Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 65217 times)
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 22:48:39 »

Please don't hate  me  Head Hurts

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?threads/clayton-donaldson-out-for-two-months.3174/
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 22:57:22 »

‪Wellens taking our fans to task, and absolutely bang on too. So many negative fools. Every single fan should listen to that interview and take it on board.

"Six points off top and it's doom and gloom, grief from the side lines,  it's got to change".‬

I am fucking fuming tonight.

Did you actually pay money to witness that dogshit tonight? I did....

That has to be one of the worst fuckfests I have ever witnessed at the CG.

Stevenage are bottom at the end of October (not August) for a reason....because they are a fucking poor football team..fact...

We dished up a pathetic performance.  That's a fact, end of.   We got away with it big time and I went fucking mental when we scored...what a relief!

So, happy as Larry...got away with it and all that...until I hear that the manager isnt happy with some stick he gets from supporters near the dugout....Boo Hoo..

Tonight, it's a shit sandwich that's better eaten quietly...

Better own up that we were shit and got away with it, than have a dig at some fans that had the cheek to actually pay the admission fee and have a justified pop at the man that is in charge of team affairs, at a poor performance.

If he starts that shit, he will be going down the same path as Mr 'Not my fault' Cooper...

Put your hands up, state we were lucky, comment that fans weren't happy and disappointed with some of the understandable negative comments and talk about Crawley.

PLEASE PLEASE do not turn into Cooper...

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:09:16 »

But our fans are ridiculously negative, it's even something ex players have commented on. We were bang average tonight but we did deserve to win. I don't for one second doubt that Wellens reads social media, he has twitter and what not so probably reads the crap people like Kostiuk write. The clubs PR guy had to go on the Facebook group at the weekend to put them straight after they started a rumour Wellens is only part time so I'm sure that got back to Wellens and some of what he says is based on that. Some of our fans needs to be put back in their place, paying money doesn't mean you can just act like a complete fuckwit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:16:53 »

Not really much to hate on there Brigg. The first mention of Doyle on that is at around comment no.40....of about 50 comments. That tells you how much he is at the forefront of the Bantams fans mind.

Your post makes it seem like the thread is full of "Get Doyle back here in January", "We need Doyle back..." etc. Almost like one of those clickbait posts "You'll never guess how much this Wiltshire woman made with one simple trick?"   Wink

Was interesting to read that even though they have a recall option on Doyle, we would have to agree to it too. I think we've got him all season.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:20:28 »

Talking shit on social media should be water off a ducks back to anybody with a pair of bollocks....the FB threads on STFC are an embarrassment more often than not...

Bitching about comments during a quite obvious dogshit performance against bottom the league at home is another story....

Suck it up.

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:25:58 »

Talking shit on social media should be water off a ducks back to anybody with a pair of bollocks....the FB threads on STFC are an embarrassment more often than not...

Bitching about comments during a quite obvious dogshit performance against bottom the league at home is another story....

Suck it up.
Disagree, when it gets personal and people deliberately make up fake rumours that the club has to step in and address it is crossing the line. Its clear that some 'supporters' have their own agenda and actually want to undermine the club and for it to fail so they can say they were right. Wellens is probably working his ass off and to seemingly have his integrity questioned has probably proven to be the tipping point for him.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:37:23 »

That has to be one of the worst fuckfests I have ever witnessed at the CG. if that is the worst you have seen, well done for not being at many games over the last 5/6 years

Stevenage are bottom at the end of October (not August) for a reason....because they are a fucking poor football team..fact... see wellens interview

We dished up a pathetic performance. who would you say played bad? we were devoid of good decisions in good positions but were persistent in passing it round and trying to drag them out of position. the only way to get through a back 5 That's a fact, end of.your opinion   We got away with it big time we got away with a win that we deservedand I went fucking mental when we scored...what a relief!

So, happy as Larry...got away with it and all that...until I hear that the manager isnt happy with some stick he gets from supporters near the dugout....Boo Hoo..

Better own up that we were shit and got away with it, than have a dig at some fans that had the cheek to actually pay the admission fee and have a justified pop at the man that is in charge of team affairs, at a poor performance.

If he starts that shit, he will be going down the same path as Mr 'Not my fault' Cooper...

Put your hands up, state we were lucky, comment that fans weren't happy and disappointed with some of the understandable negative comments and talk about Crawley.

think you need to have that word with yourself. the moment a team sets up a deep playing 4-5-1 it represents a problem for the majority of all teams.

one question; did you listen to wellens interview in full? because reading your post i could almost guarantee that you didnt.

one thing you can't fault wellens for is his honesty in interviews. if we are shit he calls it and vice versa.

the only thing i shouted at the radio for was when he claimed that crewe won because the crowd were behind them. they won because they were a million times better than us and it was one of our most disjointed performances in many a year. to have gone to crewe and then this home game they are truely incomparable.

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:43:03 »

Nowt wrong with that tonight.
Win on a Tuesday, clean sheet, stayed patient and solved the problem of the parked bus.

We've missed Doughty and DJ is a lot livelier than Woolery.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:44:02 »

I agree to some extent with RW - Stevenage (and their brand of anti-football) deserved nothing from that game, they set up to try to protect the point they began with (0-0), with 9 men in two banks just outside their penalty area. Every time we built up bit of momentum, somebody feigned an injury and the ref was complicit in their time wasting. Their main attacking threat was the keeper booting it to the edge of our area - mind you, some of the “forward” brigade behind us in the Arkells seemed to admire it.
This type of game is tough if we don’t score early - and we need to accept that sometimes we need to grind out a 1-0 win. How many times in recent years have we lost that type of game (or got in front late on, only to concede soon afterwards - as we did v Yeovil last season)?
The pleasing things tonight were - in no particular order
1. A win and a clean sheet.
2. Some players coming back after time out got some decent game time - Fryers, Doughty.
3. Benda looks a good keeper.
4. DJ is fit and looks quick.
5. We kept our shape and passing game throughout, and sought to use the width of the pitch to get behind Stevenage  - rather than reverting to planting long hopeful balls on the heads of Cuthbert and their other 2 centre backs which is generally futile. Also some good croisés at times, but an area we need to improve on.
6. Another well taken goal from Doyle.
7. Grant was immense again.

Things to improve on
1. Passing was a bit predictable and laboured at times - too many square passes - partly necessary because there was a big gap between Doughty, Grant (who both were quite deep) and our attacking players.
2. There were times when Doughty could have run with the ball but he seems reluctant to do so.
3. Quality of crosses was poor at times - Hunt, Woolery, Isgrove and Donoghue all guilty at some point in the game.

Finally, I thought the referee had a mixed game - first half in particular he seemed to want to let the game flow. Second he got taken in by the time wasting, and how neither he nor the linesman couldn’t see that Isgrove’s cross from the right (70 odd minutes in ) was blocked by an outstretched arm remains a mystery. Stonewall penalty from our seats in the Arkells.

Three points at Crawley on Saturday and we will be looking upwards again. As RW says, we are 7th, only 4 points off the automatic promotion spots after a difficult run of games and some key injuries. It’s a long season and there are 31 games to go.

pretty much word for word my thoughts on absolutely everything.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 23:54:07 »

Fucking hell FLASH are you on your period mate?!

Stevenage may be bottom and we STILL beat them. Yet they are a very difficult team to beat. Look at their results. They have not been hammered. They have drawn a lot but they have only won once. So they get beat, because they clearly set up to DRAW matches. I'll drive it home again - so they are quite difficult to beat...or even better...to unpick. 8 teams have managed to 'unpick' them, 6 haven't and had to go away scratching their heads with a point. One team didn't even manage that, Grimsby (to be expected maybe). An even better side in Port Vale only came away with a point just last match. Vale beat form side Bradford 1-2 away tonight.

Only 2 sides in this division can boast the '2pts per game' elixir that is, promotion form. They're 1st and 2nd placed currently and respectively. Newport come close to the 2ppg as it stands.

On reflection, especially as Steves drew with Vale last match, who in turn beat Bradford. I would say tonight's win, whilst playing "shit" was an even better win than maybe some are giving credit for.  This was a great win. Imagine how many new arseholes we would have torn them if we were firing on all cylinders/fully fit squad?

I think you'll find that Exeter losing 3-1 to sCUNThorpe was a shit result. Well for them anyway.

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 00:01:56 »

Nowt wrong with that tonight.
Win on a Tuesday, clean sheet, stayed patient and solved the problem of the parked bus.

We've missed Doughty and DJ is a lot livelier than Woolery.

Indeed WB. Quite a few ghosts (see TWD thread Smiley ) put to bed tonight in TEF Folklore. Especially that elusive Tuesday night home win. Well worth the drive back from Norwich ey?

'Incessant Nonsense'

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 01:24:42 »

6 points off top, 4 points off Autos and it feels like people think the world is crashing down. We are in touching distance despite a dip in form which coincided with a number of injuries.

Also, Wellens is correct. We do have a winging moaning fanbase that is quick to jump on anything negative and blow it out of proportion. Agree with him completely.

Good result against a team that is hard to beat, only 11 conceded in 8 away games despite being bottom.

Good 3 points.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 03:49:25 »

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, and I do have to put a massive caveat in first that pretty much undermines everything I am about to say and classifies me as a cunt for doing so, but the atmosphere at games in the MLS is pretty impressive (my caveat is they do seem to have a lot of drums).  Granted the attendances are a bit higher, but they seem utterly oblivious to the game at times, taken a very Latin approach to it (next caveat, they don't tend to swear much).  Watching tonight's game I was wondering if it was just bad audio, or the insanity of Hockaday, but the game could well have been played behind closed doors.

The win was deserved, it wasn't impressive.  That about covers the actual game.

Liked the look of Jaiyesimi.  Woolery is counter attacking threat only I think.  Might be worth switching them around in the line-up.  Jaiyesimi did the one thing the game needed, he tried to take players on - when they set up like they did you have to take players out of the equation.  Passing was struggling to do that, he made players miss or have to get an extra man as they were worried about his movement.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 03:51:53 by RobertT » Logged
Panda Paws

« Reply #253 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 05:41:04 »

That has to be one of the worst fuckfests I have ever witnessed at the CG.

Stevenage are bottom at the end of October (not August) for a reason....because they are a fucking poor football team..fact...

We dished up a pathetic performance.  That's a fact, end of.   We got away with it big time and I went fucking mental when we scored...what a relief!

Ok - Let's all carry on being over negative and continue with the toxic, unsupportive atmosphere at home. That'll defo help the team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 05:58:35 »

So you don't find our play frustrating from time to time?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: