Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Garner Out  (Read 19797 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:39:15 »

We won't be relegated this season, and I think that's remarkable considering the situation back in July.

Results might be a bit shit at the moment, but Garner needs time.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 19:57:07 »

I find this particular threat distasteful and loath the conversations within. Imagine if the paying customers of YOUR business openly discussed YOUR performance on a public forum and called for you to be sacked?

That said this is the normal now for football at all levels, still repugnant and I’m not going to comment either way on Garner personally.

What I am prepared to say on the matter is this. We do not have the finances to buy our way to promotion in the league, I doubt we’d be able do it in league one if we manage a minor miracle and get promoted. We will have to seek out the free agents, cast offs of other clubs and loans from higher clubs, (no disrespect to our players intended, they are where they are otherwise they’d be in a higher league with a contract or even the PL). On the subject of loans which has been mentioned, to attract the cream of what is available to us in league two we IMHO have to play a certain way, hoofball, route one and anything like a lot clubs in our league currently do is not an option.

I see BG, BC, Clem and Aberdeen having a vision on what they want to do and how to do it. Sadly on our budget we have not been able to get the quality of players to do that. We will, just maybe not this season. FGR are not Brazil, MC, PSG or anything like that, after all we beat them away, only one of two teams to beat them I may add. What they are is consistent, a decent team for sure but consistent with what they do and how they do it. For us this season in some ways we have over achieved possibly, possibly not, personally I think we have certainly in some of the performances. There is something special going on at the CG, though maybe this season is not going to be one of those socks off seasons. Forget the ‘where we were’ supporters, we can put that to rest now. FFS we know where we were and we know where we are. Another mid season rebuild on top of and exceptionally brutal rebuild from the pyre ashes of the Pee Lower era.

Please don’t descend into the gutter on calling for BG head, not warranted, not one bit, for to do so you lump him into the pit with the likes of Sheridan, you think that’s fair? I fucking don’t. If the powers that be have faith in him then so do I. Even if I didn’t I wouldn’t air dirty laundry on someone’s job and lively hood on a forum. And some of you fucking have the cheek to ridicule the FB supporters..

Get a grip people, get a fucking grip. Please 🙄

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:01:50 »

Why would the club ownership change? They’ve only just come in!

Depends on who you define as the “owners” of the club.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:02:39 »

Depends on who you define as the “owners” of the club.

So are you suggesting it isn’t Clem/Axis?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:03:04 »

We won't be relegated this season, and I think that's remarkable considering the situation back in July.

Results might be a bit shit at the moment, but Garner needs time.

Agree we are not going down, far from it.
This season was always a free hit.
Nothing is going to change this we’ve all got to stick with it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:07:11 »

So I take it L-L you have never left a review or commented on the good or bad of a meal at a restaurant, a hotel, a tradesperson and so on as to whether or not they provided a good service or VFM?

Maybe you've never used TripAdvisor/TrustPilot or similar but I bet my bottom dollar you have publicly told other folk if a service you had paid for was utter shit.

People in private and public sector roles get judged by paying customers ALL the time for THEIR performance and yes this might even sometimes result in some people saying a certain member of staff should be sacked.

Football hasn't got some godlike protection. Get a grip Legends-Lounge, get a fucking grip. Please  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:11:37 »

So are you suggesting it isn’t Clem/Axis?

The legacy of Power and Standing needs settling.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:17:47 »

Indeed. Ghosts linger and incredibly so at Town...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
china red

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:29:26 »

So I take it L-L you have never left a review or commented on the good or bad of a meal at a restaurant, a hotel, a tradesperson and so on as to whether or not they provided a good service or VFM?

Maybe you've never used TripAdvisor/TrustPilot or similar but I bet my bottom dollar you have publicly told other folk if a service you had paid for was utter shit.

People in private and public sector roles get judged by paying customers ALL the time for THEIR performance and yes this might even sometimes result in some people saying a certain member of staff should be sacked.

Football hasn't got some godlike protection. Get a grip Legends-Lounge, get a fucking grip. Please  Roll Eyes

Possibly the most sensible thing you’ve written on here
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:46:25 »

I find this particular threat distasteful and loath the conversations within. Imagine if the paying customers of YOUR business openly discussed YOUR performance on a public forum and called for you to be sacked?

That said this is the normal now for football at all levels, still repugnant and I’m not going to comment either way on Garner personally.

What I am prepared to say on the matter is this. We do not have the finances to buy our way to promotion in the league, I doubt we’d be able do it in league one if we manage a minor miracle and get promoted. We will have to seek out the free agents, cast offs of other clubs and loans from higher clubs, (no disrespect to our players intended, they are where they are otherwise they’d be in a higher league with a contract or even the PL). On the subject of loans which has been mentioned, to attract the cream of what is available to us in league two we IMHO have to play a certain way, hoofball, route one and anything like a lot clubs in our league currently do is not an option.

I see BG, BC, Clem and Aberdeen having a vision on what they want to do and how to do it. Sadly on our budget we have not been able to get the quality of players to do that. We will, just maybe not this season. FGR are not Brazil, MC, PSG or anything like that, after all we beat them away, only one of two teams to beat them I may add. What they are is consistent, a decent team for sure but consistent with what they do and how they do it. For us this season in some ways we have over achieved possibly, possibly not, personally I think we have certainly in some of the performances. There is something special going on at the CG, though maybe this season is not going to be one of those socks off seasons. Forget the ‘where we were’ supporters, we can put that to rest now. FFS we know where we were and we know where we are. Another mid season rebuild on top of and exceptionally brutal rebuild from the pyre ashes of the Pee Lower era.

Please don’t descend into the gutter on calling for BG head, not warranted, not one bit, for to do so you lump him into the pit with the likes of Sheridan, you think that’s fair? I fucking don’t. If the powers that be have faith in him then so do I. Even if I didn’t I wouldn’t air dirty laundry on someone’s job and lively hood on a forum. And some of you fucking have the cheek to ridicule the FB supporters..

Get a grip people, get a fucking grip. Please 🙄

Nobody is throwing him in the Sheridan bucket. It’s not so binary that he is beyond criticism. He’s won 3 from 14. If we’re aren’t asking questions after that, then what do we aspire to? And as for resources, Sutton are chasing promotion - so with what we have, he can and should be doing better. It’s overly simplistic to make him immune from criticism because of what has happened over the last couple of years.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 20:53:15 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Crackity Jones

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:15:12 »

Garner out? Seriously? Have a fucking word with yourselves.

We are 8th in the league; not 8 points adrift. This is despite having half a dozen or so first team players a couple of weeks before the season started, no coaching staff and no proper pre-season.

On top of that we are working within a transfer embargo that limits what we can bring in. One hand is tied until that, EFL punishment and ownership issues are sorted.

We had a shit January with 3 top quality loan players recalled including one of our top goalscorers. So we have had to replace 25% or so of the side and are having to rebuild - the side needs to gel again.

Garner isn't the one setting the tone of young players we develop to sell or loans from higher league clubs that we will develop. That comes from Clem/Rob.

Yes we have been shit at home. It's fucking painful to watch at times.  Equally we have been pretty stellar away by and large.

Garner may turn out not to be the answer, but in my book he at least needs a fair crack at the whip. That isn't sacking him because we have dropped out of the play offs  If you get rid of Garner, whoever you bring in will be dealt the same shit hand. Would they fare any better?

The objective this season was survival.  We are way over that.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:19:10 »

Garner out? Seriously? Have a fucking word with yourselves.

We are 8th in the league; not 8 points adrift. This is despite having half a dozen or so first team players a couple of weeks before the season started, no coaching staff and no proper pre-season.

On top of that we are working within a transfer embargo that limits what we can bring in. One hand is tied until that, EFL punishment and ownership issues are sorted.

We had a shit January with 3 top quality loan players recalled including one of our top goalscorers. So we have had to replace 25% or so of the side and are having to rebuild - the side needs to gel again.

Garner isn't the one setting the tone of young players we develop to sell or loans from higher league clubs that we will develop. That comes from Clem/Rob.

Yes we have been shit at home. It's fucking painful to watch at times.  Equally we have been pretty stellar away by and large.

Garner may turn out not to be the answer, but in my book he at least needs a fair crack at the whip. That isn't sacking him because we have dropped out of the play offs  If you get rid of Garner, whoever you bring in will be dealt the same shit hand. Would they fare any better?

The objective this season was survival.  We are way over that.

All very well and good, but 3 home wins from 14 games is terrible. The worry is crowds/ST sales will drop off as to be honest the football at home with the exception of a couple of games has been like watching paint dry.

Garner has no idea on tactics, game management- he gets exposed game after game now that teams have sussed us out. The writing has been on the wall at home all season but 6 months in he has either chosen not too/done nothing about it
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:22:43 »

And Austin’s true involvement….
Crackity Jones

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:25:38 »

Why do you choose to ignore the other half of the season we have played - the away games?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:25:47 »

I think no at the moment.As someone pointed out you get no more points for home wins. Can't think of anyone who we could possibly have got who would have us higher up the table with the hand he's been dealt.After today I'd be tempted to stick Tomlinson,who I've been told can play right or left, as a right wb and recall Iandolo on the left
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 5, 2022, 21:28:51 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: