Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544684 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3465 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:10:21 »

From Jonny Leighfield at the Adver:

EFL contact tells me he is asking about an update this morning RE Morfuni approval but that Town fans shouldn't be worried as it's just a case of properly completing the process. As far as asking for a timelime goes, I'm unlikely to know as the EFL doesn't comment on that. #STFC
I have heard something very similar over the weekend.

As for gambling, I have never gambled or bet on anything, its a mugs game and you never come out on top in the long run, I have several mates that gamble heavily and yes they win some but lose far more.

I don't even do the lottery.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3466 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:11:43 »

Today is the day i reckon
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #3467 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:28:37 »

I remember as a kid there was a guy in the Working Mens Club who used to play the fruit machines most of the night, , I recall one evening where he left to go to the cashpoint to get out more money to keep playing, and someone else won the jackpot whilst he was away.
Flashheart

« Reply #3468 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:32:07 »

I once worked with some Irish bloke in a pub who knew how to game the machines. He wasn't allowed to play them himself but would still tell me which buttons to push when nobody else was around. I often ended up going home with pockets full of coins.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3469 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:36:39 »

Quote from: Posh Red
I remember as a kid there was a guy in the Working Mens Club who used to play the fruit machines most of the night, , I recall one evening where he left to go to the cashpoint to get out more money to keep playing, and someone else won the jackpot whilst he was away.

had a football teammate a bit like that. he was only young.

in the end he ended up giving his pounds to another teammate instead who would 'pay up' every now and again.

I think he eventually broke the gambling link, even if it sounds bonkers
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3470 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:37:26 »

I once worked with some Irish bloke in a pub who knew how to game the machines. He wasn't allowed to play them himself but would still tell me which buttons to push when nobody else was around. I often ended up going home with pockets full of coins.
We used to solder pound coins onto copper wire when we were younger and go in to flickers and come out loaded
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3471 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:38:14 »

My mum worked in a few arcades with her cousin Charile Edwards, of Edwards fairs (and Becky Godden-Edwards) fame.

There were several one arm bandit games in which if you press the "hold buttons" in a specific order and then cancelled them they always paid out the jackpot.

That was about 30 years ago but I think some are still around like that.

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3472 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:45:58 »

Sorry to tell you Fruit machines are just basically a micro processor with set% of wins loses and jackpots and all other random results... But end of the day they return what ever %  they are set too.
Sad but true. Bit like every lottery.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3473 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:46:23 »

Mate of mine at Uni would sit there and watch the fruit machines in the pub, then after a few had played he would normally ask us all for a few quid and invariably we would get back more than you gave him.

Just a question of watching them for the cycles he seemed to suggest.

I have a bet on the horses most weeks (watching ITV racing on a Saturday afternoon has become quite the habit to do together for myself and the missus each week(, my 50p E/W bets are never going to change the world, put £20 in 18 months back and still not had to charge account since.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3474 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:50:31 »

My mum worked in a few arcades with her cousin Charile Edwards, of Edwards fairs (and Becky Godden-Edwards) fame.

There were several one arm bandit games in which if you press the "hold buttons" in a specific order and then cancelled them they always paid out the jackpot.

That was about 30 years ago but I think some are still around like that.

I can remember an Edwards from the fair at school maybe by the name of Jane

So, give no fucks
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3475 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:54:45 »

I think the only proven winner was an American who travelled from state to stated buying thousand's of tickets in local lotteries
That said finally he got caught and was charged by some petty law... May be not completely correct.😎
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3476 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:58:06 »

Checking the adver site constantly. Anyone who works with the trust have any further updates?!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3477 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:59:16 »

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #3478 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 10:59:39 »

Or BBC Wilts journalism department

So, give no fucks
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3479 on: Monday, July 19, 2021, 11:08:36 »

Or BBC Wilts journalism department

Perhaps Hodgetts can enlighten us from where he resides - deep within the Power camp?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: