Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lindsey gone  (Read 62447 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:16:32 »

Isn’t there an Advisory Board meeting this evening?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:22:40 »

Isn’t there an Advisory Board meeting this evening?

It's definitely today at some stage, (Jan Airplane man confirmed that yesterday) I suspect we are contractually/legally obliged to release our news at exactly the same time as Crawley. I was told we'd hear yesterday so not sure what the hold up is, but it will be going ahead.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:32:27 »

Adver have just started a live blog FWIW.

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23240574.swindon-town-latest-head-coach-situation-scott-lindsey-nears-exit/

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:39:14 »

The rate they are updating that blog the new manager could have resigned before they get round to writing anything on it!

It wouldn't be good for the club, but it would be funny as fuck if the announcement today was that Lindsey had signed a new contract!!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 12:58:46 »

Okay so Lindsey's departure is going to get confirmed today it looks like. Chances on a replacement being named in reasonable time? We need to strengthen the team and being crippled across another transfer window is going to do us no favours at all.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:01:51 »

It wouldn't be good for the club, but it would be funny as fuck if the announcement today was that Lindsey had signed a new contract!!

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:05:36 »

From the blog thingy!

WHERE IT STARTED

Last Thursday (Jan 5) at 3:43pm, football journalist Pete O'Rourke sent shockwaves around the town of Swindon after announcing on Twitter that Swindon Town head coach Scott Lindsey had left the club.

I can confirm that said shockwaves did not stretch to Cumbria. all I felt was a resigned shrug and a tedious feeling of deja vu...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:12:55 »

From the blog thingy!

WHERE IT STARTED

Last Thursday (Jan 5) at 3:43pm, football journalist Pete O'Rourke sent shockwaves around the town of Swindon after announcing on Twitter that Swindon Town head coach Scott Lindsey had left the club.

I can confirm that said shockwaves did not stretch to Cumbria. all I felt was a resigned shrug and a tedious feeling of deja vu...

By shockwaves he means me doing a little happy dance and trying to keep the caps on my beer bottles during dry January.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:31:00 »

At least it shouldn't be long, hence the blog I suppose:

"JL: I am reasonably confident something will emerge this afternoon. And it needs to. "
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:32:17 »

JL: I'd expect Jamie Day and Gav Gunning to at least be offered the chance to follow Lindsey. Lindsey's aid Carl Laraman is likely to leave Swindon no matter what too.

I would imagine Mildenhall will remain as STFC GK coach.

Must admit Laraman's prescence had completely eluded me, sounds like some sort of emotional support dog. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23066310.swindon-town-bring-ex-arsenal-charlton-athletic-coach-carl-laraman-aid/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:34:44 by horlock07 » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:53:00 »

Need a clear out. No remnants of Lindsey’s henchmen.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 13:58:10 »

Who is Carl Laraman - that's a name I have not heard
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 14:00:11 »

JL: I'd expect Jamie Day and Gav Gunning to at least be offered the chance to follow Lindsey. Lindsey's aid Carl Laraman is likely to leave Swindon no matter what too.

I would imagine Mildenhall will remain as STFC GK coach.

Must admit Laraman's prescence had completely eluded me, sounds like some sort of emotional support dog. https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23066310.swindon-town-bring-ex-arsenal-charlton-athletic-coach-carl-laraman-aid/

Following a lengthy spell in South London with the Addicks, Laraman spent over a decade in various roles at the Gunners before being suspended in 2018 amid allegations of bullying by academy players.

Sounds about right for the current/outgoing coaching setup
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 14:11:03 »

This comment and with Sheridans obvious  bully behavior
How do we expectsuccess for STFC
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Tuesday, January 10, 2023, 14:20:03 »

Following a lengthy spell in South London with the Addicks, Laraman spent over a decade in various roles at the Gunners before being suspended in 2018 amid allegations of bullying by academy players.

Sounds about right for the current/outgoing coaching setup

This comment and with Sheridans obvious  bully behavior
How do we expectsuccess for STFC

TBF the next line of the story says 'Nothing was ever proven one way or the other,'
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53   Go Up
Print
Jump to: