Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62443 times)
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 09:49:06 »

Sandro might have been part of the interview panel and Sandro might have had say.
There is no chance in hell he was given carte blanche  to hire a manager in the summer.
Not having that one.

I would like to think this would be the case.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:17:37 »

Hughton is a no. Talks broke down
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:21:29 »

From that Twitter box. - as always no idea as to the extent of ITK status of the poster.

Chris Hughton turned the job down last night , couldn’t agree terms . Wanted to change 99% the staff at the club , certain people at the club put a stop to it , shame as it’s what’s needed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:22:03 »

Quote from: singingiiiffy

what a massive shock
ROKERITE

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:50:46 »

A lucky escape for Swindon Town.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:53:45 »

Hughton always seemed like a strange fit, but it's a bit of a worry that managers keep meeting our hierarchy and then withdrawing their interest afterwards (if we believe it happened several times in the summer as well).
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 10:59:02 »

Would have liked a hughton/caddis combo personally so that’s a shame
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:03:52 »

Maybe the ‘model’ is a crock of shit.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:05:25 »

I'm not in full panic mode like a lot of people on here. I was desperate however to get a manager in place for Saturday though. Still got time, even if he is in the stands.

We need to get this right and turn the season round. Next year will be a Wrexham fixture and will just get harder otherwise
I JBZelieve We Will Win
JBZ reborn

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:09:02 »

I am not losing it either. It may take time to appoint the right person. That said, if my hunch is correct, I would be a little disappointed.
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:09:21 »

I wonder what Charltons expectations were after disposing of BG? I doubt Dean Holden would have been their fans first choice.

Just trying to put our current conundrum into perspective.

As been said many times before, we are crying out for a manager that can get the fans back on board with some attacking football and has the ability to engage again with the fans.

The fan engagement isn’t a mandatory requirement but would naturally happen with football that gets you out of your seat occasionally!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:22:19 »

My position on it.

At the end of the day if the next appointment is wrong, Sandro is so involved in recruitment, he'll have to go.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:31:30 »

I think the model is there, just need to acquire the glue.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 11:33:06 »

the model only works if the head coach is competent and in sync with a competent  DOF. If the model was easy, then every team would do it.

I'd like to see Sandro go and replaced with an executive with a strong football background to lead/support Clem/RA a bit in terms of football operations, long term strategy and staff recruitment - we seem really naive there..  but staying clear on  data driven models or deciding what players to buy , and of course support a good coach/manager. We need to get back to walking before running
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:05:52 »

the model only works if the head coach is competent and in sync with a competent  DOF. If the model was easy, then every team would do it.

I'd like to see Sandro go and replaced with an executive with a strong football background to lead/support Clem/RA a bit in terms of football operations, long term strategy and staff recruitment - we seem really naive there..  but staying clear on  data driven models or deciding what players to buy , and of course support a good coach/manager. We need to get back to walking before running

I might be in the minority here but I'd rather see the model that was implemented by the club be given a good period of time to (hopefully) bear fruit. I completely get the doubts about the data driven model but if that's how the hierarchy see our path then I think we need to at least let it bed in before ripping it up and going down another road.

It's only really 6 months into that journey and of course it's not perfect but there are signs that we are looking to try and implement some stability into the squad. Long contracts for talented younger players is a great sign. Unfortunately this season on the pitch has been mainly turgid, but for me that's on Scott Lindsey who despite promising attacking football through the thirds appears to have become really bogged down with possession football in the 'wrong' areas and pointless stats. (the old favourite 'box entries')

I'm willing to see what happens in January with the next manager and recruitment of players. It would be nice to see a bit of stability, across all aspects of the football club. I'd like to give Sandro and team longer. That said I didn't like his statement about development of players being more important than points on the pitch, that was tone deaf.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 11, 2023, 12:16:34 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: