Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things that make me rage  (Read 7276 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Today at 17:12:57 »

Not sure what things like 2 ton wanker tractor or the likes has to do with it but the cycling community love to throw them out there and drivers don't get offended, take it as a term of endearment.

In BO's defence Berni, I think he was exclusively talking about the ''White Range Rover'' brigade, who seemingly have no self awareness as many of them are far too busy taking a selfie to upload to ''the gram'' and putting their teeth whitening light in their gob, to be concerned with actually driving their ''2 ton wanker tractors''  Cheesy

I'm sure there are some people that do drive White Range Rovers who are very very conscientious and aware drivers but it tends to attract a certain type of narcissist. Doesn't help when half of the cast of TOWIE, Love Island and Jordan drive one.

But yeah, I am 99% certain BO meant those types mentioned above when giving that pet name, rather than using it as a cover all for all drivers  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Today at 17:37:48 »

As with so much performative legislation and governance by the present incumbents of no.10 this is all going to come with a shed load of unintended consequences.

Firstly on insurance, those who seem to get the blood pressure raging the most are those wearing lycra, I would suspect that probably 99% of those already have insurance via a multitude of sources (be that personal insurance, membership of a club, membership of Cycling UK, British Cycling etc), what it will absolutely clobber is the bloke riding his bike to work or little Johnny riding his bike to school or wanting to go out and do tricks on his BMX with his mates.

Registration could possibly be a good idea, but considering how many thousands of un registered motors and unlicensed drivers are knocking about (estimated that over a million vehicles are driven uninsured or unlicensed daily on our roads) its just going to vastly increase the burden on a system that just doesn't work as it stand.

Thirdly its gonna lead to a hell of a lot more cyclists having camera's and reporting close passes etc, I don't ride with one now (would have been handy to have had one when the lorry driver who didn't know how long his wagon was hit me and put me on the verge, crushing my hand!) but would sure as dammit be buying one if this half arsed law comes into effect.

An ex traffic copper noted on Twitter the other day that actually if they bring this to the fore it potentially has a side effect that the drop in what would be defined as the "dangerous" charging thresholds to accommodate & make the legislation effective could then see hundreds more drivers jailed, bearing in mind that at present if you hit and kill a pedestrian on a bike (and are found to be at fault) you tend to do jail time (been two in last 12 years, both done time), motorists rarely do so if you are planning to level up the system, its gonna have to go the other way.

Long and short there are shit cyclists and shit drivers, but one are considerably more likley to injure and kill pedestrians so why are we wasting legislative time and money concentrating on the former (this is a rhetorical question, we all know why, its gets column inches inn the Mail and Telegraph and gets the party faithful's juices flowing) rather than using the existing laws better to manage the latter.
I’m impressed. You managed to get to two lines from the end before mentioning the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegraph. The therapy must be worth the investment 🤣🤣
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Today at 17:46:31 »

The term is Wankpazer
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Today at 18:38:27 »

I tend to agree with Mr Boardman:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0hyb4h7
« Last Edit: Today at 18:41:40 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Today at 19:01:55 »

But yeah, I am 99% certain BO meant those types mentioned above when giving that pet name, rather than using it as a cover all for all drivers  Wink

Bamboo, it wasn’t directed at Bob, or aimed at Bob, I just used his example to counter the offence taken at referencing Lycra in a Cycling discussion, who would have thought it. My point was that these names get banded around all of the time.  I am intelligent enough to know what Bob meant, and he is right, Bob also knows me well enough on here to know that I wasn’t having a dig at him for the name he used, I took it as a useful example because I couldn’t think of a better one, it seems that you have got offended by my use of it on his behalf, which is a bit weird.

Anyhow, I’m done with the subject now, I don’t ride a bike, I am a very good driver, and I don’t care enough about the subject to warrant this level of excitement that this discussion has raised this afternoon If only we had a decent football club to talk about..
« Last Edit: Today at 19:04:20 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Today at 19:15:03 »

Bamboo, it wasn’t directed at Bob, or aimed at Bob, I just used his example to counter the offence taken at referencing Lycra in a Cycling discussion, who would have thought it. My point was that these names get banded around all of the time.  I am intelligent enough to know what Bob meant, and he is right, Bob also knows me well enough on here to know that I wasn’t having a dig at him for the name he used, I took it as a useful example because I couldn’t think of a better one, it seems that you have got offended by my use of it on his behalf, which is a bit weird.

Anyhow, I’m done with the subject now, I don’t ride a bike, I am a very good driver, and I don’t care enough about the subject to warrant this level of excitement that this discussion has raised this afternoon If only we had a decent football club to talk about..

Alright Berni, don't get your lycra in a twist!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Today at 20:03:46 »

Bamboo, it wasn’t directed at Bob, or aimed at Bob, I just used his example to counter the offence taken at referencing Lycra in a Cycling discussion, who would have thought it. My point was that these names get banded around all of the time.  I am intelligent enough to know what Bob meant, and he is right, Bob also knows me well enough on here to know that I wasn’t having a dig at him for the name he used, I took it as a useful example because I couldn’t think of a better one, it seems that you have got offended by my use of it on his behalf, which is a bit weird.

Oh for pity's sake Berni, it was quite clear you did single out that specific comment. Just own your shit pal, it's funny how you actually draw me into your own sidelined argument, yet the other week when I totally agreed with you on a matter, you were completely silent. So things only garner a response when something isn't agreeable. Yet you're telling everyone and his dog to be holier than thou most the time.

You just appear to not like it when you're rightfully called out on something, because it is indeed yourself who wants to appear ''right'' all the time. Rather than just put your hands up and say, ''yep, I targeted what Bob said as an example and partly misinterpreted it as for all cars'' but nope, Mr Backtrack has to then turn it into someone else's problem.

I'll not get much ''backing'' on this because I'm not the forum ''bike'' {no pun}. One thing I will say is, you're always telling folk to lighten up, chill out or not take things too seriously but here you are getting hot under the collar about something you've said yourself 

I've not got offended at all, I found it quite funny. Beer O'clock. Laters  Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: