Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Huddersfield Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38844 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:41:12 »

Enjoying the Hudds forum this evening...

How embarrasing ,the football played by swindon has been a joy to watch ,Football played by town was one dimensional,big kick to alan Lee against 2 bigger cetre halves ,Town have been mullared

Swindon have been by far the better team.

Cant wrap my head round the constant hoofing considering we won nothing by doing it. We caused them no problems in second half.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:43:04 »

Good performance but let's not pretend this is the same team that's doing so well in L1. Many regulars weren't even on the bench. Still you can only beat what's put in front of you so keep it going.

Perhaps their first team would have given us more of a game.

We were missing a few ourself, but I suppose its true to say the spine of our team played.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:43:13 »

Good performance but let's not pretend this is the same team that's doing so well in L1. Many regulars weren't even on the bench. Still you can only beat what's put in front of you so keep it going.
True, but we started without Kerrouche, Magera, Ridehalgh, Devera, and J Smith, who have all played a decent part in our unbeaten run.
cib

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:47:04 »

Careful now, only the turd side of Oxford are out. Oxford City are still in the hat.

But the turd side are still the turd side. It only makes it realistic to see City still there - after past experience in the cup. I feel as though we need a cup run, i realise we're still in the JPT, but a decent FA cup run can only put a couple hundred more on the gate. Get a decent draw and it can only be beneficial for us.

The huddersfield fans were only complimentary about our performance, the second half we expected huddersfield to come out and attack us. But Alan Lee is shit, and we managed to control their attacks. As Ferry broke, for the third, it reminded me of our Ward's goal in the Play Offs - after that easy-town.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:49:17 »

Oh and i'd bet my left bollock there was more than 5,700 there today.
There must've been atleast 7,000 there, surely?

Said this to my old man on the way out. No way on earth was there 5,700 there. The DRS was pretty full.

About 7,500 i'd say.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:49:39 »

You on drugs.......we pissed on a team that had alot of quality players....name me the players they had missing bar Rhodes?

We had players out..............fuck me one of our greatest results in latest years and you are bemoaning the lack of there players No

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 19:55:07 »

Quite right leefer, loved that performance, very assured against a top side and a pretty good atmosphere to boot. Start of a great weekend, cheers!!
Bosey

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:05:28 »

Best town performance for a long time! Everyone played quality apart from Esajas who I really rated until today.

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:17:32 »

Well this miserable,grumpy,moaner is well happy with that today. Great win against a side with very good form.
I cringed reading some of the comments in this thread to be honest.Some clueless idiots shouting too loudly.
No wonder this site is dead.
Coca Fola

« Reply #294 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:19:51 »

Best bit of the day was the Huddersfield fan that works in William Hill laughing at me betting on Swindon. I rather enjoyed collecting my £20 winnings. Smug.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #295 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:27:02 »

Well this miserable,grumpy,moaner is well happy with that today. Great win against a side with very good form.
I cringed reading some of the comments in this thread to be honest.Some clueless idiots shouting too loudly.
No wonder this site is dead.

Improve it then, you're needed
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:30:58 »

What a difference it makes to last season when watching Town felt like having a second job.
Great turn of phrase...couldn't have put it better Cool
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:32:51 »

All of my misgivings about Di Canio - as a football manager at least - have been proved very wrong.

It's very apparent that he's learning with every match and with every player he signs but he's assembled a proper team and not a squad of players; motivated and passionate about playing for the club.

We seem to be getting better with every game.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:33:16 »

Best town performance for a long time! Everyone played quality apart from Esajas who I really rated until today.

Huh?...played well,so why dont you rate him after today?

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Saturday, November 12, 2011, 20:34:17 »

Yeah, let's not get carried away and enjoy the moment...heaven forbid  Roll Eyes...and while we're at it, I'm fairly certain that wasn't our first choice starting line up today either.

Jesus wept.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: