Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The We're Not Playing Matchday Thread  (Read 20553 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:20:54 »

There's a recent article about this on the net somewhere, I'll see if I can find it for you.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:23:53 »

Here you go:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/21/arsenal?gusrc=rss&feed=football

Interesting point about transfer fees... if they sold Fabregas for £100m, then £40m goes to the treasury!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #167 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:25:45 »

Cheers fella will have a look
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:26:59 »

you sure about that michael? i dont know for sure but dont reckon arsenal pay as much as man u in wages.
and they certainly aint on a par in transfer fees paid.wenger has sold for millions and balances the books superbly.he's a chairmans dream

You're right about transfer fees, but my point was that Arsenal don't do what they do on the cheap.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:28:53 by michael » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:31:05 »

Mourinho agrees with you, whilst being mischievous:

"Arsenal are a unique team: their coach hasn't won for years, but he's an idol."

Us special think alike. As you know from sitting next to me I know all there is to know about football:)

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:31:49 »

cheers michael for that.
on a par could be in many different areas though.ie total gross wages.top earners.i dont know but guess they aint gonna be far apart on either i expect.
arsenal are bringing players through now though and have some awesome prospects.who have utd brought through since the scholes,beckham,giggs,butt,neville era?
they buy now and have done for a few years.chelsea and man city i think will dominate the prem purely because of the money they will throw at it from now until fuck knows when?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 20:35:26 »

The Chelsea / Man City set-up is just not sustainable though, whereas Arsenal's very much is.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 23:47:44 »

how anyone can call Wenger over rated is beyond me.

When he took over 12 years ago Arsenal were really going nowhere. the George Graham era had well and truly ended, rioch was in charge and they were only just in and around the top six. a bit like Villa now i guess.

But David Dein goes out and gets some ex-monaco manager working in Japan and he makes them into a record-breaking, league winning side and one of Europe's most technically able teams to boot.

He does spend money, for sure he does. i mean he spent 5million on a 17 year old in the summer. it was just because he failed to get alonso because liverpool failed to get barry on deadline day that people think he never spends. of course he's not in the market for £40 million strikers and the like and why would he? the likes of Nicklas Bendtner have the potential to be miles better than the Pavlyuchenkos of this world etc. Adebayor was cheap in todays climate but after just a couple of seasons his value has trebled. it's simple.

the last time he spoke about a 'long term' policy they ended up going the season unbeaten. cant see why he's still doubted to be honest.

officially blacker than the night.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, October 5, 2008, 08:39:36 »

Interesting score in the Scots FA cup 1st round

Banks O'Dee 10-0 Fort William!

It's a bit up in the air at Craggan Park at the moment...apparently some American fella is using the Fort for a reality TV show...From Worst to First.  His plan is to fly in American college kid players...

Which may explain, this thrashing. They did get a draw the week before though, only a late equaliser by Wick Academy, preventing a win.

I'm surprised Wick has an academy, when I was there it seemed to consist of a station and some sheep.

Why can't we attract some quality TV, rather than the Orange One...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: