunning: 'There is no news. They weren't in the squad.'

I read into that the same as others - Reed leaving and the other 2 going out on loan.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 17:48:28 »

I’d forgotten what it feels like to leave the CG with a smile on my face - what a difference from the shite we’ve endured this season to date.

I’m tempted to make the trip to Walsall now - I’d like to think we’ll take c.1000, surely?
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:02:01 »

To be honest, I was a bit concerned that none of the players put him in the recovery position - especially if he was being sick! They just waved their arms for others to come on. If he was lay on his back vomiting, he could have choked to death!

That didn’t sit right with me either. I felt like everyone was a bit blasé, kicking the ball around while he was prone. Felt like an age for someone ‘official’ to turn up on the pitch
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:07:04 »

Probably best to quote this precisely how it was said for everyone to get the context:

Hawes asked a question about Gladwin, referencing the fact that he was injured. Gunning answered the question fully by confirming that he was and that Gladwin would be back in training this week or next. The next question was:

Hawes: 'What is the news on Adeloye, Reed and Roberts?'
Gunning: 'There is no news. They weren't in the squad.'

I read into that the same as others - Reed leaving and the other 2 going out on loan.

Cheers and all will unfold over the coming days

So, give no fucks
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:21:04 »

Enjoyed that.

Wasn’t sure what to expect from today but seeing the line up before walking down to the CG did put an extra spring in my step. I wouldn’t have expected a line up like that from Lindsey, so it was most welcome.

It wasn’t exactly shackles off football in that first 20 mins but with 3 forwards and Williams on the pitch in an advanced position, guess what? we were actually making a fair few chances!

Great to see Austin getting his goal. As soon as I saw him trying to sniff out that early chance where he ended up barging the keeper, I was relaxed, knowing he still had “it”. The bit of movement/bending of the run whilst the ball is in the air to free himself from the defender, you don’t see many League two strikers doing that.

Won’t be getting too excited after the sending off essentially handing us the game, but nice to see some good performances all over the pitch. Bit gutted for RHM not to get his goal, could see he really wanted one and was trying too hard at times.

Basically just glad SL is no longer there stinking the place out. It feels like a very long time since we’ve come back from a game bouncing from a positive performance and experience.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:32:24 »

RHM was an absolute nuisance for Grimsby whilst he was on the pitch, even if he wasn’t particularly good (if that makes sense)
Hopefully he’s still a bit rusty and better / quicker decisions will come game time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:37:24 »

Were there any slow posseion moments or messing around at the back or is that a distant memory now Lindsey has gone.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:44:00 »

Can’t say there was much pointless pissing about. A few hairy moments mainly because we lacked numbers in midfield at times.

Difference in entertainment was immense.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:44:49 »

Were there any slow posseion moments or messing around at the back or is that a distant memory now Lindsey has gone.

We obviously still passed it around at the back and even more so against 10 because the space was there.

However, it felt a lot more like passing it around to stretch Grimsby to move it forward when the opportunity arose.

Hard to describe but like we were looking to go forward and went sideways / backwards if there wasn’t anything on. We weren’t afraid to go over the top and try and play it into space instead of feet either.

It never felt like we were playing it around at the back purely for sake of keeping possession with no plans to go forward.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:46:37 »

gtfi yes!!

the tempo was notably better and the whole team just. looked like a team.

theres going to be a good few people eating some words this season about certain players.
khan was unreal and is like a young gladwin with pace.

took an age to get the 2nd goal and you just always feel uncomforable due to it being swindon. then the goals flowed, all the subs made an impact.

darcy for williams- as it should be and never together. good finish from him.

austin on the end of hutton cross is hopefully something that we see a lot more of.

Austin didn't do much today but everything he did he did well. pass completion from him was so good, and it was just the simple stuff he did all day. it really did suprise me that he wasn't the number 9 focal point, at times he did the rooney-esk older striker role and just sat behind the pacey RHM and wakeling. a lot deeper than i imagined.

the season starts again. the table looks so much better and the goal difference might be very important. to any potential manager that watched today you would be feeling quite desperate for the opportunity to manage them.  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:51:35 »

It’s almost as if it might’ve been an idea to start Lavinier ahead of Iandolo

We started 4231 with Iandolo with Khan in the 2.
Not a position Lavinier could have played in.
We changed formation at half time and went to 352 - so Iandolo was at left wing back and eventually went off.

So definitely don’t think Lavinier should have started ahead of Iandolo. Could argue he should have come on at HT when the formation change was made
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:51:47 »

We obviously still passed it around at the back and even more so against 10 because the space was there.

However, it felt a lot more like passing it around to stretch Grimsby to move it forward when the opportunity arose.

Hard to describe but like we were looking to go forward and went sideways / backwards if there wasn’t anything on. We weren’t afraid to go over the top and try and play it into space instead of feet either.

It never felt like we were playing it around at the back purely for sake of keeping possession with no plans to go forward.

Cheers Div
It goes to show that Lindsey's ideas were the problem if two stand in coaches can have such an impact after only a few days on the training ground with players.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:52:50 »

Can’t say there was much pointless pissing about. A few hairy moments mainly because we lacked numbers in midfield at times.

Difference in entertainment was immense.

It's not often the forum is this positive after winning!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, January 14, 2023, 18:53:41 »

gtfi yes!!

the tempo was notably better and the whole team just. looked like a team.

theres going to be a good few people eating some words this season about certain players.
khan was unreal and is like a young gladwin with pace.

took an age to get the 2nd goal and you just always feel uncomforable due to it being swindon. then the goals flowed, all the subs made an impact.

darcy for williams- as it should be and never together. good finish from him.

austin on the end of hutton cross is hopefully something that we see a lot more of.

Austin didn't do much today but everything he did he did well. pass completion from him was so good, and it was just the simple stuff he did all day. it really did suprise me that he wasn't the number 9 focal point, at times he did the rooney-esk older striker role and just sat behind the pacey RHM and wakeling. a lot deeper than i imagined.

the season starts again. the table looks so much better and the goal difference might be very important. to any potential manager that watched today you would be feeling quite desperate for the opportunity to manage them.  

Plus 20 games to go

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: