Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A new one for the hate list  (Read 3333 times)
Dazzza

« on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 12:39:24 »

To put just under part time football fans (circa International matches) has to be all of these new cricket fans.

It's worse than that Rugby fad after the world cup.

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 12:48:41 »

Cheesy I was one of those for a bit.

/
W56196272
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 13:06:20 »

Yeah when we won the Rugby-.rugby was the "new football".Now cricket is the "new rugby."In ayears time no one will give a shit about rugby OR cricket and Football will again be the "new football".Fucking hell I'm confused!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 14:24:01 »

Yep people who jump on the bandwagon are annoying.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 16:34:06 »

theres only one good use for a cricket bat and thats knee capping  :twisted:

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:11:19 »

Cricket is a top sport and the more people that get involved the better, but I am just waiting to see it back to the old ways this time next year.
Hopefully I will be proved wrong!!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:15:02 »

to be honest with you i couldn't really give a shit about football at the moment. it just seems to be so boring! i prefer rugby and cricket at the moment! im sure football will improve though! hopefully we can win a game soon!
Sussex

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:22:31 »

I tried the cricket thing and really wanted to get into it, but it's just not for me.

Is there any other sport that stops for lunch and tea?

That's quite cool  :?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:41:46 »

There were panlids playing cricket at the front of the Nationwide on saturday. A shopping trolley was the stumps!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:43:17 »

I've always had an interest in cricket, not been a massive fan or owt but I followed the SA test series over Christmas religiously, watched most of the WI series as well last summer.
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:49:22 »

I have recently taken up golf.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 19:58:31 »

I used to be really into my cricket a few years back.

I have a couple of management games, I tried out for the school cricket team....but my year didnt have enough players!!! but the year below did

My best mate, used to be really big on cricket, before he slept all day so I joined in...

The ashes has re-light my fire for it so to speak
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 14, 2005, 22:16:41 »

Admittedly a lot of the 'new fans' will fuck off but a lot will stay and more so than rugby because it's not in direct competition with football for long during the calendar year.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 07:52:38 »

Admittedly a lot of the 'new fans' will fuck off but a lot will stay and more so than rugby because it's not in direct competition with football for long during the calendar year.

I agree, hopefully the England teams performances will see the game regain its rightful place as our summer sport,and maybe we'll be able to have a break from football[although next year is a world cup year].
Also,try as i might,i can't imagine all these new fans getting up at 4.30a.m to wach us play in the sub-continent in the winter,unlike saddios like myself Smiley .

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 15, 2005, 14:23:29 »

Quote from: "larwood"

I agree, hopefully the England teams performances will see the game regain its rightful place as our summer sport,and maybe we'll be able to have a break from football[although next year is a world cup year].
Also,try as i might,i can't imagine all these new fans getting up at 4.30a.m to wach us play in the sub-continent in the winter,unlike saddios like myself Smiley .

Got to agree with that, i can remember watching us beat Pakistan at some stupid time in the morning, ive followed the England Cricket team through thick and thin and its just nice that we've finally got a side that teams are scared of. Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: