Pages: 1 ... 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280304 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10980 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:50:43 »

The question really has to be. where did Kiely come from?  Clem probably knows nobody and sounds pretty ill informed whenever he talks about the club.  It's unlikely, in my mind, that he had scoured the backrooms of the football world and identified Kiely as an up and coming Data/Recruitment wizard.  The fact Kiely later ends up owning shares and lending money, would suggest someone else - because he doesn't exactly have the background that leads you to thinking millionaire.  A pretty crap football career, a company that exists to rent out a property and another in horse racing.  He's too young and unknown in that world (relatively speaking) to have made much that way.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10981 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 12:53:03 »

His dad was a Premier League footballer for a decade, there'll be a bit of money around the family.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10982 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:07:18 »

His dad was a Premier League footballer for a decade, there'll be a bit of money around the family.

I'm not sure he'd have earned a fortune though - I am sure he could be part of how Chris was brought in, through contacts, but of whom?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10983 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:09:25 »

Am I prepared to believe that Dean Kiely/family has millions of pounds lying around? And could I believe that he'd be ready to pump a lot of money into a football club that your son may or may not have significant interests in?

I am not.

Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10984 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:26:40 »

Kiely hasn't pumped money in though has he? He's issued a secured loan on credit terms we don't know.

If the implication is that the money is someone else's, it's not really clear why Michael Standing would be significantly richer. There seem to be a lot of people involved who are very well off but hardly on a Black/Arbib level.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10985 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:30:09 »

Kiely hasn't pumped money in though has he? He's issued a secured loan on credit terms we don't know.

If the implication is that the money is someone else's, it's not really clear why Michael Standing would be significantly richer. There seem to be a lot of people involved who are very well off but hardly on a Black/Arbib level.

I'm not suggesting the who - just that Chris Kiely's arrival, and then "investment" seems a bit left field.  It really doesn't matter, it's ultimately responsible for the player churn and lack of backbone in the squad, regardless of how he got here.  It was more that the Garner interview got me wondering about the why - given the season had gone about as well as anyone would have expected.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10986 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 13:45:40 »

It was more that the Garner interview got me wondering about the why - given the season had gone about as well as anyone would have expected.

Its exactly that for me as well. Clem has come in, the only footballing person he knew at that point was Chorley, and Chorley with Garner performed pretty well during that first season given conditions.

Chorley it was said left for personal reasons.

Listening to Garner, and from other rumours over time, its more likely Chorley left because of changes the club was about to make. So why the hell did the club decide what Chorley and Garner had done wasn't good enough, and why was Kiely (his data model) and Sandro identified as an improvement by Clem. It just doesn't seem very likely that it was to me.

As Sam M has said on recent LSPOD, he really needs to try and uncover Kiely and get to the bottom of that to understand whats going on at the club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10987 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 16:41:37 »

From what i heard Chorley didnt get on with Zav Austin. Make of that what you will.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10988 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 16:55:51 »

I’m intrigued to know how Garner has suddenly reappeared to tell his side of the story as to why he left and how he was offered the opportunity to comment on a live Swindon Town Town match as he didn’t exactly leave on great terms. Maybe the plot is thickening😁

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10989 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 17:10:13 »

Obviously, the perceived wisdom is that he walked at the first opportunity. Seemingly pointing the finger at Clem changing direction, it seems unlikely Clem would ask him back.

If I continue to have trouble sleeping maybe I’d think about having him back - not!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #10990 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 17:24:47 »

Under the circumstances Garner worked near miracles in that season, but he walked at the first sniff of a new job and he never ingratiated himself to fans with his dour pre/post match talks, he was the epitomy of dull.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10991 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 17:32:58 »

Which is baffling why he’s taking an interest in STFC again.

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10992 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 17:51:13 »

Which is baffling why he’s taking an interest in STFC again.

Maybe because he’s getting paid to do it?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10993 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 18:00:12 »

Maybe because he’s getting paid to do it?

By who BBC Wilts😁

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #10994 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 18:08:59 »

From what i heard Chorley didnt get on with Zav Austin. Make of that what you will.

Correct.
Pages: 1 ... 730 731 732 [733] 734 735 736 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: