Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280300 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7635 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 17:59:48 »

Rob Angus and Greg Norman going were pretty clear harbingers...

That the Clem Cultists can't see any of this terrifies me. The Facebook group... wow. The "Great statement from Clem" brigade.

I'm understand people who say "I've seen it all, don't care, what will be will be, I just enjoy it" but the proper Clem nutters are scary.

I find it quite unsettling that these people actually exist. I bet half these people have fallen for Nigerian Prince email scams before.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7636 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:04:06 »

I’m taking Clem at face value here, seeing as, to date, he has done exactly what he said he would do.

When you tot up all the income streams - dramatically increased with Clem taking over - I’d be fairly certain the club is more than self sufficient. What could propel us up the leagues even faster is a good cup run. Lincoln’s fortunes have been on the up off the back of 2 such runs.

Saying that, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us crash and burn tomorrow. As per.
Me and my big, prophetic mouth
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #7637 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:05:25 »

What can we do about it? We’ve no say on who, or if, the club is sold to.
Yeah, nothing. Except watch it get passed to the next goon.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #7638 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:13:57 »

So what is the latest with the catering? Last I heard was a legal dispute pending, with us now keeping all of the revenue from our kiosk sales? Is that no longer the case?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7639 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:43:35 »

So what is the latest with the catering? Last I heard was a legal dispute pending, with us now keeping all of the revenue from our kiosk sales? Is that no longer the case?

That it is situation - the company took over a Winding-up petition against the club, hence "legal dispute".  It seems almost certain we will end-up owing them money, just a question of how much.  Clem just seems to have used this crutch to lean on for why we had an accounting error, I mean cash flow bump, I mean didn't pay some people....
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7640 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:47:59 »

I wonder why he felt he could just tear up the contract in the first place...?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7641 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:48:34 »

I find it quite unsettling that these people actually exist. I bet half these people have fallen for Nigerian Prince email scams before.

Fuck. Are you saying Cathy didn't kindly leave me $67 million dollars in her will?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #7642 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:50:17 »

That it is situation - the company took over a Winding-up petition against the club, hence "legal dispute".  It seems almost certain we will end-up owing them money, just a question of how much.  Clem just seems to have used this crutch to lean on for why we had an accounting error, I mean cash flow bump, I mean didn't pay some people....
I see. I’m clearly not alone in thinking that having a pending legal case is not the same as having a cash flow problem and if that is wha they are saying it seems like a thinly veiled fib.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7643 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 18:57:27 »

So I don't understand the 'not making money from contracts' bit. We've binned centerplate and brought in house - so surely this isn't the contract he's on about.

That we may owe them cash isn't really relevant
---++
Did anyone hear Hawes on the radio? Most of it he was unable to confirm re: wages late. Fair enough.

But, and I'm hope I'm not misrepresenting what was said, but he implied the trust haven't yet been given access to the books.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7644 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:05:34 »

So I don't understand the 'not making money from contracts' bit. We've binned centerplate and brought in house - so surely this isn't the contract he's on about.

---++
Did anyone hear Hawes on the radio? Most of it he was unable to confirm re: wages late. Fair enough.

But, and I'm hope I'm not misrepresenting what was said, but he implied the trust haven't yet been given access to the books.

Sigh.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #7645 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:07:22 »

---++

Yeah I listened to the show too and don't believe you're misrepresenting at all, that's exactly how I heard it.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #7646 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:07:56 »

They haven’t finished cooking them yet Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7647 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:09:14 »

which set Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7648 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:12:15 »

Quote from: ThreeDrawsMentality
Yeah I listened to the show too and don't believe you're misrepresenting at all, that's exactly how I heard it.

cheers.

I think it's important the Trust take their time responding over this and recent events.

we've already had a rushed statement from the club, getting into "he said she said" tit for tat isn't going to help.

But it does need a response at some point if promises are being reneged
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #7649 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:12:39 »

Is this Hawes episode available to listen again on iPlayer or similar?
Pages: 1 ... 507 508 509 [510] 511 512 513 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: